MOMS & DADS....what's your car and do you like it?

Options

Replies

• chelll224
    chelll224 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I drive a Prius.
    I looooooooooooooooooooove it.
    People say I'm crazy as a mom to have such a "little" car. But it fits me and my two girls PERFECTLY.
    Three kids? Probably not so much.

But for me and my girls it's perfection.
    And the gas mileage? Holla!!!

Seriously - I'm obsessed with my Prius. Obsessed.

I'm on a "green" committee at work and I did a whole demonstration on the myth that my car is too tiny for a family. I've got a carseat and a stroller in it at all times! :)

I drive a Prius too and I love it. I've taken it on long trips with my 3 kids in the back seat and the dog (a 90lb chocolate lab) and our bags in the hatch. My commute is about 80 miles a day so it's been a lifesaver. I have a 2008 and have done nothing to it besides routine maintenance.
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I drive a 2003 Nissan Murano and I used to like it but it's about done. It's making so many noises and drinks up gas like crazy. I want something bigger like a Traverse or Acadia. I can't decide between the two.
  • MUByM
    MUByM Posts: 208
    Options
    Lexus IS 350. I love it! I have a 3 year old and he loves the car too. It's pretty good on gas also.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I have a 2010 Honda Ridgeline and love it.
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Before my mom gave it to me, she owned a 1999 Mercedes E320... she's now (in my opinion) downgraded to an Audi. My dad has a 2010 Mercedes (not sure the specific year....)

When my mom gave me my Mercedes, it was because the airbags stopped working and a lot of other things were compromised, but my dad and I fixed her up fine!
  • flobee76
    flobee76 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of 3 kids: 8, (almost)5, and 3.5. I drive a 2004 Toyota Sienna. Haven't had ANY problems with it yet. I love that van.

My ONLY wish: auto doors. We were on vacation and rented a mini van with the auto doors... what a LIFE SAVER!
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of 3 kids: 8, (almost)5, and 3.5. I drive a 2004 Toyota Sienna. Haven't had ANY problems with it yet. I love that van.

My ONLY wish: auto doors. We were on vacation and rented a mini van with the auto doors... what a LIFE SAVER!

YES! I have those doors on my van now, what a lifesaver with 3 kids, a purse, and grocery bags!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I drive one of these.

5819173123_3cd4276852_z.jpg
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Honda CRV.

Ups: good gas mileage, 4 wheel drive, can seat 5, surf boards fit perfectly on top, repairs are relatively cheap

downs: hondas break down more than US made cars. My sweetie is always telling me to get something made by Jeep.

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2012/02/jd-power-releases-2012-dependability-study.html

Honda = 131 per 100 cars
    Jeep = 179 per 100 cars.

Not hating Jeep but facts are facts
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Honda CRV.

Ups: good gas mileage, 4 wheel drive, can seat 5, surf boards fit perfectly on top, repairs are relatively cheap

downs: hondas break down more than US made cars. My sweetie is always telling me to get something made by Jeep.

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2012/02/jd-power-releases-2012-dependability-study.html

Honda = 131 per 100 cars
    Jeep = 179 per 100 cars.

Not hating Jeep but facts are facts

Great info
  • peytonturk
    peytonturk Posts: 49
    Options
    Honda CRV.

I've driven some sort of honda for the past 16 years... One even had over 400k miles on it (1985 honda civic) and ran perfectly. I've also driven a 1999 civic, 2003 element, 2004 pilot and i'm still in my 2007 pilot. Never had one break down or have any kind of problems. Jeep, IMO, is crap. Everyone that I've known to have anything Jeep is always having some sort of problem with it, big and small.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Honda CRV.

I've driven some sort of honda for the past 16 years... One even had over 400k miles on it (1985 honda civic) and ran perfectly. I've also driven a 1999 civic, 2003 element, 2004 pilot and i'm still in my 2007 pilot. Never had one break down or have any kind of problems. Jeep, IMO, is crap. Everyone that I've known to have anything Jeep is always having some sort of problem with it, big and small.

bump
  • _Refried_
    _Refried_ Posts: 194
    Options
    2 kids 3 cars. 2009 Yukon (hers) , 2012 Nissan Altima (My DD), 99 Highly Modded Trans Am ( MINE)
  • tjones0927
    tjones0927 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have a 2011 Subaru Forester. You can't beat the safety ratings, or resale value, and she gets wonderful gas mileage. I love my Subie and my 6yr old and 10 month old along with car seats, and the little boy I keep during the week AND his car seat fit great in the back, the hatch area is a good size...and my 6ft 3in 230lb fiance fits in it great too :) We take her camping all the time and never have an issue with space for all the gear.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    'She' drives a Grand Voyager....or should that be sail! Road holding is a pig! But the 7 seats are usefull.....

Looking at a Range rover sport...... This makes me happy in sooooo many ways....

trying to convince myself I am not having a midlife crisis....
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    great ride for a family thats also a band.

partridge-family-bus.jpg

I LOVE THIS!!! i lived on a green school bus one summer.. (following the greatful dead.. of course! )

i drive a ford expidition.. big, guzzles gas, fits 8.. and is 12 years old. im really in the market for a new car! however.. i really like the expedition.. fits anything i stuff in it.. and drives over anything.. can hit things like shopping carts and not get any damange.. :)
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Suzuki Reno. I liked it, until I got 3 kids. I can't fit 3 car seats in it at all. I'd kill for a minivan right now, lol. Trade?
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    Both are exact year/color as in pics... I get the van ....hubby gets the car :) lol We have 3 kids so its a must to have the van

2006_chrysler_town___country-pic-41084.png

26704_74753.jpg
  • nicholawelch
    nicholawelch Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I drive a mazda 5. all the seats fold flat, seats are easy to put up and down. I love it.:smile:
    The seats recline and also can move the middle row bacl and forth fro extra leg room if needed
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    2007 Nissan Pathfinder - Love the room if offers. Extra bonus of 3rd row seat that stows away so rear of truck is completely flat.
    2011 Mazda CX-7 - I personally drive this one the most. Alot of pick up and go in a small compact suv.