Most annoying NSV ever.

Options
I live near enough to the gym that sometimes I walk there and back.

Yesterday, while I was walking back from the gym, not one but TWO guys, completely separate incidents, about a half mile from each other slow rolled me in their cars and asked for my number.

This also happened the day before yesterday walking home from the light rail...

I have a long way to go, but I have slimmed down enough for it to be really noticeable. When I started, it had been about 10 years since that's happened to me.

It creeps me out, and no one got my number out of it (I have a boyfriend after all) but STILL it's an NSV, even if it's weird.

Do boys just do this? Is this NORMAL boy activity?

Replies

• Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I think it is "normal" in urban areas because I get it somewhat regularly nowadays and I'm not especially special looking lol

Congrats! I hope you continue to get attention (as long as its flattering and not too creepy)!
  • deedog007
    deedog007 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This type of behavior is normal for 'boys' , not men,,,.. especially if your on "foot patrol". :)
  • Pedro_Infante
    Pedro_Infante Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Owoooooo!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Just got back from 3 days in Vegas where NO ONE hit on me at all ;-p That's NEVER happened there before, so I'm using it as motivation to get lean and mean before I go back next summer!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Just got back from 3 days in Vegas where NO ONE hit on me at all ;-p That's NEVER happened there before, so I'm using it as motivation to get lean and mean before I go back next summer!

Oh, and it's not that I was particularly hot in the past, but it's Vegas, you know? I don't think I'm dog-awful now, but still... it was a bit disappointing in an odd sort of way.
  • Pedro_Infante
    Pedro_Infante Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    @Jen

Girl, I'll honk at you. *honk* *honk* Hey baby!
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I live near enough to the gym that sometimes I walk there and back.

Yesterday, while I was walking back from the gym, not one but TWO guys, completely separate incidents, about a half mile from each other slow rolled me in their cars and asked for my number.

This also happened the day before yesterday walking home from the light rail...

I have a long way to go, but I have slimmed down enough for it to be really noticeable. When I started, it had been about 10 years since that's happened to me.

It creeps me out, and no one got my number out of it (I have a boyfriend after all) but STILL it's an NSV, even if it's weird.

Do boys just do this? Is this NORMAL boy activity?

uh... yes normal boy-man activity!
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I got whistled at today while pushing my baby in her buggy!! Maybe they were whistling at her, she is pretty cute :bigsmile:
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Take it for the complement it is. You've apparently done well. This is the pay off. :)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    OMG I've been experiencing that same problem ever since I lost the weight & officially got fit. I guess its because we are starting to become more confident with ourselves as we progress in our journey that attracts a lot of guys.

Keep it up, you're doing great!
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I got whistled at today while pushing my baby in her buggy!! Maybe they were whistling at her, she is pretty cute :bigsmile:
    lol
  • AmyG17
    AmyG17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Its very normal for buys and men to act this way. Nothing gets me more upset then when I am with my kids who are 5 and 8 and they cat call or say things to me in front of them. Why do that in front of kids? I don't get that at all? Congrats on your weight lost!
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I have a NSV... I was hit on*! I was actually shocked once I realize what was happening.

* I don't really think being hit on counts when it is a fast food drive-up window that the person handing the food over to me, if not a current meth addict, had been one within the past 24 hours to 5 weeks.
  • Taratruex
    Taratruex Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    you said light rail and i thought, hmm i bet she is from sacramento! And i was right.

P.s that is normal! Congrats on your annoying NSV!
  • CloudX
    CloudX Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This type of behavior is normal for 'boys' , not men,,,.. especially if your on "foot patrol". :)

^^this
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I hate that. Guys do this to me regularly. I usually have a child or two with me but apparently that means nothing to the guys that do this.

*It has gotten to the point where I am just completely rude to them and tell them to *kitten* off, even if I have my kids. Sometimes I even lecture them about manners and what is appropriate and what is not. If they bother me enough, like drive by more than twice all hell breaks loose and I may or may not throw something at them.
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Take it as a compliment. Your hard work is paying off.
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options
    It's pretty normal, just can be creepy depending on the guy. I had one try to leave his car and come after me :noway:
    Otherwise, just take the compliment
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Is there anything more annoying than an attractive girl complaining about getting hit on? It's not like they were going all Night at the Roxbury on you. If a guy can't ask a strange girl for a simple phone number, how the hell do babies get made?
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I hate that. Guys do this to me regularly. I usually have a child or two with me but apparently that means nothing to the guys that do this.

Yes, b/c there aren't any single moms out there who want to date a guy who isn't turned off by children. SMH
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!