Replies

• DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    bang
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Question How is $4 for a meal replacement over priced if you are paying $5 or $6 at a fast food chain for inferior food?

I have looked into Shakeology for those days when things are SUPER busy and I find myself picking up hamburgers for the family.

Let me know how your family enjoys the shakes instead of hamburgers....I am sure my 5yr old and 2 yr old wouldn't mind that at all.
  • Jtorres326
    Jtorres326 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I second this. Also am not a beachbody coach and do not drink Shakeology anymore. My stomach just couldn't handle it and I would spend too much time in the bathroom. However, my husband LOVES it. He makes a shake before work and I have seen his stomach decrease dramatically since and he's lost quite a few pounds. I buy it for him, as again, I have digestive issues with it. I don't buy from coaches, I buy direct from the website when I want it and there's no additional pressure. However, I personally dont think it's worth 120 a month.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand all of these people saying "It's $4.50 a day which is cheaper than the un healthy meal I'm buying everyday" Welll if you were serious about your health you wouldn't be out buying a muffin, and starbucks, or burgerking, or something like that. If you were serious about it you would switch those things with cheap homemade meals that are cheaper than shakeology. My breakfast I eat at home cost me $2.50 a day, so if switched to shakeology, I would be doubling the amount of money I spend everymorning.
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Looking at the label, I don't like that it's low fat and higher carb. Where do these carbs come from is my main question. I see glucose is an ingredient, which is SUGAR right?

***I AM NOT ANTI-CARB. Just like good fat and bad fat, with carbs I want to know the source of those carbs. Is it fruit or sugar simply to sweeten. How much will it spike your blood sugar?***

also, it only has 15g of whey protein? WEAKSAUCE.
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    The body absorbs more of the vitamins and healthy stuff that is in shakeology differently than in pill form. I drink shakeology every day at lunch and love it. I have seem great results and it helps me add more protein to my diet. I have used various weight loss and protein supplements over the last several years. GNC protein powders are good and you can get them low calorie, however they don't contain the vitamins, probiotics and superfoods. I have also taken pills that are supossed to help fat burning ( i know they are bad for you, but back then i didn't think that far). Those didn't work for me, they just made my heart race until i got very sick from them. To be honest, i have seem more muscle definition in the 3 months i have taken shakeology than I ever saw in the years of taking any other protein shake. My workouts have been slightly different also. Before i did lots of cardio and i did do some mild lifting, squats, ect. Now i am almost done with the turbofire program and contemplating insanity. If you choose to try shakeology they do offer a bottom of the bag garantee, where after 30 days if your not satisfied you can return it (less s&h).

^ Agreed.

I do wonder - how educated most of the negative responses are. Have you actually tried Shakeology? I for one was a nay-sayer. $119 a month did seem a bit pricey. But I also used to order out for lunch every other day. So I can actually justify what breaks down to about $3.96 a day. Additionally, compared to other protein shakes I've tried (and I've tried a good many of them) it is far superior nutritionally. As one who is currently on the TurboFire program, my body NEEDS what Shakeology has given me. And a little food for thought: We pay more for what we put ON our bodies rather than what we put IN our bodies. We can justify buying a $120 pair of running shoes....
    I have tried Shake-o. I'm also doing turbo fire. I eat real good food, I do turbo just fine, save money, and feel great.
    PS my running shoes were only 75 dollars, and that's a once every two years purchase, not every month.

Not all of us eat "real good food" or get the vitamins we actually need. As far as your shoes, I was using that as an example. We pay more for our clothing than what we put in our bodies....that was my point. However, to each his/her own. This is only my opinion as is everyone else's.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    The body absorbs more of the vitamins and healthy stuff that is in shakeology differently than in pill form.
    Lol, really? What physiology class have you been taking?

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • KathieSmall
    KathieSmall Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I took the plunge and bought a month of Shakeology. I have to admit, I'm not convinced it really does all it's supposed to do. Maybe if I had a really bad diet and was drinking it to skip a bad meal it would be worth it, but I eat well and I already had a good energy level. So I didn't see any difference except $120 out of my checking account. I didn't feel it curbed my craving and I didn't see an increase in my energy level. But in all fairness, it's was actually cheaper than going to Subway for lunch and it was less calories. It was quick and easy and taste pretty good. I made mine with water in fact, because the Almond milk was just too rich for me.
  • LexyDB
    LexyDB Posts: 261
    Options
    There's a sucker born every minute and this is just another gimmick to exploit the fact. In the never ending line of health fads, the gullible and lazy will throw money at something if it saves them time and effort which is why they got into the state they did in the first place. And by the look of most on here, they will make an absolute killing.

This isn’t cheap for what they are charging and the ingredients are nothing new and to be honest, nothing special either. Lots of better, cheaper meal replacements or whey alternatives on the market.

Someone somewhere is making a lot of money off the back of those wanting a quick fix singing the praises of a protein meal replacement, which is why the diet industry is worth billions and will continue as long as idiots feed the pockets of such businesses.
  • bashiera
    bashiera Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    The body absorbs more of the vitamins and healthy stuff that is in shakeology differently than in pill form. I drink shakeology every day at lunch and love it. I have seem great results and it helps me add more protein to my diet. I have used various weight loss and protein supplements over the last several years. GNC protein powders are good and you can get them low calorie, however they don't contain the vitamins, probiotics and superfoods. I have also taken pills that are supossed to help fat burning ( i know they are bad for you, but back then i didn't think that far). Those didn't work for me, they just made my heart race until i got very sick from them. To be honest, i have seem more muscle definition in the 3 months i have taken shakeology than I ever saw in the years of taking any other protein shake. My workouts have been slightly different also. Before i did lots of cardio and i did do some mild lifting, squats, ect. Now i am almost done with the turbofire program and contemplating insanity. If you choose to try shakeology they do offer a bottom of the bag garantee, where after 30 days if your not satisfied you can return it (less s&h).

^ Agreed.

I do wonder - how educated most of the negative responses are. Have you actually tried Shakeology? I for one was a nay-sayer. $119 a month did seem a bit pricey. But I also used to order out for lunch every other day. So I can actually justify what breaks down to about $3.96 a day. Additionally, compared to other protein shakes I've tried (and I've tried a good many of them) it is far superior nutritionally. As one who is currently on the TurboFire program, my body NEEDS what Shakeology has given me. And a little food for thought: We pay more for what we put ON our bodies rather than what we put IN our bodies. We can justify buying a $120 pair of running shoes....
    I have tried Shake-o. I'm also doing turbo fire. I eat real good food, I do turbo just fine, save money, and feel great.
    PS my running shoes were only 75 dollars, and that's a once every two years purchase, not every month.

Not all of us eat "real good food" or get the vitamins we actually need. As far as your shoes, I was using that as an example. We pay more for our clothing than what we put in our bodies....that was my point. However, to each his/her own. This is only my opinion as is everyone else's.
    I forgot some commas. real, good food. I mean, for what you spend on Shake-o, you can buy so much more at the discount grocery. Ripe fruit, tough cuts you meat you can stew to be tender, in-season vegetables. If you worry about vitamins, getting them in a more natural form from a high quality multi is better than getting the synthetic, poorly absorbed ones from shake-o. I'm just offering logic since you questioned the education of the nay-sayers of shake-o.
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    Question How is $4 for a meal replacement over priced if you are paying $5 or $6 at a fast food chain for inferior food?

I have looked into Shakeology for those days when things are SUPER busy and I find myself picking up hamburgers for the family.

It is overpriced for what you are getting in the product. Crappy forms of vitamins, a small dose of protein and a sprinkling of a ton of ingredients so they can add it to the label.

Your source that these vitamins are crappy, or you are just guessing?
  • EWilliamson
    EWilliamson Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT!! I am soo bummed at the price....not sure i wanna pay that but I really do like them! Worth a try if you have the money!
  • Sarahbear83
    Sarahbear83 Posts: 110 Member
    Options

But that's the thing... why compare it to crap food? People, especially those of us trying to lose weight, have plenty of options besides fast food or Shakeology. I can eat healthy meals all day long for less than $2-$4 a piece.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    It's the most amazing addition to my healthy clean lifestyle, a lot of people are negative towards it, but it has more benefits than the negative responses in the feedback...the only biggie is the cost for most! My health and happiness are worth more than $120 :) I BELIEVE in their programs! I've been on it since Jan 12 and couldn't imagine my breakfast w/o it!
    It's processed so how "clean" can it be? And it's not manufactured by Beach Body, but a 3rd party manufacturer who "throws" in the products they want in it. What confirmation do you have that the quality of the product is actually pure and not mixed with "fillers"? Since most 3rd manufacturers use the same process for other powdered drinks, why would it be different for shakeology?

IDEA Fitness member
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

^ Agreed.

Lollercoaster, how is it far superior to protein shakes? Even if you were to assume all the little add ins were in efficacious dosages (they're not), you could use all the money you saved from getting a quality protein powder to buy veggies, a greens formula, multi, what have you
  • Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Looks like an overpriced multivitamin that you're just going to piss out anyway.

Correlation =/= causation.

I lost 50 lbs in 5 months and my consumption of diet soda went up 357% during those 5 months. The diet soda must have been what caused me to lose weight!
  • Acg67
    Options

It is overpriced for what you are getting in the product. Crappy forms of vitamins, a small dose of protein and a sprinkling of a ton of ingredients so they can add it to the label.

Your source that these vitamins are crappy, or you are just guessing?

The Shakeology label
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    Lollercoaster, how is it far superior to protein shakes? Even if you were to assume all the little add ins were in efficacious dosages (they're not) [ . . . ]

Source?
  • Acg67
    Options
    Lollercoaster, how is it far superior to protein shakes? Even if you were to assume all the little add ins were in efficacious dosages (they're not) [ . . . ]

Source?

Once again the ShakeO label, even though all the add ins are in prop blends, you can look at the ingredients, look at the studies done and then check that against the prop blend to see if it could possibly contain enough of the add in.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Well, I've had it for a couple of weeks and I loooooove it! I drink it for breakfast everyday and I have noticed better digestion and a decrease in my enormous appetite! And it is delicious as well. It is pricey but I feel well worth it! Hope this helps, definitely give it a try, if you want to go in with friends and order it from beach body go ahead, it is cheaper to order it from a coach but you don't have to.

I'm with Caramel - I'm about 3 weeks in on shakes (ViSalus). It's $90 for my wife and I.... The money keeps be accountible... The auto-ship keeps be honest (all I have to do is DO the plan... just STICK TO MY PLAN)... I'm down 11 lbs at my last weigh in, and need to weigh again this week.

So far... I like it.. but that's me.
    Statistics show that people that use shakes as meals for weight loss regain once eating real food again. Unless you're willing to drink shakes the rest of your life (chances are you will regain weight) you should consider learning how to eat now without them.

IDEA Fitness member