Do you turn the lights off?

Options

Replies

• rcc1988
    rcc1988 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Lights off. I constantly go into the kitchen and restroom and living room at night without turning on any lights. It's relaxing to my eyes after being on the computer and plus I know my own house - who needs to see? haha.
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    Last night...it started out lights off but then it became a lights on night. Mama liked.

:drinker:
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Imma a lights off guy. I'll be playing a game or watching something and she will turn on the lights. Annoying. But maybe it's payback for me always leaveing the cupboards open when I get a dish or something.
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    Lights on for sure. It's depressing when the house is all dark.

And for the people who had a similar one track dirty mind like me by reading the title... lights ON! haha
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I like a little light.. lamps, under counter lights, nightlights... its never truly dark in my house. What if I have to pee or eat in the middle of the night I'm not gonna turn on that big light and be blind and hurt my little eyes!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    you put up a post with that heading and are concerned about the bath room lights?

Show this topic to your husband when he gets home, that outta be fun....
  • TorridSkies4
    Options
    Lights off.

Actually, I prefer very dim lighting in the evening/night. My boyfriend however, loves having all the stupid lights on ><

During the day though, we have SO much light that pours in the through the windows, and I love it!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Off. Definitely. The ones in the room I'm IN are okay, but if I go out of the room I turn the lights off.

Because I pay the electric and I can see the difference :P
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    hahaha That wasn't what I was expecting either....

That being said, I grew up in a house where my father would always follow us around turning all the lights off.... Now I am like that too!

Of course, my fiance is the worst! He leaves every light on, in every room.... And don't get me started with the tv. He will start watching TV downstairs then head up to the game room...and then the tv will be on in both rooms, plus the lights!!! LOL

My parents were like that too when I was a kid so now, I only have lights on in the room I'm in. My ex was one to leave all the lights and tvs on in every room so I was constantly following behind shutting everything off.
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    If it's sunny outside, I'm a curtain's open kind of person with the lights off. If I'm not in the room, I do turn the lights off, don't like to waist electricity... :smile: But CAN'T STAND a dark room!!!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Lights on at work, can't stand working in the dark. Lights off at home..love my cave!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

( Y'all have very dirty, one track minds. )

Dagnammit. You got me!

A combination of laziness, ecomindedness and tightfistedness has me having eco lights in the room I spend most of my time in and a head torch when I want to go to another room to fetch something. (Head torch is powered by rechargeable batteries... which are recharged by a solar charger!)

If I think I'm going to spend more than 5 minutes in a room, I'll turn the light on.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Wow totally thought this was a post by a man and totally different than what it is LOL....no I am not man bashing just not what I was expecting. I am a natural sunlight person and if it is dark and gloomy out then I turn on the lights, at 8 pm the lights go out in my house and only the ones needed are on. I like to calm down in peace.

On what I thought was the original topic lights off, I like the mystery..... :wink:
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I'm quite night-blind, so usually require some light. I do much prefer dim lighting though. So if it's dark I'll usually turn on a lamp or two. Can't stand overhead lighting for the most part. Fortunately my office-mate feels the same, so I get to work in a nice dim room with just desk lamps.

Also in general I try to conserve as much electricity as possible since the bill's going to be huge from running the air conditioning anyway.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I am a lights off person in my everyday life. I'm frugal and the thought of wasting electricity drives me insane. As far as alone time with my boyfriend, light are always on ; )
  • leelafit_mtl
    leelafit_mtl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Turn off, systematically, when not in a room. But when it's dark, of course I turn the lights on. It's more a green way of thinking than anything else.
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    I perform all tasks better in the dark.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I prefer them off. Especially, if it's storming outside.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I have as few lights on as possible. I like to have candles burning, the light is so much nicer and there is the bonus that they make the house smell so nice.
  • GrnEydGrl86
    GrnEydGrl86 Posts: 154
    Options
    I prefer them off. Especially, if it's storming outside.

^^ THIS