The Thin Treatment

Options

Replies

• KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but I'd have to disagree. Men like women. All women. All kinds of women. Big women, Thin women, Small breasted women, large breasted women, african american women, asian women, caucasian women, WOMEN.

And I will tell you- I have heard this SO many times- the most attractive thing about ANY woman is confidence. A woman who exudes confidence is extremely sexy and desireable.

Perhaps when you are "thinner" you are more confident and have a more extroverted personality? Maybe thats why women are jealous and men find you irresistable.

Women on here who go from mordibly obese to slightly overweight and make great strides in their body's appearance are extremely attractive. Whether they are "thin" or not, they know how hard they've worked to get there and it shows. ;)

Just my thoughts!

Thanks! I have been overweight most of my adult life.... let's say 25-30. When I was a teenager to 25 I was thin to normal. I have not noticed a difference in how men treat me. I exude confidence and most men are sweeties, so no.... I haven't notice.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Also the OP asked what your personal experiences are, not whether or not it's OK to be mean to fat people. Of course we "should" treat everyone equally, but that's not how things really work. I'm not sure why anyone is arguing over this topic.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but I'd have to disagree. Men like women. All women. All kinds of women. Big women, Thin women, Small breasted women, large breasted women, african american women, asian women, caucasian women, WOMEN.

And I will tell you- I have heard this SO many times- the most attractive thing about ANY woman is confidence. A woman who exudes confidence is extremely sexy and desireable.

Perhaps when you are "thinner" you are more confident and have a more extroverted personality? Maybe thats why women are jealous and men find you irresistable.

Women on here who go from mordibly obese to slightly overweight and make great strides in their body's appearance are extremely attractive. Whether they are "thin" or not, they know how hard they've worked to get there and it shows. ;)

Just my thoughts!

I would tend to agree with this. I've been thin most of my life, and never been obese, but I've found that when I'm happy and friendly both men and women tend to like me more. Sure, there are some catty women that just don't like any attractive women, but I think that is more due to their own low self esteem than what I look like. But I don't ever purposely present myself as better looking than another woman, even if I think I am, because beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Fat chicks are not attractive. I also don't find sickly skinny chicks attractive either, but I'd take that over an over weight woman. But I'd pass on both options really. What you look like on the outside is a VERY quick read for how your brain works and I can quickly assess traits I am not interested in.

I have a friend that belongs to a BBW appreciation group that has nothing but mad love and respect for the BBW ladies out there. Just because it's not what turns YOUR crank, doesn't mean you get to be a complete asshat and bash. This is the wrong place for that!
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Fat chicks are not attractive. I also don't find sickly skinny chicks attractive either, but I'd take that over an over weight woman. But I'd pass on both options really. What you look like on the outside is a VERY quick read for how your brain works and I can quickly assess traits I am not interested in.

what a shallow jerk! I dont care if they lock the thread! the nerve of you... especially since you're not exactly small yourself...

sooo ignorant!
    Is he a shallow jerk? He was honest. I don't like super skinny guys and I don't like fat guys. I did a lot of visual judging when I was in the dating world before getting to know the person. Its human nature.

Yeah, I am not shallow at all. I find plenty of females attractive. But apparently knowing what I find attractive makes me a shallow jerk, so be it. I am happy, I know what I want, and I certainly don't care if I offend random people on the internet.

Oh and as for the "I'm not small" thing. Oh really? I didn't notice... That might be why I am losing weight, as my girlfriend and I had an open discussion about her finding me more attractive if I lost weight. I wouldn't EVER fault a person for finding me less attractive the way I looked/still look. You don't buy a painting you don't want to look at to hang in your house. Just sayin. I never said I was a nice person, but I certainly am not asking out someone I find unattractive, and unhealthy people are unattractive. (Yes, that means I consider myself unattractive, OMG who would have thought.)
  • BuckeyeLife
    Options
    To the guy who said fat chicks are not attractive....

weight-stereotyping.jpg

I think the one on the left is jealous of the one on the right.

I'll assume you meant me. Did you miss the part where I said under weight/sickly skinny was unattractive as well? I said I'd only take skinny over fat, but I'd pass on both. (And have, for a few years in my life.)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Haha I love how every subjective thread turns into "HOW DARE YOU NOT BE ATTRACTED TO FAT CHICKS"
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

I have a friend that belongs to a BBW appreciation group that has nothing but mad love and respect for the BBW ladies out there. Just because it's not what turns YOUR crank, doesn't mean you get to be a complete asshat and bash. This is the wrong place for that!

Honestly, the OP asked for opinions and he gave it. God forbid someone be honest about something on this site. Sure, he could have done it with a little more tact, but he was honest. And to be realistic, the majority of the general public would choose a thinner person over an overweight person. And from a super quick Google search of "BBW" it seems more of a fetish.
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    Haha I love how every subjective thread turns into "HOW DARE YOU NOT BE ATTRACTED TO FAT CHICKS"

RIGHT?
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I've pretty much been treated the same forever, at all weights...I'm not a super confident person, but I am reasonably attractive and wear my weight well, and strangers are usually nice to me. I'm at the same weight I was my freshman year of college and I got plenty of attention from men then (I live in Europe now...sadly I don't get as much attention here *sniff*) I started dating my ex when I was 10 pounds heavier than my current weight and I got up to over 200 pounds with him, and he was attracted to me throughout our entire relationship.

Now that I know what I am capable of, I feel more confident, but i'm treated the same now as I was at 130 pounds and 200 pounds. Perhaps if I had been very skinny, or morbidly obese, I would have been treated differently, but I've been within the spectrum of an average weight (I guess?) my whole life.
  • BuckeyeLife
    Options
    Well at least some people understand I was just being honest. I love how just about everyone who read what I said as awful turned to a personal attack on me. As if I care. I am here to lose weight, holy crap there is a revelation. I never consider someone a bad person because they are unhealthy, I just don't find it attractive. I am honest with myself and the people around me. But hey, if you need the daily troll hate target. Go ahead and fire away.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I don't think that my "confidence" levels played in on this one.
    I'd say that I was probably more confident at a higher weight than I was at a lower weight.

So what gives?
    Does society really treat thin people differently?

This is how it was for me in High school...Yet as adults society can still be the same.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

Hahahah trueeee story.

I guess I'm lucky...I haven't experienced the negatives of being overweight (or extra attention for being thin) that many others have.
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options

Hahahah trueeee story.

I guess I'm lucky...I haven't experienced the negatives of being overweight (or extra attention for being thin) that many others have.

MAYBE, just maybe, it's because you've always been hot?
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

Hahahah trueeee story.

MAYBE, just maybe, it's because you've always been hot?

Hahahaha I blame the boobs!
  • vabrewer33
    vabrewer33 Posts: 185
    Options
    Well at least some people understand I was just being honest. I love how just about everyone who read what I said as awful turned to a personal attack on me. As if I care. I am here to lose weight, holy crap there is a revelation. I never consider someone a bad person because they are unhealthy, I just don't find it attractive. I am honest with myself and the people around me. But hey, if you need the daily troll hate target. Go ahead and fire away.

I think the main problem is how you stated your opinion--"fat chicks" combines two words that most women do not like having directed at them. I'm sorry for all the criticism but you need to learn some tact sir
  • samiam321123
    samiam321123 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The more weight I lose, the more attention/better treatment I get from men, especially my boyfriend. Oddly enough, the more weight I lose, the more women glare and 'throw daggers'.

Win some, lose some. I just wanna get fit and be ME!:bigsmile:

^^^This, women can be horrible.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Do a spot another man hating thread in disguise? :o

No - you spot one *kitten* and a bunch of people calling him out on it.

I can get behind that cause! But you can understand my skepticism :)

DOWN WITH THE DOUCHES!!
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options

Honestly, the OP asked for opinions and he gave it. God forbid someone be honest about something on this site. Sure, he could have done it with a little more tact, but he was honest. And to be realistic, the majority of the general public would choose a thinner person over an overweight person. And from a super quick Google search of "BBW" it seems more of a fetish.

This thread was about how YOU get treated at different weights, not what kind of people you're attracted to. If you're not attracted to overweight people, that's totally fine, but there's really no need to state that (and in such a rude way) on this thread. It really was just unnecessary, unless he is talking about how he treats overweight people (which I hope is not the case). If it is the case, then...yeah, that's pretty terrible.
  • illuminatusObservor
    Options

RIGHT?

Gah YES! No one can be honest here IMO. Everyone has to white knight.
This discussion has been closed.