40+ Workout Challenge (New Every Month)!

Options
14567810»

Replies

• fitnfun1
    fitnfun1 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I had a bad headache yesterday, so I have to shift my week around to catch up on my schedule. I hope you are all doing well and staying healthy.

Did we want to figure out a June challenge? I'm still doing BBL until 2 week of June, but perhaps the challenge could be a metabolism booster. Let me see if I can find my list of foods that increase weight loss.

I'm still going through that book UltraMetabolism. It's a really big book. Perhaps I can put some tips soon.

On Monday, I am doing a 5K/6 mile walk. It actually is going to be 8 miles to get to and from the bike and then 2 miles on the bike to get to and from the car. Our entire town is overtaken by this race so we need to be strategic on how to travel to get to the start line. There are almost 60,000 people registered! I'm 49,724. LOL!

Chime in when you can and have a fantastic Memorial Day Weekend!
  • MNMJUNKIE
    MNMJUNKIE Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!

I have some decent off time so thought I'd stop in and say hey and see how you all are doing!! The weather here has been awful..hot and humid weather!! I had hoped to hike but with my allergies this season not such a good idea in this heat/humidity! Doing yardwork is enough lol!! My strawberry patch is doing awesome! So i have a ton now in my freezer for smoothies!! I have been feeling pretty well the past couple weeks...no headaches to speak of..yahhhh!! My stress levels are down..I also have been doing some yoga as well as meditation to keep an inner calm! I have to because coming up things are changing at work and it may be a bit stressful...but im going in with a positive attitude and i will remain calm no matter what! :) (Then when i see my Boss i will curse and yell and scream lol) Just kidding! Anyway, Hubby is doing better now and is able to help around the house once again so im not doing it all!! The other day I spent 5 hrs steam cleaning my carpets! What a job!! I have a cream colored carpet on stairs,hallway and upstairs living room and both bedrooms have a pale yellow..needless to say my Son's room is one of them and instead of yellow it was more a shade of black!! So did any of you guys try my Lean Cuisine idea? I like the ones that say spa on them and they have no preservatives in them... Oh and on a happy note I haven't lost a lot of weight but holy cow I have lost inches!! I had to buy all new summer stuff!! Im so amazed! I think once i cut out dairy cuz of my intolerance to it that helped me shed some as well as my persistence with weight training!! I circuit train for 35-40 min at least 3 times a week now!! I've got me some muscles girls!!

Fitnfun....That Brazil Butt thing sounds like a tough workout!! I really should get me some workout dvd's! switch things up a bit b4 i get too bored!! Good luck on doing this walk thing on Monday!! I would luv to do some things like that..i just cant run..it would definitely have to be a walkathon type deal!! No marathon running for me!! I hope your headache is gone now!! If your weather has been like ours it certainly doesn't help!!

Mspix...Glad you are liking your job!! Even with 12 hr days!! thats gotta be rough!! As for what they are feeding you I think i would try and bring my own healthy foods!! When do you find the time to workout?? Did you try doing the lean Cuisine thing im doing?? For something quick and easy and fairly healthy i think its a good idea! I actually seem to eat more veggies this way so its a good thing for me!!

Well, Ladies i hope you are all having a great weekend and are doing well!! I will try and check in more often!! Take care!! Time for some lunch now! :)

)
  • fitnfun1
    Options
    MNM - It is so good to hear that you are getting the stress under control with meditation and such. It sounds like it is helping you big time. I think I will need to follow your good example and get back into stress relief. I could use it too.

mspix - How are you doing? Are you able to fit some workouts in despite the crazy schedule? There is a fitness program from Beach Body that is a 10 minute solution. Maybe you could fit it in at work if needed?

I did my 10K walk which was more like 7 miles with a few miles of biking to and from the event. I was so proud I finished since I had a cramp in my calf for almost 2 miles and my foot was starting to pain the last bit (the foot I had broke a year ago). Anyway, I crossed the finish line in under 2 hours. Not bad for my first time.

I have been hiking and biking this weekend. I took a spill on my bike during a 14 mile trail. It had gravel in part of the section. There was a lady walking on the path and I needed to pass her right after a turn. I didn't hit the brakes correctly for gravel (should have been opposite to what you do for pavement braking) and I skid out onto my left leg. My fiance has some miracle cream and it is healing quite quickly. I hope I get better at biking so these silly things don't happen so much. :tongue:

Hiking around here is so amazing. I went on one of my favorite little 40 min. hikes today. I think I will keep planning hikes for once a week if possible.

Have a great week and chime in when you can!

****For June Challenge - let's work on doing some of the things that help release weight for us:****

- Take a walk every day to get 1 - 2 miles in.
    - Use meditation, breathing techniques and yoga for stress release
    - Drink 6-8 glasses of water
    - Workout with 3x cardio and 2x strength during the week.

How's that for our challenge?!!!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I have not been part of this before - is it too late or can I join you guys? Thanks! Dee
  • fitnfun1
    Options
    MamaDee2 - Sure, we'd love to hear from you too. It's been a quiet month. Summer is generally less active since we are all traveling and doing other outside activities.

I just got back from my trip to Chicago. I did stick with a walk a day, but that's about all I had time for. I'm back to Brazil Butt Lift with an added walk. I have to re-do week 3 and 4 in order to really give the program a chance.

I hope you are all doing well and taking a walk with your normal challenges. Stop by and say hi! :flowerforyou:
  • fitnfun1
    Options
    Oh, if anyone is interested in Brazil Butt Lift, I accidentally thought my first copy was damaged, but it was my DVD set up. I'd be happy to send it your way. First come first serve on this one. :happy:
  • fitnfun1
    Options
    I have not been the best this month due to distractions Does anyone want to recommit with me for the next 2 weeks?

****For June Challenge - let's work on doing some of the things that help release weight for us:****

- Take a walk every day to get 1 - 2 miles in.
    - Use meditation, breathing techniques and yoga for stress release
    - Drink 6-8 glasses of water
    - Workout with 3x cardio and 2x strength during the week.
  • fitnfun1
    Options
    I'm doing fairly well. First three days were stellar. Today I felt I needed an easier day. I skipped the cardio and did light weights targeted training.

I am ready for another big day tomorrow! 90 minutes worth!
  • fitnfun1
    Options
    I'm really working it! I was doing Brazil Butt Lift until last Sunday. I think I will sprinkle these workouts in when I can. I rather be outside hiking or something right now. Plus, after having the same workouts for a month, you do get a little tired of some of them.

So, I have been doing my walk per day, plus sit-ups and other strength training added after the walk. It is starting to work! I haven't weighed in a while, but a pair of pants I bought that was really tight now buttons easily. My legs and butt have slimmed down considerably since all my pants are baggy in the legs now and fit better in the middle. I was getting size M tops and they are a little big. Size S is still a tad small so I am in between sizes. I hope to be back to a size S soon (I'm really petite and this is the size that I should be).

I hope all of you are doing well. Stop in and say hello when you get the chance.
  • mspix
    mspix Posts: 153
    Options
    Hello! Long time no see :)

Things have been crazy hectic with a new job, a move and other assorted life things. I am holding my own through many missed workouts and not the best eating schedule.
    It is starting to settle down somewhat, so going to start making the time to journal my meals again, it truly does keep me on track.

Congrats, Fitn, on the baggy clothes! What a great feeling! I am in need of some new work clothes, my slacks are very loose and I am down to two pairs. Not the worst problem in the world, lol.

My goals have been adjusted to three workouts a week and to increase my water intake.

Thank you, Fitn, for the motivational posting, it was nice to catch up :)
  • fitnfun1
    Options
    Hi mspix! Glad to see you. It sounds like a whirlwind of changes for you. I hope they are all good changes! I know you will be back at it soon.

July is going to be tricky since next week is a vacation week. I can attempt to commit to a walk a day and toning everyday. Getting a particular workout might be tough.

I hope the rest of you will be able to stop by soon. Happy weekend to all! :happy:
  • fitnfun1
    Options
    ****For the month of August! 6 Days per week workouts:

For 4 days
    Cardio workout 20-60 min. bonus if you do interval training
    Strength for 5 min.
    Walk for 30 min.
    Yoga/Stretch for 10 min.
    Meditate for 5-15 min.

For 2 days
    Cardio workout 10 min. - to get the blood flowing
    Strength for 30-40 min.
    Walk for 30 min.
    Yoga/Stretch for 10 min.
    Meditate for 5-15 min.

Reasons:
    I'm finding that doing cardio before strength training makes the ST portion more effective.

A little toning everyday on problem areas works.

Adding a walk everyday for at least 30 min. has been working for many 40+.

Doing yoga/stretch and meditation helps relieve the stress which helps release fat.

Scattering activity in bits throughout the day is more effective than one big workout at a time.

Of course eating smaller, healthy meals more often and drinking plenty of water helps too.