This is a SERIOUS topic!! Respond ASAP...

Options

Replies

• LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    WHEW! I am so glad there are others as addicted...I mean dedicated as me....LOL...I truly had not though of MFP not being a part of my life until I read her post where she checked in to Lexus know she was putting herself through this test. I was in shock....lol, but seriously. I have yo yo dieted for many years and MFP has been the FIRST plan that has motivated and happily pushed me to succeed.

I am not even going to test myself. I know I would have withdrawals. Look what happens when the site or app is down....LOL..

LOL when the site was down for maintenance, I was beside myself......"oh no what am I going to do, I really, really , REALLY need to log my food in!" I definately felt withdrawals and wouldnt know what I'd do if this site was ever shut down.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I think your topic is a little bit extream !!!! I don't see how this is "SERIOUS topic" at all.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I cannot imagine not having MFP in my life - it really does become a part of who you are!
  • Perisylpha
    Perisylpha Posts: 139
    Options
    Chances are that once bad habits are broken and re-education is complete, then current MFP users won't need it anymore. At least, that is the hope.:smile:
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    I think your topic is a little bit extream !!!! I don't see how this is "SERIOUS topic" at all.

Everyone's idea of serious is different. What is serious to you may not be to others.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I tried not using MFP for a month last year. That experiment didn't go so well. So, for the foreseeable future, I don't intend to stop using it.

Agreed, but I'm fairly new anyways. I just cannot seem to understand how many calories I'm taking in without it. I found out I eat way too little all these years (in which you think I would be thin because of it). So it's helping me eat more, also accountable of WHAT I do eat. If I eat tortilla chips, I have to write it down and it makes me eat less.
  • TwtyMami35
    TwtyMami35 Posts: 99
    Options
    HELLO. I DO CHECK ON THEM BECAUSE I BELEIVE THAT THAT IS WHAT WE ARE SUPPOSE TO DO. GIVE SUPPORT AS WELL AS RECEIVE IT. SOMETIMES PEOPLE ARE GOING THROUGH THEIR OWN PERSONAL STRUGGLE AND NEED TO BE CHECKED ON. YOU NEVER KNOW, JUST BY YOU CHECKING ON THEM MAY HELP THAT PERSON. ISN'T THAT WHAT WE ARE ALL HERE FOR? AS FOR YOUR FRIEND, THAT IS HOW SHE FEELS AND MAYBE SHE WILL BE SUCCESSFUL. WHAT WORKS FOR ONE MAY NOT WORK FOR ALL. I, MYSELF DO NOT KNOW ALL ABOUT THAT BUT I WISH HER THE BEST. I KNOW THAT I NEED MFP AND THE FAMILY THAT I HAVE MADE SINCE BEING HERE.

You're right! I may need to extend my deletion out 30 days. I will send messages to show my support rather than immediately delete as life has obstacles. Thanks for the response!
  • lessofme65
    lessofme65 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I figure I've had issues with my weight all my life so when I reach my goal I'm still the same girl and will still need support. I'm glad for the friends and support I've found here.
  • melanielynn123
    Options
    I plan on being here forever.:happy:
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, if you have to log on everyday to keep yourself in check then you aren't really learning how to be healthy. What happens if your power goes out for a week, are you going to get fat? If so then you have failed to really grasp the concept. Let her go and try it out. There is not one right or wrong way to do this healthy life thing.

I totally agree with you. Funny you should make this statement. I bought a food diary, paperback. I work on a PC ALL day at work and we go down ALL the time. This gave me the ideato get the food diary in paperback. When MFP goes down I am still cool as a cucumber because I write down the food, beverages, and exercises to log later.

It's more of a good habit. Writing it down makes me accountable.

I write things down too. I quit for about 4 months while still trying to lose and lost 15-20 more pounds so I was happy with myself. I recently started logging again because I am at my goal weight so I need to work on being good while eating more. This site is really useful and I will use it but personally am working to not have to rely on it.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I am one of those who does send messages. Sometime I dont hear back but most time I do. Yes I do delete people who dont stay on track. And no I dont ever plan on not using this site. I have made great and supportive friends here.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, if you have to log on everyday to keep yourself in check then you aren't really learning how to be healthy. What happens if your power goes out for a week, are you going to get fat? If so then you have failed to really grasp the concept. Let her go and try it out. There is not one right or wrong way to do this healthy life thing.

I totally agree with you. Funny you should make this statement. I bought a food diary, paperback. I work on a PC ALL day at work and we go down ALL the time. This gave me the ideato get the food diary in paperback. When MFP goes down I am still cool as a cucumber because I write down the food, beverages, and exercises to log later.

It's more of a good habit. Writing it down makes me accountable.

That's impressive discipline. I use my phone (which is how I discovered MFP in the first place). Some kind of back up plan is important, imo. Two evenings this past week, this site had major server issues, and couldn't even load my food diary. My phone app couldn't sync, but at least I could still enter info and look at my totals. It synced with no problem once the site was back up, but I missed my newsfeed and friends.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    You can check out any time at night, but you can never leave.

Well said!
    Well sung you mean.
  • TwtyMami35
    Options

I can remove the word "serious" however I felt that it was a very important topic that required opinions and thoughts. Thanks for sharing yours! Good luck on your journey!
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I love the support of the new friends I have found here, but if I am really getting what I need on MFP, I will one day be able to leave and still remain accountable to myself.

Is that day around the corner in the forseeable future? Probably not~~but a habit is formed after 21 days (good or bad). This means, I must face the possibility that I will have to return to re-form a good habit, should I accidentally form a bad one if I leave.

Of course, I do not want this, but considering I lived so many years with the bad habits that made me desire to make a change, it could happen.

I do see this as a serious topic, but each of us will write our own conclusion to our story and must decide this individually. If you choose to delete a friend, so be it. If they come back and want your support, they will ask. I will ALWAYS take a friend back, if they have found my support of some value, so if I delete you, and you come back, don't be bummed. Just ask me to re-friend you and I probably will.:wink:
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I totally plan on logging in after I meet my goal. I am eight pounds away from goal and I plan on still logging in to maintain. I cant wait unit I can have more calories for maintainance.
  • TwtyMami35
    Options
    I love the support of the new friends I have found here, but if I am really getting what I need on MFP, I will one day be able to leave and still remain accountable to myself.

Is that day around the corner in the forseeable future? Probably not~~but a habit is formed after 21 days (good or bad). This means, I must face the possibility that I will have to return to re-form a good habit, should I accidentally form a bad one if I leave.

Of course, I do not want this, but considering I lived so many years with the bad habits that made me desire to make a change, it could happen.

I do see this as a serious topic, but each of us will write our own conclusion to our story and must decide this individually. If you choose to delete a friend, so be it. If they come back and want your support, they will ask. I will ALWAYS take a friend back, if they have found my support of some value, so if I delete you, and you come back, don't be bummed. Just ask me to re-friend you and I probably will.:wink:

Very well said indeed!!!! Thank you for the response!!!!
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I think it is an awesome tool, and I have great people on my friend list, some I know in person, some I never met face to face.. generally If they have not logged in for a few months I delete them, I mean if they don't use MFP, what is the point? also if they come back on later they can find you, and I had a few who did this.

I think I will use MFP as long as I have the chance to get really fat again.... so that's a long time, LOL
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    MFP has me on a tracking anklet. I'm not allowed to wander far at any time.

Plus, after bailing on FB... I needz my fix from my friendz!
  • TwtyMami35
    Options

Everyone's idea of serious is different. What is serious to you may not be to others.

There is always a critic. He didn't HAVE to respond. LOL....just sayin