This is a SERIOUS topic!! Respond ASAP...

Options

Replies

• kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I've been logging, every single day, for a year and a half. It's not that hard and it's working for me. I'm not stopping any time soon.
  • dionne88
    dionne88 Posts: 2
    Options
    MFP IS FOREVER. WHY GO BACK TO TRYING ALONE. DOESN'T WORK FOR MOST PEOPLE.
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options
    I plan to use it for the forseeable future :) Although, this summer I am going to Italy for 2 weeks and I'm not going to use it then of course!

I would like to add that I have days where I don't log, but mentally keep track of what I am eating. And I'm proud to say that I don't need MFP to eat healthy!
  • yustick
    yustick Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I see no reason to quit logging here...it's so easy.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I have a habit of not deleting people till they haven't been active for more than 6 months b/c I went AWOL for a while earlier in the year, family issues, and stuff...and was glad to see some old faces when I came back....

I don't plan on leaving MFP ever lol but I might have to step away once in a while.
  • martyv73
    martyv73 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I cannot imagine not getting on MFP!!!! It's like a friend I run to to talk about how I did all day?????
  • Luciendasky
    Luciendasky Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I will forever use this program, but I will have to continue on what this program is teaching me forever.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    i will probably be a forever girl
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    You can check out any time at night, but you can never leave.

Win!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    my goal is about a year away, so i am in this for the long haul. I thought that if I ever got to the point that I could maintain w ease, I would let the scale tell me when to return. If I pass a certain mark then right back into the program. I don't find logging food difficult except for a few days a year. (camping in the woods)
    Friend me if you want someone planning on staying around.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I plan to stay a looong time (1-2 years at least), but "forever"?? I don't think so...I'm hoping by the time I'm 60 or 70, I'll have learned how to eat properly and maintain a good weight without counting every calorie. Forever is a long time.
  • designsbymlg
    Options
    I can understand people leaving if they have met their goal and maintained it for at least a month. That should allow a good feel for the calorie intake needed for maintenance. On the other hand, I've had my only two MFP friends, my mom and my best friend, leave without telling me first. I tried to encourage them both back and they both told me they just can't do it right now. It feels so lonely on here now ;-)
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'll use it until the servers shut down and the site becomes unpopular. There are others like it though, so there will always be a way to keep track of everything. I generally delete after 3 days of unannounced inactivity, but now that you mention it, 2 weeks seems to be far more reasonable.
  • TwtyMami35
    TwtyMami35 Posts: 99
    Options
    I cannot imagine not getting on MFP!!!! It's like a friend I run to to talk about how I did all day?????

That's a great way to put it!
  • TwtyMami35
    TwtyMami35 Posts: 99
    Options
    I'll use it until the servers shut down and the site becomes unpopular. There are others like it though, so there will always be a way to keep track of everything. I generally delete after 3 days of unannounced inactivity, but now that you mention it, 2 weeks seems to be far more reasonable.

I extended my deletion out to 30 days after reading some REAL posts that gave supportive reasons why we should reach out and try to continue supporting those who did not log for awhile. Take a gander.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could stop.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I don't plan to be here forever. I am using it as a teaching tool. Having said that, I will log in periodically to check myself and make sure I'm still on task.

I've done this before. I was successfully in maintainence for 4 years. I know I can do it. I quit my job and forgot to pay attention to the fact that my energy levels dramatically changed. I gained overnight. Then I went on vacation mode moving abroad for the first time. I knew I was doing it. I did it willingly. Now I'm back to putting myself back on track. I'm not worried about maintenance because I've been there--successfully. But I am using this time to teach myself new tricks. I've dramatically changed my mindset about exercise and I'm learning about body composition. I don't regret it because this is a life long journey. I learn as I go.

I embrace logging. You won't see me with a break in it during my training myself period. After I lose it, I stay on for awhile durin maintence to learn how that feels too and then I slowly but surely let go.
  • dancngdolfn
    dancngdolfn Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    MFP is with me forever also. If i give it up I know i'll gain back all the weight I lost. Don't want that to happen, i've come to far.
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I generally don't keep track of everybody. I will delete a person if they haven't logged on for over a month.
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I am here for good too. I need this to keep me on track so I dont go back to my old ways.