Successful showoffs??Sick and tired of this.

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Wow. You'd think these peopl would be more compassionate. Showing off your success is great, but if you're showing off without the intent to help or inspire others, then you're just plain ol' showing off!
  • Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Why are there so many people on here that have lost weight, and succeeded, who act like they are big shots? They feel like they are so much better than everyone else. They decline friend requests, they're so rude, and when you ask them questions for help they ignore you. I am so sick and tired of these show-offs. Congratulations for your success, but seriously stop acting like you can step all over everyone else. If i ever reach my goal, I will make sure to help out anyone that needs me, but I cant say the same for everyone else.:huh:

Most likely because they have worked damned hard to lose their weight and get into shape, that's why.

Regarding declining friend requests, that is totally up to them who they accept or decline, as it is also your privilege to do the same, as you do too.

Personally, I have not had any such experience on MFP as you so describe, the only thing I have had is being declined as a friend - but so what, there are thousands more people on MFP to befriend if that is your desire.

I admire your bluntness. That probably is the case. Don't take it personally.
  • Nicolle71
    Nicolle71 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi to you,

I am sorry but I will gladly accept a friend request. My name is Nicolle and I will gladly use someones supprt during this process. I am attempting to lose 35 poucnds. My 14 year old daughter died on January 3, 2011 and I basically did nothing but bawl and eat food. I only tell you this so you know that there are normal people here trying to just make it through the day. I hope you have a better afternoon and find some MFP friends.

Nicolle
  • janinebudgell
    janinebudgell Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thats to bad you have had a bad experience on here. I joined on Feb 20th, 2012 and all the people I have encountered are amazing and supportive!! I love this site and the wonderful MFP friends I have made! I respect and cherish my online friendships with them ALL :)

Hopefully it was an isolated period and you will meet others with simliar goals, personalities, heck what ever it is you need from here!

GOOD LUCK! Don't let a little negetive from a few people get you down!
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    I understand where the OP is coming from, but not everyone on here is like this. I do see a lot of snarky attitudes on the message boards, and often see people being attacked for no good reason. However, that's life. Some people just don't have good manners. Also, there are other reasons someone might not responde to a freinds request or a message other than they're being mean/rude. Sometimes people misunderstand eachother. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, especially on the internet because it's easy for these misunderstandings to occur. It's much harder to read sarcasm or tell one someone is joking or being humorous. Not to mention, it's really hard to keep your friends motivated and support them when your FL has 23947381232350 people on it. I'm sorry that you have had a bad experience on here, feel free to add me if you like.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    You know what's interesting about this thread. I emailed the op, I felt bad, tried to offer any help or assistance I could. I lost a lot of weight, so I decided to send the OP a FR. Trying to be as supportive as possible. DECLINED!!

Look like the pot is calling the kettle black.

wow, now that is irony.
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I haven't really come across these people myself but there are jerks everywhere. Skinny jerks, fat jerks, skinny jerks who used to be fat...
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I've never turned down anyone's Friend request. I use my weight in my ticker not to show off, but to add context. The issues I, a short, small-framed, mature (hence, slower metabolism), sedentary (currently injured) woman who has gained weight over the years but never been clinically overweight may be different from someone who has a great deal of weight to lose.

But whenever I respond, I am sincerely trying to be helpful.
  • smkafka
    smkafka Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have not found this to be the case. I have some really supportive friends, I have friends that do not reply but are good comic relief, and I have friends that just show up on my page. Find the ones that are supportive and make sure you ask them the questions. They are more likely to answer. I am sorry that you have not found that support. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I'm an unsuccessful showoff. I do everything wrong and nobody loves me! ... but I still flaunt it anyway. I'm sexy and I know it! girl, look at that body.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Since there is so much hate goin on in this thread, here's a little happy for you.

1288592742697.gif

hey...where can i get a lawn mower like that???Don't even have to push it !! :bigsmile:
  • rima933
    rima933 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You know what's interesting about this thread. I emailed the op, I felt bad, tried to offer any help or assistance I could. I lost a lot of weight, so I decided to send the OP a FR. Trying to be as supportive as possible. DECLINED!!

Look like the pot is calling the kettle black.

wow, now that is irony.
    \
    1) I posted a comment on this thread that the reason i posted about people declining friend requests was not that it happened to me,. It was another topic that i saw where the op said that someone told her theyre no longer accepting any more friends, which i thought came accross as if theyre all that, which i later decided that maybe they arent accepting friends because they cant handle a large list.
    2) I clearly have it stated in my profile that for personal reasons, i dont add ANY guys to my list.
    3) everyone on this thread is taking this way too far.
    4) I have since apologized if there was any miscommunications
    5) I also commented and said that this was meant for a specific person on my list to see it, and a few rude people from the forums
    6) Whoever told me to STFU will be reported.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I'm sure youll get over it...

yup.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Can I get you some cheese with your whine?
This discussion has been closed.