any people here from the "sunshine state" of florida

Options

Replies

• kfoley2
    kfoley2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm just north of Tampa. Originally went PA to Miami, but relocated here a few years ago. My second job has me traipsing all over FL between Jacksonville and Miami so I play tourist in this state quite frequently and couldn't imagine living anywhere else. (Well, actually I thought about Arizona for a while, but no ocean is a deal breaker for me).
  • gailgbea
    gailgbea Posts: 2
    Options
    Moved to central florida 2004. Still miss my family, but try to keep busy. The summers are tough.
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    born in NJ but moved to Florida when I was really young..I live in Palm Coast . NOT looking forward to this tropical storm..only bad part of living in Florida..oh, AND the hurricanes and heat !
  • gsi163866
    gsi163866 Posts: 5
    Options
    I was born in Miami, lived in Marietta, GA for 10 years, then Tampa for 2 (which I hated), now I've been in Jupiter, FL since 2004. Jupiter is Paradise!! Love it Love it Love it! There are tons of running groups, biking groups, and whatever else peaks your interest. FL is Awesome in general though :-) If I can drop 5 more pounds, I just MIGHT hit the beach with my head held high.
  • KCherry
    KCherry Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    St. Pete, born and raised :)
  • itsDorian7
    itsDorian7 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Originally from the Bronx, lived my whole life in NY. The weather depressed me so much I moved to Florida 5 yrs ago.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Jax people stay safe tonight.
  • TiredandReadyForLoss
    TiredandReadyForLoss Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Born in NY, but moved to FL when I was 8. Moved back to NY when I was 25...thought I was missing something, then I realized it was my mom and brother!! Moved back to FL and never looked back. Although I love the cold weather---yes, even snow---I am a Florida girl...I love the sunshine too much to leave :) I live in Spring Hill...just north of Tampa (about 45 minutes North)
  • Jamie2007
    Jamie2007 Posts: 169
    Options
    I Want to be if that counts! lol
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am from Tampa, FL originally, but have moved to a couple different states as an adult, then back to FL, to DeLand, then back to Tampa a year later. I left FL in 2009, though, and moved to Small Town USA in Kentucky, and love it! I don't ever want to go back to the craziness of FL. I would like to go and visit sometime, and maybe take my son to Disney at least once. I haven't had the chance to go back since I moved up here. My parents still live there, and I miss them. I am so glad you like it. There are some VERY beautiful areas, and I hope you get the chance to explore soon!
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Anyone from South Florida (Miami-Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach) feel free to send me friend request.
  • inverseofmissy
    inverseofmissy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Here in Jax the pine cones are pelting our roof at the moment and I can hear the wind/rain outside! Going to be a stormy night for sure.
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Moved to Flagler Beach from Michigan about 8 weeks ago. So far, love it.
  • soonpass
    soonpass Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Jax people stay safe tonight.

That's sweet thanks! South Jacksonville here, moved here 2 years ago from Tallahassee, lived in Miami before that!
  • TiredandReadyForLoss
    TiredandReadyForLoss Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I Want to be if that counts! lol

You're in! you are unofficially a Florida Cracker! *ha!*
  • aleshamarieseven11
    Options
    Largo!
    :happy:
  • dhoody
    dhoody Posts: 49
    Options
    Im in Jacksonville Westside......Hello
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    From NJ originally but moved to Miami 7 years ago. Hello there! :drinker:
  • MichaeltheMarine
    MichaeltheMarine Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I use to live in Madison, Lake City and Monticello.
  • _Ivian
    _Ivian Posts: 198
    Options
    Miami! Born and raised. But my heart is elsewhere! :smile: