What some of your best NSV's so far?

Options

Replies

• geminigrl622
    geminigrl622 Posts: 144
    Options
    I can jog for 10 minutes without stopping.
    My stomach is flatter.
    I enjoy working out again.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I just completed my first Warrior Dash - beating out many men in the process..
    And I'm going for my second Dash this weekend coming up
    I never could have done these two years ago (or even one year ago)
    Most everyone around me (even trained professionals and experienced athletes) comes to me for advice and/or training. I headed up my Dash team, the only female on the team and led two strong, fit men into battle. We crushed it! It's nice to hold my own with 'the boys'.
  • lissypriss
    lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Seeing people for the first time in years and they don't recognize me!
    Having my husband hug me longer and tighter
    My 12 yr old hugs me all the time saying "I can touch my elbows when I wrap my arms around you!"
    Shopping in the junior's section instead of wishing I can wear the cute clothes
    No back pain or foot pain anymore!
  • PulchritudinousLady
    PulchritudinousLady Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    NSVs at 6 weeks:

1. I can sleep!!! Less insomnia, I wake up feeling good. I'm literally walking, biking, and shredding my anxiety away!
    2. I used to walk my dog down the block and feel exhausted. I'd get home, collapse on the couch and then Emma would come running up with a toy full of energy. Now I walk her for 3 miles and SHE's the exhausted one! (Emma's a 4lb chihuahua...I know, but I'm short and out of shape so she's good competition right now!)
    3. I feel vital, healthy, and happy. This is nice...it's been a while.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Favorite one - yesterday I ran 15.43 km/9.5 miles in 1:21:48. Thats a 5:18 minute kilometer or an 8:35 minute mile average pace. Last year I was running 10-10:30 minute mile. I struggled to run an 8 minute for one mile. I used two different online calculators to figure my pace because i couldnt believe it. I came in 36th out of 70. Not bad for someone whomismused to being last or close tomit.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I ate corn on the cob today and I did not even think about butter and salt.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    1. Being able to jog and liking it.
    2. The feeling of being proud of myself and actually loving myself enough to show myself off and being able to hold my head high.
    3. Having more then my pant size change, being able to deal with things I use to not deal well with. Like lashing out at people, I use to get on the defense a lot and lash out. I've since learned to control that. This journey has taught me control in all aspects of my life.
    4. Having a guy who every girl I knew had a crush on, come up to me (happened about 2 weeks ago) and tell me I am hot stuff. In front of his wife and my husband lol. I know he was just complementing me on my hard work, he is also my main source of motivation, he is a body builder now, and a lot hotter now then he was growing up lol. But still hearing that said to me by him, even if he was just trying to make me feel good, it worked.
    5. Going from a size 20 jean to a size 5/6. As a teenager I was a 9/10 I never once was a 7/8 or 5/6 so I'm smaller now then I have ever been.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    ... less weight to carry in my luggage on holiday lol

Nah, it doesn't work that way.. because when you lose the weight, you stuff your bags full of tons of new, cute clothes. And SHOES! :bigsmile:
  • smantha32
    Options
    I didn't think I had any, but I walk two miles a day, and last week I added weights to my walk so I have a little one. Congrats to all ya'll on your accomplishments!
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Completed a C25K program
    Can do full on boy pushups from the toes (couldn't even do a girl one before I started the 30 Day Shred)
    Completed the 30 Day Shred with NO SKIPPED DAYS!
    Not afraid to start the Insanity Program - started today actually :ohwell:
  • abetterjune
    abetterjune Posts: 219
    Options
    1- burned over 2000 calories in a work out.
    2- been eating so many veggies that my son now claims that spinach is his favorite food and demands it in everything from eggs to smoothies to rice and beans. Hooray for setting a good example!
    3- signed up for a 1/2 marathon and am up to 5ish miles in my training.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options

Nah, it doesn't work that way.. because when you lose the weight, you stuff your bags full of tons of new, cute clothes. And SHOES! :bigsmile:

My problem isn't tons of cute new clothes, it's that now I pack as much workout gear as regular clothes. lol

My fave NSV's...

1. Taken off blood pressure meds after 10 years on them (that was why I started this in the first place).
    2. Finishing a half marathon when I could never in my life even run more than 1/4 mile at a time.
    3. My wedding ring fitting again after not being able to wear it for about 13 years.
  • happypath101
    happypath101 Posts: 534
    Options
    All right...I can figure out from context that NSV means good stuff from getting in shape. I cannot for the life of me figure out what it stands for. A vowel anyone?

In case no one has answered you yet: Non-Scale Victory. :OD

That term was a mystery to me too until recently.
  • The_new_Amy
    The_new_Amy Posts: 29
    Options
    Having to borrow my 18 year old daughter's clothes because mine are all huge and I don't want to shop until I hit goal. She's 5 inches taller than me so that's been interesting, lol. She also has a beautiful figure so it makes me feel great!
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    1. I can walk, at any pace, without shin splints!
    2. In a size 24 from 28
    3. Energy level and endurance levels are sky high!
    4. I am PROUD of myself!
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    *No longer having to use a sea tbelt extender in my mom's tiny truck
    *Needed a safety pin to hold up my yoga pants the other day (lol)
    *Feeling my rib, not knowing what the "bump" was and thinking I was dying from lung cancer (LOL)
    *No more back pain
    *No more hip pain
    *Can now fit a very sexy pair of zip up boots that my legs were to fat for in the past
    *Not being winded and tired from being out shopping/sight seeing with family
    *I am MUCH more flexible and bendable .... if you know what I'm hinting at :wink:
    *More stamina too
    *Being able to workout for an hour and feeling energized from it
    *Six sizes smaller in pants/skirts .... 3 sizes smaller in tops ... from when I started
    *Not feeling like I'm choking when I sleep on my back
    *Takes 30 mins to get ready in the morning instead of the old 1 hour and 15 minutes because moving was so hard.
  • Gloria67648
    Gloria67648 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I loved reading all of these! I look forward to the time when I once again have only 1 chin!

Mine are:
    A bit of a spring to my step!
    Quit smoking!
  • muffin_shufflin
    muffin_shufflin Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    - I can hike the mountain by my house.
    - Feeling confident in a bathing suit for the first time in my life.
    - Currently doing p90x, which I never would have survived in the past lol
    - And, my favorite, my top two abs are showing ever so slightly! :D
  • smantha32
    Options

My problem isn't tons of cute new clothes, it's that now I pack as much workout gear as regular clothes. lol

I take workout gear on every single vacation, and then I never find the time to workout. lol
    I do usually walk my *ss off the whole time however.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    1. Bought and wore a bikini for the first time ever!
    2. Can finally cross my legs!!
    3. I don't change clothes 15 times before I venture out of the house anymore! I can wear anything in my closet and walk out without even checking myself in the mirror!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!