My Unpopular Opinion

Options

Replies

• zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Going to get killed for this but they are just my unpopular opinions...

Religion is for idiots.

All drugs should be legalized.

Capitalism is over rated.

I agree with you. However, I wouldn't say religion is for idiots. There are lots of intelligent religious folks. However, I think religion is for those who seek comfort from their fears and insecurities. One of the most common phrases I hear from one of my religious friends is, "I just let God handle it" or "put it in God's hands." I wish I could politely suggest that *she* should handle the situation rather than ignoring it (or only acknowledging its potential metaphysical consequences via prayer). LOL... that's just my (unpopular?) opinion though.

well i will agree with you on one thing...ur right- people should handle their situations- but what they should realize is that when they "put it in God's Hands" that means that they want God to help them make the right decisions...or that they will not allow the anxieties of the situation dictate their life matt 6:33,34 ...simple...but i think most "religions" are what you say- just a place for ppl to get comfort or to "do whats right" so to speak-

for me its so much more about finding the right place to worship just as long as its all about the truth of the Bible and not just putting money into some pastor/reverends pocket so they can get a bigger house or car... ya kno

My husband is a pastor. I can assure you that the tithes our church members give does not go to us to line our pockets for a bigger house or car. :) Not every man of God and his family gets rich from the church - - in fact that's not the norm. The church is commanded by God's Word to take care of the "undershepherd" that being the pastor. If God has called a man to be a Pastor, to lead his flock on this earth, then that man is to be trusted in all aspects by his congregation and he has very very high standards he is expected to live by. He is to be held accountable by his deacons/elders and the congregation.

Sadly, there are churches who don't do this and they put the pastor on the pedestal and allow alot of bad things to go on but it is NOT the norm.

Agreed! A lot of people don't realize that without tithes and offerings, a church can't afford to keep the electricity on, water bill paid, mortgage/rent on the building, maintenance, ect... So it's not just about trying to "sucker people out of money" or something like that- it's important in order to make sure the needs of the church are met. And full time pastors often do draw a salary (so that they themselves can survive and their families can eat while they dedicate themselves to their job/ministry). Unfortunately scandles with big name televangelists, ect... have distorted the view on it and made some people afraid to give at all
  • sweetie89207
    sweetie89207 Posts: 361
    Options
    Going to get killed for this but they are just my unpopular opinions...

Religion is for idiots.

All drugs should be legalized.

Capitalism is over rated.

I agree with you. However, I wouldn't say religion is for idiots. There are lots of intelligent religious folks. However, I think religion is for those who seek comfort from their fears and insecurities. One of the most common phrases I hear from one of my religious friends is, "I just let God handle it" or "put it in God's hands." I wish I could politely suggest that *she* should handle the situation rather than ignoring it (or only acknowledging its potential metaphysical consequences via prayer). LOL... that's just my (unpopular?) opinion though.

well i will agree with you on one thing...ur right- people should handle their situations- but what they should realize is that when they "put it in God's Hands" that means that they want God to help them make the right decisions...or that they will not allow the anxieties of the situation dictate their life matt 6:33,34 ...simple...but i think most "religions" are what you say- just a place for ppl to get comfort or to "do whats right" so to speak-

for me its so much more about finding the right place to worship just as long as its all about the truth of the Bible and not just putting money into some pastor/reverends pocket so they can get a bigger house or car... ya kno

My husband is a pastor. I can assure you that the tithes our church members give does not go to us to line our pockets for a bigger house or car. :) Not every man of God and his family gets rich from the church - - in fact that's not the norm. The church is commanded by God's Word to take care of the "undershepherd" that being the pastor. If God has called a man to be a Pastor, to lead his flock on this earth, then that man is to be trusted in all aspects by his congregation and he has very very high standards he is expected to live by. He is to be held accountable by his deacons/elders and the congregation.

Sadly, there are churches who don't do this and they put the pastor on the pedestal and allow alot of bad things to go on but it is NOT the norm.

idk if i would agree that getting rich from the church isnt a norm...i mean there is SOOOO much corruption within religions today and THAT is why ppl hate religion...and not just God...its sad that some can ruin a wonderful thing for masses because of the corruption and inconsistencies...thats why i think its so important to find TRUTH and not just "religion"
  • zaithyr
    Options
    I really dislike children. Their voices are like nails on a blackboard to me. I don't like how they are always running, screeching, snotting, and getting filthy.

I think too many people ruin their lives by having kids that they should have known better than to have. I find it hard to feel sorry for them though, because these are the people who like to look down on me and tell me I lead an empty life because I don't want kids. They turn their wrath to me because it's kind of a social taboo to dislike the children you've already had and it might feel icky to say, "Gee, why didn't I think this through?"

Yeah, I often don't like other people's kids. Any time I hear those parents blathering about having "the world's best daughter" or "my perfect little angel" I want to ask them if they've actually met their kid. I think those people are just trying to convince themselves.

I used to think that when I'd see people's screaming bratty children but then I had my daughter and it turned out she had autism and I learned really quick what sensory overload and a meltdown looks like (lots of crying and wailing and general craziness!) I'm way less judgmental than I used to be because now I know what it's like to be in the other parents' shoes. So when I see I kid melting down, I don't automatically assume they're a brat because who knows? They might have issues like my daughter and their parent is simply doing the best they can.
  • ElBo58
    ElBo58 Posts: 44
    Options
    I really dislike children. Their voices are like nails on a blackboard to me. I don't like how they are always running, screeching, snotting, and getting filthy.

I think too many people ruin their lives by having kids that they should have known better than to have. I find it hard to feel sorry for them though, because these are the people who like to look down on me and tell me I lead an empty life because I don't want kids. They turn their wrath to me because it's kind of a social taboo to dislike the children you've already had and it might feel icky to say, "Gee, why didn't I think this through?"

Yeah, I often don't like other people's kids. Any time I hear those parents blathering about having "the world's best daughter" or "my perfect little angel" I want to ask them if they've actually met their kid. I think those people are just trying to convince themselves.

I used to think that when I'd see people's screaming bratty children but then I had my daughter and it turned out she had autism and I learned really quick what sensory overload and a meltdown looks like (lots of crying and wailing and general craziness!) I'm way less judgmental than I used to be because now I know what it's like to be in the other parents' shoes. So when I see I kid melting down, I don't automatically assume they're a brat because who knows? They might have issues like my daughter and their parent is simply doing the best they can.

Oh yeah, I"m not talking about tantrums and such. I know that kids act a fool in public sometimes. No, I'm talking about kids of people that I actually know. Some kids are just obnoxious.
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My unpopular opinion:

People should just STFU about religion already. Enough religious butthurt. I mean...come on. Who cares anymore?

^^^ oh, so THIS ! ^^^
  • zaithyr
    Options

Oh yeah, I"m not talking about tantrums and such. I know that kids act a fool in public sometimes. No, I'm talking about kids of people that I actually know. Some kids are just obnoxious.

I agree- I have met some genuinely obnoxious kids. I have a friend who has a daughter the same age as mine. Little girl is smart as a whip. And she's also likes to hit and pick on my kid whenever they're around. Needless to say I avoid them now lol
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i dont believe in organized religion
    animal products are not necessary to live(im vegan)
    i dont like any holiday or celebrate any holiday except halloween
    marijuana should be legalized
    i think red heads are hot(maybe because i am one)
    i dont believe spoiling your kid and making them think they are perfect is ok
    somebody sometime will make sure they know they are not later in life
    i dont ever want to live in california(dont tell hubby that, he thinks he will get there one day. haha)

and also every female starting from 14 should be on birth control(but male/female still be taught sex ed to wrap it up) so they dont end up on maury
  • ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I was in the grocery store sometime last year and heard a kid cursing @ his mother on the next aisle over.

I walked around the corner and this kid about 8 yrs old was just screaming @ his mom for not buying something he wanted.

So, in case you haven't figured out yet.......I'm kind of brassy.....I stopped by buggy right by that kid and his mom and looked him right in the eyes and said, " If you were my son I would whip the fire out of you right here in this store. Don't let me hear you talk to your momma like that again........I mean it"

The mother just looked at me and she was on the verge of tears and I felt so bad for her. The kid....shut up and got under the basket and pouted. Some folks have out of control kids.......lots of different reasons why though. Sometimes it just takes them reminding that kid who is in charge.

:happy:
  • christynek
    christynek Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I don't like muffins....I just don't understand why they are popular.
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    I was in the grocery store sometime last year and heard a kid cursing @ his mother on the next aisle over.

I walked around the corner and this kid about 8 yrs old was just screaming @ his mom for not buying something he wanted.

So, in case you haven't figured out yet.......I'm kind of brassy.....I stopped by buggy right by that kid and his mom and looked him right in the eyes and said, " If you were my son I would whip the fire out of you right here in this store. Don't let me hear you talk to your momma like that again........I mean it"

The mother just looked at me and she was on the verge of tears and I felt so bad for her. The kid....shut up and got under the basket and pouted. Some folks have out of control kids.......lots of different reasons why though. Sometimes it just takes them reminding that kid who is in charge.

:happy:

NICELY DONE! would have loved to see that...

i agree ppl and their rowdy kids are ridiculous...i mean if ur kid has a mental disability or some other reason for being crazy then ok...but if your just a bad parent who cant train your children...

just reminds me of an earlier post- ppl should have to take a test to have kids...they'll let anyone have kids but you have to take tests to do EVERYTHING else!...crazy world we live in
  • sweetie89207
    Options

i gotta know...why only halloween and not the others?
  • cheshirequeen
    Options
    also you should be feared by your children. i have friends, i didnt give birth so i could have one. you are there parent not their friend. my mom said move out of my house and you can then be my friend, but im still your mother. im still afraid of her haha.
  • cheshirequeen
    Options

i think most are just excuses to either drink alcohol, see family you end up fighting with, greedy because of wanting presents and see who can outdo the other to prove they love somebody more, and if i want to prove my love to hubby, i dont have to wait until february 14th to do it:laugh:
  • ILoveJesus72
    Options
    also you should be feared by your children. i have friends, i didnt give birth so i could have one. you are there parent not their friend. my mom said move out of my house and you can then be my friend, but im still your mother. im still afraid of her haha.

This i truly love :heart: :heart: :heart:

That is definately a huge factor, in my humble and extraordinary opinion, in why kids do not respect their parents. There isn't alot that gets under my skin like seeing a child/teen be cruel and utterly disrespectful to their parents and the parents just cower down and say nothing!!! Really??!!! Oh lordy, sweet baby Jesus, it ain't going down like that at my house.....that much I can tell ya! LOL
  • ElBo58
    ElBo58 Posts: 44
    Options

That is definately a huge factor, in my humble and extraordinary opinion, in why kids do not respect their parents. There isn't alot that gets under my skin like seeing a child/teen be cruel and utterly disrespectful to their parents and the parents just cower down and say nothing!!! Really??!!! Oh lordy, sweet baby Jesus, it ain't going down like that at my house.....that much I can tell ya! LOL

As a kid and a teenager, I didn't fear danger or legal consequences for anything I could do, but I DID fear my grandmother (who raised me) and her reaction if I were to get into trouble. Fear of her is what kept me from sneaking out, drinking, drugs, etc. No other consequences could compare to getting her really mad at me. I hope to instill that in my kids:D
  • ILoveJesus72
    Options

Soooooo I'm just taking a wild guess here that you wouldn't be interested in helping me out in children's ministry @ my church? LOL about 15-20 kids from ages 4 til 5th grade!! All wanting a snack, yelling, running around, screaming......no? U sure? :bigsmile:
  • ipelly
    ipelly Posts: 2
    Options
    I agree, I love going to the dentist more that going to the hairdressers.
  • ILoveJesus72
    Options

As a kid and a teenager, I didn't fear danger or legal consequences for anything I could do, but I DID fear my grandmother (who raised me) and her reaction if I were to get into trouble. Fear of her is what kept me from sneaking out, drinking, drugs, etc. No other consequences could compare to getting her really mad at me. I hope to instill that in my kids:D

:) Me too sista! Hopefully I've instilled that in my two grown sons, just setting out in the world. Fingers crossed
  • sweetie89207
    Options

i think most are just excuses to either drink alcohol, see family you end up fighting with, greedy because of wanting presents and see who can outdo the other to prove they love somebody more, and if i want to prove my love to hubby, i dont have to wait until february 14th to do it:laugh:

alright well i can roll with that...i dont celebrate any holidays...but for other reasons- but it was interesting to hear your outlook- i especially commend you for not letting the world of holidays and their ability to make ppl spend UNGODLY amounts of money on ppl they dont even like...thats nice to see someone-- anyone--- not following the crowd "just because"
  • ILoveJesus72
    Options
    I agree, I love going to the dentist more that going to the hairdressers.

Me too! I haven't cut my hair in about 3 years because not once in my 40 years....NOT ONCE....has a hair dresser cut my hair correctly. Apparenlty curly hair is just too complicated to get right!

I'd rather have a root canal than walk out of a salon looking like I have a red afro on my head.:huh: