My Unpopular Opinion

Options

Replies

• trulycrazed
    trulycrazed Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I believe abortion and god are over debated.
    Jello is disgusting
    AND
    Euthanasia should be legal
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I don't like pie.

Also, all the people arguing on this thread are gonna' get it locked.

I need more info LOL

Chocolate? Peace? Strawberry? Buttermilk? Sweet tater? Pumpkin? Coconut? Lemon?

No pies at all??:cry:

Nope. I would eat the chocolate filling, strawberry filling, pumpkin filling, but the crust is such a waste of my time and taste buds. Just make something else.
  • ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    WHAT the FLIP is up with Nikki Minaj???? Is she mentally ill? What is wrong with her? Why does she sound so horrific and why is she famous?

I forgot about her! Yeah!! Why is she famous?
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I an American and not necessarily "proud" of that fact (bring it! I can take it!)
    To go with that, I do not believe we are the "best" country in the world.

I think brown hair is boring and plain. I was a bit disspointed when my son came out brunette (I am over it now though ).

Marijuana should be legal (I am not a smoker though because it's not)

I am not really patriotic at all. I don't understand the whole being proud of your country thing, because what exactly are we being proud of? I'm not bashing it, I am literally asking what people are so proud of when they are being all patriotic. If anything, I am proud of the state I am from because it is beautiful.
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I got a question. I'm not particularly religious but why is it ok to bash something that might be the only thing that's keeping someone going? It's not hurting them if they believe, it's HELPING them, whether its real or not. If you don't believe, GOOD FOR YOU...why is it necessary to bash people that do? I've never understood that. I've never understood the whole Atheism thing. If you don't believe in God...just don't. Why is there a label for it? I don't believe in Buddha but I don't go around posting graphics poking fun at people who do or getting mad at a Buddhist person for talking about it. I read a quote the other day that makes a good point.

Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God.
    -Haywood Broun

If you don't believe in it...why are you talking about it? Why are you offended when someone tells you you're going to hell if you don't believe in it? When I was in first grade some kid told me that I wasn't going to get any presents because I didn't believe in Santa Claus. Did I get mad? No, because I knew I was getting presents. Did I tell him he was dumb for believing in Santa Claus? No, because if that made him happy, who cares, it doesn't hurt me. On Christmas day BOTH of us got presents. Neither of us were harmed in the process...It's sad that I had more sense as a 6 year old than some of the so called adults in the world.
    My only problems with religion are when people try to condemn me, preach at me, or treat me like I'm ignorant about life for not believing as they do and when people try to pass laws that affect everyone based on their religious views. If you (general) are happy with your religion then I am honestly very happy for you. But don't treat me like I'm missing something important in my life because I don't believe as you do and don't try to pass laws based on nothing more than your religious opinions. If you (again, general and not the specific person I'm quoting) wouldn't want to live under Sharia law or under the rules of FLDS or some other religion then why do you think it's OK to try to make others live under the laws of your religion?
  • ILoveJesus72
    Options
    I don't like pie.

I need more info LOL

Nope. I would eat the chocolate filling, strawberry filling, pumpkin filling, but the crust is such a waste of my time and taste buds. Just make something else.

Hmmm, I gotta ask.........are you SURE, I mean 100% SURE, you've had really good crust?
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    My unpopular opinion is that if you have a belief/religious ideology, you should keep it to yourself because preaching to people who don't want to hear it, isn't going to make God listen to you any more than he is now.

also, I'm religious. So I don't need the backlash.

The reason people "Preach" their faith is because the bible says to go out and teach all the world. We are suppose to do that, it's your choice to not listen, but I do not wish to stand in front of God and be asked why I didn't preach his word when he convicted my heart to do so. This can go another way, how about if people don't want to be preached at, have some respect for those who do believe and stop trying to push that he isn't real on everyone? No one came in here preaching till someone had to bring faith and christian bashing in it. God is a touchy subject, have you ever wondered why? Why if God is not real do people try so hard to force others to not believe in him? Why is it so meaningful for someone who has no beliefs to talk people out of believing in God? They don't make that big of a deal out of Santa clause or the Easter bunny, so if God is not real, why in the world do people want so badly to turn others from him?

I would like to refer you to Matthew 6:5

And it's quoted : Matt 6:5
    5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

you need to get it in perspective before you quote my Lord's Word. This is referring to those who want attention for preaching. Not for those who earnestly are preaching for God.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    New york sucks

So does New Jersey

Pizza is and has always been disgusting

Bagels too

and Ice cream, cheese and any form of dairy. Just picture your mouth suckling a cows udder. That's what I do. eck

Technology has done more harm than good.

I miss life before Cellphones, Youtube, Facebook, etc. life was just better then.

Texted is NOT a word. No matter how many different ways you try to convince me that it is. English language 101. ftw.

Reality TV is ruining scripted television. Television is for escapism, not to watch people prance around like imbeciles.
  • fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options
    WHAT the FLIP is up with Nikki Minaj???? Is she mentally ill? What is wrong with her? Why does she sound so horrific and why is she famous?

giant fake *kitten*, fake boobs, catch jingle ?
    Shes sorta like the supersize with extra sugar of the music world
    the fake *kitten* is kinda creepy though, what happens when she hits 80?
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    I hate Kristen Stewart and the stupid way she moves her mouth.

The Transformers movies were terrible, along with anything else done by Michael bay.

The Beatles weren't that good...I know, I clearly don't have good taste in music.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I don't like pie.

I need more info LOL

Hmmm, I gotta ask.........are you SURE, I mean 100% SURE, you've had really good crust?

Yup. I've had everybody and their grandmother's crust. I finally just stopped eating it.
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My unpopular opinion is that if you have a belief/religious ideology, you should keep it to yourself because preaching to people who don't want to hear it, isn't going to make God listen to you any more than he is now.

also, I'm religious. So I don't need the backlash.

The reason people "Preach" their faith is because the bible says to go out and teach all the world. We are suppose to do that, it's your choice to not listen, but I do not wish to stand in front of God and be asked why I didn't preach his word when he convicted my heart to do so. This can go another way, how about if people don't want to be preached at, have some respect for those who do believe and stop trying to push that he isn't real on everyone? No one came in here preaching till someone had to bring faith and christian bashing in it. God is a touchy subject, have you ever wondered why? Why if God is not real do people try so hard to force others to not believe in him? Why is it so meaningful for someone who has no beliefs to talk people out of believing in God? They don't make that big of a deal out of Santa clause or the Easter bunny, so if God is not real, why in the world do people want so badly to turn others from him?

I would like to refer you to Matthew 6:5

Matthew 6:5 is not refering to sharing the Gospel of Christ. It is solely about certain aspects of prayer. Different topic.

Honestly, the reason people are so against God is maybe because religion has been one of the single most traumatic ideologies to ever hit plant earth. Wars, suicides, murder, crusades. My point was, we should leave it alone and bring it up with people who want to talk about it. Let religion go to a thread about religion, not an unpopular belief thread.

If you think about it the talk of religion definately belongs in a thread of unpopular opinions as shown just by reading this thread. Everyone makes their choices. We all live with our own. It should be just as accetable to talk about Christ as it is to talk about Muhammed, or some athiest scholar but it's not because when a Christian speaks out about their beliefs its all hands on deck and weapons drawn against them.

It's harmless typed words on a message board floating around out in outer space......me saying that Jesus Christ is Lord and the only way to Heaven shouldn't offend anyone really.....but I'm ok with it being an unpopular "opinion" just like I'm perfectly ok with you not believing.

Not once did I say I didn't believe. In fact I very clearly state I am religious, I just don't need to shove it down all these good peoples throats.

If me standing up for what I believe in is shoving it down people's throats maybe you need to go back and re-read what I have said and where it all started. Having atheist come in and right off the bat cut down something I do believe in very much so, it's one of them things that I can't just sit there and not say nothing. This is why God should not have even been brought to this thread, but a Christian didn't even bring it up. Go figure! I have plenty of Atheist friends and they are very respectful toward me and my beliefs and I am of theirs as well.

Hey, there are people on here bagging on Harry Potter and the Hunger Games - I love them to pieces, but I haven't felt the need to post angry self-righteous rebuttals to their personal opinions.
  • caitles14
    caitles14 Posts: 89
    Options
    Fruit in a salad is disgusting. Mandarin oranges and pears touching my lettuce makes me want to puke... (but fruit and salad are both delicious on their own!)

I REALLY despise Pit Bull (the singer). Why does he have 15 songs on the radio at all times? He sucks.
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Vaccinations are wrong and potentially threatening to health-more threatening than the diseases they supposedly protect against. Vaccinations, like pharmeceuticals, are about big billiondollar business, not about helping/protecting anyone.

Sports, and sports stars, are ridiculous. Just the sound of a game on TV makes me sleepy. Sport stars are WAY overpaid for what they do and made into heros because they can kick/run/throw a ball better than most. How about putting an actual hero on a pedestal, like someone who deserves it?

I let my daughter watch as much TV as she wants (she is seven). Invariably, she loses interest long before two hours (the recommended maximum) because I don't make it an off-limits thing for most of the day.

* I agree, pineapple on pizza is gross! On its own, it's wonderful. I don't think it should be cooked either.
    * With the thing about blones and brunettes, I will just say this: Blondes do not age as well as brunettes. Generally, I think the darker the complexion/colouring, the better the person ages.
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options

I've spent many hours trying to figure this out myself. Her voice is very irritating, plus she just looks and sounds effed up.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I got a question. I'm not particularly religious but why is it ok to bash something that might be the only thing that's keeping someone going? It's not hurting them if they believe, it's HELPING them, whether its real or not. If you don't believe, GOOD FOR YOU...why is it necessary to bash people that do? I've never understood that. I've never understood the whole Atheism thing. If you don't believe in God...just don't. Why is there a label for it? I don't believe in Buddha but I don't go around posting graphics poking fun at people who do or getting mad at a Buddhist person for talking about it. I read a quote the other day that makes a good point.

Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God.
    -Haywood Broun

If you don't believe in it...why are you talking about it? Why are you offended when someone tells you you're going to hell if you don't believe in it? When I was in first grade some kid told me that I wasn't going to get any presents because I didn't believe in Santa Claus. Did I get mad? No, because I knew I was getting presents. Did I tell him he was dumb for believing in Santa Claus? No, because if that made him happy, who cares, it doesn't hurt me. On Christmas day BOTH of us got presents. Neither of us were harmed in the process...It's sad that I had more sense as a 6 year old than some of the so called adults in the world.
    My only problems with religion are when people try to condemn me, preach at me, or treat me like I'm ignorant about life for not believing as they do and when people try to pass laws that affect everyone based on their religious views. If you (general) are happy with your religion then I am honestly very happy for you. But don't treat me like I'm missing something important in my life because I don't believe as you do and don't try to pass laws based on nothing more than your religious opinions. If you (again, general and not the specific person I'm quoting) wouldn't want to live under Sharia law or under the rules of FLDS or some other religion then why do you think it's OK to try to make others live under the laws of your religion?

Right on. If we're going to start passing laws based on religious views we might as well go way back in time when the Church ruled everything.
  • builtforlife
    builtforlife Posts: 259
    Options
    The View, The Chew, The Talk and The Revolution all suck. Who watches that crap.

Totally agree.
  • SinuousNihilist
    Options

THANK YOU!
  • ILoveJesus72
    Options
    I don't like pie.

I need more info LOL

Yup. I've had everybody and their grandmother's crust. I finally just stopped eating it.

<sniff> I just want to hug you and tell you everything is going to be alright. And feed you lots of PIE!! LoL
  • jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options

How about Paris Hilton? She is only famous because her father owns a freaking hotel ... she has NO TALENT WHATSOEVER.