My Unpopular Opinion

Options

Replies

• ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My unpopular opinion is that if you have a belief/religious ideology, you should keep it to yourself because preaching to people who don't want to hear it, isn't going to make God listen to you any more than he is now.

also, I'm religious. So I don't need the backlash.

The reason people "Preach" their faith is because the bible says to go out and teach all the world. We are suppose to do that, it's your choice to not listen, but I do not wish to stand in front of God and be asked why I didn't preach his word when he convicted my heart to do so. This can go another way, how about if people don't want to be preached at, have some respect for those who do believe and stop trying to push that he isn't real on everyone? No one came in here preaching till someone had to bring faith and christian bashing in it. God is a touchy subject, have you ever wondered why? Why if God is not real do people try so hard to force others to not believe in him? Why is it so meaningful for someone who has no beliefs to talk people out of believing in God? They don't make that big of a deal out of Santa clause or the Easter bunny, so if God is not real, why in the world do people want so badly to turn others from him?

I would like to refer you to Matthew 6:5

Matthew 6:5 is not refering to sharing the Gospel of Christ. It is solely about certain aspects of prayer. Different topic.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options

Because this is how it always starts. People are going to start getting ugly very soon. I'm just sitting here waiting for it because I have no life and watching strangers argue on the internet is entertaining.

LOL

They should make a reality tv show of it. Viewing real time reactions of people to threads like this. I can imagine the faces contorted in rage, and the use of many swear words.

And the snorts of laughter! Thats my gold!
  • fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options
    I am weak that's why I lean on God :) He gives me strength, and if that is weak, then hey at least I know I won't fry in hell.

I won't either, because it's a made-up place :)

:) lets hope so for your sake, but hey if it's a made up place then I don't have nothing to worry about either, but if not if it is real, then what? You DON'T KNOW that, you just have faith it's not real.

this is the problem with teaching it to kids as everyone points out.
    If god is real He loves everyone. No matter what you do in this life
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I don't like pie.

I refuse to believe there are people who don't like pie.

I don't really like pie.
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    My unpopular opinion is that if you have a belief/religious ideology, you should keep it to yourself because preaching to people who don't want to hear it, isn't going to make God listen to you any more than he is now.

The reason people "Preach" their faith is because the bible says to go out and teach all the world. We are suppose to do that, it's your choice to not listen, but I do not wish to stand in front of God and be asked why I didn't preach his word when he convicted my heart to do so. This can go another way, how about if people don't want to be preached at, have some respect for those who do believe and stop trying to push that he isn't real on everyone? No one came in here preaching till someone had to bring faith and christian bashing in it. God is a touchy subject, have you ever wondered why? Why if God is not real do people try so hard to force others to not believe in him? Why is it so meaningful for someone who has no beliefs to talk people out of believing in God? They don't make that big of a deal out of Santa clause or the Easter bunny, so if God is not real, why in the world do people want so badly to turn others from him?

Matthew 6:5 is not refering to sharing the Gospel of Christ. It is solely about certain aspects of prayer. Different topic.

Honestly, the reason people are so against God is maybe because religion has been one of the single most traumatic ideologies to ever hit plant earth. Wars, suicides, murder, crusades. My point was, we should leave it alone and bring it up with people who want to talk about it. Let religion go to a thread about religion, not an unpopular belief thread.
  • lcpurser
    lcpurser Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I an American and not necessarily "proud" of that fact (bring it! I can take it!)
    To go with that, I do not believe we are the "best" country in the world.

I think brown hair is boring and plain. I was a bit disspointed when my son came out brunette (I am over it now though ).

Marijuana should be legal (I am not a smoker though because it's not)
  • Dlopez678
    Dlopez678 Posts: 97
    Options
    I can't stand Jillian Michaels

I don't like Silk

I like Sprite Zero

Question: By Silk, do you mean the band that sang "Freak Me" or the material? The capital 'S' confused me! :laugh:

I bet they meant the drink.
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    ok..you guys are gonna hate me for this

I want to kill my television

what's up with the way some young girls dress today?

i don't like Oprah

I hate Oprah! She's so full of herself!

lets all follow Oprah!.......... NOT

I like the murder mystery shows that are on the OWN channel, but when a commercial comes on and it's her yelling, the channel goes 'poof'. She freaking drives me.
  • xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    My input..

Twilight is the most over-hyped crap, and if you like it, I think less of you.

I have the most random sense of humor, but Big Bang Theory does not make me laugh.. At all. :\

If you want to live in this country, learn to speak English.

Also, while I love being a Ginger.. I don't like male gingers, and I'm worried that a future son will inherit it. :(

I agree with everything and even had to laugh at your worry about a future son. You should just have one and see how it gooes lol. Regardless you have to love him :P
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    swimming is not fun. I don't understand why everyone wants to go swimming all the damn time.
  • Dlopez678
    Dlopez678 Posts: 97
    Options
    I an American and not necessarily "proud" of that fact (bring it! I can take it!)
    To go with that, I do not believe we are the "best" country in the world.

I think brown hair is boring and plain. I was a bit disspointed when my son came out brunette (I am over it now though ).

Marijuana should be legal (I am not a smoker though because it's not)

Then you should go ahead and move to which ever country you feel is better.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I am weak that's why I lean on God :) He gives me strength, and if that is weak, then hey at least I know I won't fry in hell.

I won't either, because it's a made-up place :)

:) lets hope so for your sake, but hey if it's a made up place then I don't have nothing to worry about either, but if not if it is real, then what? You DON'T KNOW that, you just have faith it's not real.

You're absolutely right, I don't know for sure. But I feel confident enough that I'll take my chances. :)

Hope that works out for ya. I'm not one that will push my beliefs on you, because I do feel that only God himself can convict your heart, but when opportunity arises, and I see a chance to talk about it, I will. You are apparently set in your ways. I will just pray that something changes your heart before it's too late. Just remember though, you have free will to believe that way, as I do I to believe the way I believe. Your opinion is not unpopular and that is sad IMO...
  • jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    Coffee is gross
    I hate anything written by Shakespeare
    I don't want kids
    I love love love chocolate and peanut butter but I don't like Reese's Cups
    South Park sucks. The Simpsons sucks too. Family Guy is watchable, but barely
    I think Hillary Clinton would have made a good president
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Harry Potter sucks.
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options

Because this is how it always starts. People are going to start getting ugly very soon. I'm just sitting here waiting for it because I have no life and watching strangers argue on the internet is entertaining.

LOL

They should make a reality tv show of it. Viewing real time reactions of people to threads like this. I can imagine the faces contorted in rage, and the use of many swear words.

And the snorts of laughter! Thats my gold!

It's definitely snorts of laughter rather than contorted rage face on this end
  • SinuousNihilist
    Options
    AND ANOTHER THING.

You can be an atheist like me and not be a *kitten* about people choosing to be religious or preach their religion. Just sayin. I have plenty of Christian friends and we can get along without sharing the same views of where we go when we die. Focus on the here an now because we're in this together.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

Honestly, the reason people are so against God is maybe because religion has been one of the single most traumatic ideologies to ever hit plant earth. Wars, suicides, murder, crusades. My point was, we should leave it alone and bring it up with people who want to talk about it. Let religion go to a thread about religion, not an unpopular belief thread.

That's the problem everyone is fighting over religion, religion is a man made thing. I'm not a religious person, but I am a Christian. I do not worship a religion I worship the GOD.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Hope that works out for ya. I'm not one that will push my beliefs on you, because I do feel that only God himself can convict your heart, but when opportunity arises, and I see a chance to talk about it, I will. You are apparently set in your ways. I will just pray that something changes your heart before it's too late. Just remember though, you have free will to believe that way, as I do I to believe the way I believe. Your opinion is not unpopular and that is sad IMO...

While we're on the subject of unpopular opinions and prayer, I find prayer to be a waste of time. All these religious people want to "pray for me", "pray for peace", "pray for the Jets to win the Superbowl" and it gives people the feeling of accomplishment without actually requiring them to actually do anything.

Don't bother praying for me - use the energy to actually help people who need it.
  • ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

If you think about it the talk of religion definately belongs in a thread of unpopular opinions as shown just by reading this thread. Everyone makes their choices. We all live with our own. It should be just as accetable to talk about Christ as it is to talk about Muhammed, or some athiest scholar but it's not because when a Christian speaks out about their beliefs its all hands on deck and weapons drawn against them.

It's harmless typed words on a message board floating around out in outer space......me saying that Jesus Christ is Lord and the only way to Heaven shouldn't offend anyone really.....but I'm ok with it being an unpopular "opinion" just like I'm perfectly ok with you not believing.
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    swimming is not fun. I don't understand why everyone wants to go swimming all the damn time.
    Why do they? I like it okay, but its not the best thing ever! lol