My Unpopular Opinion

Options

Replies

• fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options
    "Faith" is for the weak.
    Public appearance isn't everything - I will walk around in my PJs if it's 8 o'clock at night and I need something from the supermarket.
    Twilight is the poorest excuse for literature I have ever had the misfortune to read.
    Gaming isn't just for boys.
    Hitting back and standing up for yourself may sometimes be the right answer.
    #####################################################################################################
    If "Faith is for the weak," as you said, then if you ever get into an accident, or have a fatal disease, like most cancers, then you might as well fill out your WILL, NOW.

Because, people only have operations because they have FAITH that the operation can curse the problem.
    You know what else can cure the problem? PRAYING TO JESUS!!!!
    It is called faith healing. I have witnessed it with my own eyes, and felt it in my own body.

But, you faithless person, I will PRAY for YOU, that no misfortune falls in your path.

I have operations because I know that technology has come that far that the operation will work. God has nothing to do with it.

I think this persons needs to see the uk documentry on faith healing. It was really godd he showed you the tricks the faith healing use to trick people. then he trained a random actor to do it and he did it no problem.

Believe what ever you want but just remember when they end the healing with now god needs money you should walk away.
  • Mubb
    Mubb Posts: 90
    Options
    Red arrows are for idiots that don't know when to turn.
    Lady GaGa is a man
    I think most cops are some of the biggest pu$$ies in the world
    All the college educated people I have met in my life are just plain stupid.
    And the people that are over 3 and believe in God, shouldn't be able to vote.
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    My unpopular opinion is that if you have a belief/religious ideology, you should keep it to yourself because preaching to people who don't want to hear it, isn't going to make God listen to you any more than he is now.

also, I'm religious. So I don't need the backlash.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I think Gandi was the smartest person who ever lived.

It amazes me to find an intelligent person who fights against something which he does not believe exists.
    - Gandhi
  • ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Is it odd that I'm more fearful to admit that I love pineapple on my pizza on this thread than admit I love Jesus!!!!! :smooched:
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

Lady GaGa has no talent.
    Apple products are for people who can't operate Android and Windows.

FOR REAL about Lady Gaga. Has no one heard of David Bowie? Cher? Madonna? Marilyn Manson? Yawn. Wake me when Lady Gaga does something interesting and/or original.

Also, I totally agree with you about Apple products. Which is exactly why I use them! :P

Another unpopular opinion - Skinny is way more beautiful and elegant than curvy or muscular.

Um seriously about lady gaga!
    Has anyone ever seen the movie "Party Monster"
    You will see where quite a few of her outfits were inspired from. Meat dress being one example.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I don't like pie.

Also, all the people arguing on this thread are gonna' get it locked.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    sweeping generalizations (except this one) suck.
    movies, music, art, and the like are subjective and one person's garbage is another person's gold.
    the most vocal christians I know are selfish and judgmental.
    most atheists I know are kind and generous.
    right wing radio makes me throw up in my mouth.

I think I love you.
  • fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options
    I don't like pie.

Noone is arguing just offering logical backup for the view. Im not sure why that would get a thread locked
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I don't like pie.

I refuse to believe there are people who don't like pie.
  • ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I don't like pie.

I need more info LOL

Chocolate? Peace? Strawberry? Buttermilk? Sweet tater? Pumpkin? Coconut? Lemon?

No pies at all??:cry:
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    My input..

Twilight is the most over-hyped crap, and if you like it, I think less of you.

I have the most random sense of humor, but Big Bang Theory does not make me laugh.. At all. :\

If you want to live in this country, learn to speak English.

Also, while I love being a Ginger.. I don't like male gingers, and I'm worried that a future son will inherit it. :(
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I don't like pie.

Noone is arguing just offering logical backup for the view. Im not sure why that would get a thread locked

Because this is how it always starts. People are going to start getting ugly very soon. I'm just sitting here waiting for it because I have no life and watching strangers argue on the internet is entertaining.
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    "Faith" is for the weak.
    Public appearance isn't everything - I will walk around in my PJs if it's 8 o'clock at night and I need something from the supermarket.
    Twilight is the poorest excuse for literature I have ever had the misfortune to read.
    Gaming isn't just for boys.
    Hitting back and standing up for yourself may sometimes be the right answer.
    #####################################################################################################
    If "Faith is for the weak," as you said, then if you ever get into an accident, or have a fatal disease, like most cancers, then you might as well fill out your WILL, NOW.

Because, people only have operations because they have FAITH that the operation can curse the problem.
    You know what else can cure the problem? PRAYING TO JESUS!!!!
    It is called faith healing. I have witnessed it with my own eyes, and felt it in my own body.

But, you faithless person, I will PRAY for YOU, that no misfortune falls in your path.

Well said! Also if you sit in your computer chair every day to log into MFP or whatever else you do on it, You sit without thinking about it, right? That's faith :)... You have faith when you sit in that chair that it's not going to fall out from under you, you have faith it's going to hold you and not break on you. So to say faith is for the weak is a dumb thing to say. Everyone has faith, faith is not something you see, it's something you do and don't even think twice about it.

Definition of faith: strong belief based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

I sit on a chair assuming that it's not going to fall out from underneath me because:
    a) I've either seen someone else sit in the chair before me, or I've sat in similar chairs, and not had them collapse
    b) I know chairs are engineered to be sat in without falling to pieces; I will assume that the chairs in my house/school/workplace have been engineered properly, else they probably wouldn't have been sold/bought.

Believing in something with lack of proof is weak, in my opinion, because I think you're simply believing what you want to believe.

As for what might happen if I get caught with a potentially fatal illness or injury - I will HOPE that the doctors can do something about it, but I won't have "faith" that I will definitely be saved.
  • theladyy
    theladyy Posts: 176
    Options
    Big, hairy caveman type men are WAY hotter than hairless, groomed metrosexuals. :)

AGREED!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    My unpopular opinion is that if you have a belief/religious ideology, you should keep it to yourself because preaching to people who don't want to hear it, isn't going to make God listen to you any more than he is now.

also, I'm religious. So I don't need the backlash.

The reason people "Preach" their faith is because the bible says to go out and teach all the world. We are suppose to do that, it's your choice to not listen, but I do not wish to stand in front of God and be asked why I didn't preach his word when he convicted my heart to do so. This can go another way, how about if people don't want to be preached at, have some respect for those who do believe and stop trying to push that he isn't real on everyone? No one came in here preaching till someone had to bring faith and christian bashing in it. God is a touchy subject, have you ever wondered why? Why if God is not real do people try so hard to force others to not believe in him? Why is it so meaningful for someone who has no beliefs to talk people out of believing in God? They don't make that big of a deal out of Santa clause or the Easter bunny, so if God is not real, why in the world do people want so badly to turn others from him?
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I don't like pie.

I need more info LOL

Chocolate? Peace? Strawberry? Buttermilk? Sweet tater? Pumpkin? Coconut? Lemon?

No pies at all??:cry:

I know right? No pie?
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    People who are against the legalization of marijuana have just never tried it.
    best quote ive ever seen

I've never tried it, but I am for it! Not any worse than cigarettes. If somebody gets high and does something dangerous they should be punished for what they did, just like people who drink alcohol.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I don't like pie.

I refuse to believe there are people who don't like pie.
    I don't like cake and only certain kinds of pie.

Oh crap, we're multiplying!
  • fsmalley
    fsmalley Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    TV Sucks.
    Boobs are wonderful.
    Gingers scare the hell out of me.
    I could live on corn on the cob.

As we should :devil:

Arrghh! Ginger!! But wait,,, You're not scary at all. In fact... Hi there :wink: