What some of your best NSV's so far?

Options

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    1. Receiving praises from PTs at our gym for being the strongest woman since I'm the only woman who does pull-ups, dips at a regular bar, push-ups (I mean the real one & not the girly type) & heavy weight lifting. I didn't hire a PT ever & just applied what I learned from the free 2 sessions that I had with a PT before that comes when you just signed up in a gym. But getting praises from them really is something worth more than just losing the weight or body fat percentage especially for someone who is used to be obese & very unfit just three years ago.
    2. My blood pressure is back to normal & I'm now out of meds
    3. Wearing a size 25-26 inch jeans that the last time I had ever worn it was way back when I was 12 years old
    4. I don't get frequent hypoglucemic attacks now :D
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I got to put together a before/after picture like this:

551720_10100870496225475_9401334_53822352_1235339926_n.jpg

Definitely my favorite NSV sofar!

GRR! Too big!

Right click then select "View Image" to see the whole thing.
  • popat89
    popat89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    1. I can run a 8 min mile
    2. running 6.5 miles without stopping at a 10 min 20 sec pace
    3. Going to Vegas for three days and seeking out healthy foods!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    1. I can walk up the super hill down the street without completely dying (walk is 2.5 miles round trip, in the middle there is an 11% incline for about 3/4s of a mile. The rest is rolling hills, around 5% up and down)
    2. I am up to 4 full pushups (up from zero)
    3. I can handle many crazy plank variations
    4. I've cut about 6 minutes off my walk from the grocery store (it is a little less than a mile, uphill the entire way)
    5. I have reclaimed everything in my closet that was too small, it is all mostly too big actually. With the exception of a few things
    6. I can now almost fit into my favorite skirt from college (I am currently around 15 pounds heavier than I was then)
    7. I am almost completely out of the plus-sized stores (I am a little more bottom heavy, so stretchy items fit, non stretch items are more hit and miss around hips and thighs)
    8. My trainer is impressed that I can handle the tough moves
    9. I can leg press more than my current weight for 24+ reps over 3 sets
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    1 - I can jog on the spot (on wii fit free run) for half an hour straight.
    2 - My auntie came into my work one day and said "You've lost weight!" - not like a question, but a statement :happy:
    3 - A few girls from my work I've been looking quite 'trim' recently.
    4 - My work blouses are getting a bit looser - no buttons popping in the middle of my shifts anymore :smile:
    5 - I'm feeling nice tough muscle on the back of my thighs instead of squidgy fat and my calves no longer 'wobble' as much as they used to.
  • vivianahm
    vivianahm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great NSVs!! Congratulations everyone.

My favorite NSV so far: I feel attractive for the first time since I first got pregnant :)
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    These are all amazing and inspiring!
  • mcleodconnor
    Options
    - My butt is bony when I sit down
    - I found my hip bones

c:
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I've had a bunch, but my favorite was when i realized i could make my pecks "dance" lol. soo funny and cool.

Love this! lOL
  • Linscee79
    Linscee79 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm only down 13lbs so it's hard for me to see a difference yet... but, the other day walking across a busy street I got whistled at!! I'm happily married but it still felt great :)
  • afigueroa_pr
    afigueroa_pr Posts: 344
    Options
    Wonderful NSV's for me:

1) I fit small sizes now and kid sizes too.
    2) Blood pressure, cholesterol and triglycerides are all low.
    3) Not ashamed of putting a pair of swim trunks without being self conscious about my belly.
    4) Getting compliments from everyone :laugh:
    5) Ran a couple of 5k's last year.
  • udflyrsfan
    udflyrsfan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    NSV = Non-Scale Victories
  • hebenn01
    hebenn01 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I can see it in my face!
    Stepdad told me I might blow away the other night when we were all taking pictures outside.
    I actually run a little bit! Even though it's maybe only a couple blocks during my long walks...this is huge. I haven't ran since high school!
  • mommy1126
    mommy1126 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Some of my NSV's that I am happiest with -
    1. Got rid of the muffin top from refusing to buy bigger clothes : ).
    2. Someone asked me was I losing weight : ).
    3. Rescued some of my prebaby clothes that I actually like from storage : ). And they fit now : )))))).
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    -in a size 4 for the first time since elementary/middle school
    -bought my first XS dress -- i'm still floored at the fact that i'm in an XS (i was in M/L most of my adult life!)
    -people have been complementing me on getting so "skinny"...which is nice in itself...but my husband always responds to them by saying "she's not skinny...she's strong!" love it!!! :love:
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    All right...I can figure out from context that NSV means good stuff from getting in shape. I cannot for the life of me figure out what it stands for. A vowel anyone?

This may have been answered by now but it means "non scale victory" :)
  • twinmom1993
    Options
    kinda stupid compared to others but i can now wrap my hand around my wrist and touch middle finger to thumb... its a big one to me....
  • WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    Options
    1. reached 22% body fat
    2. my old work pants ( that were tight on me two years ago) are now loose on me.
    3. i can run a 10-11 minute mile ( working on cutting it down to a 9).
    4. I feel healthier/more energy/stanima
    5. can do ten real toe pushups without stopping, rest and then continue to crank them out...a month or so ago i couldnt even do one!

the only down side to me losing weight is that i don't have money to replace my clothes...it's getting to be slim pickings!
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
    Fit into some rides at Disney (e.g. Space Mountain) that I couldn't before!
  • Tashia_HH
    Tashia_HH Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Non Scale Victory
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!