Let's define "curvy" because I'm confused

Options

Replies

• siren1974
    siren1974 Posts: 66
    Options
    Like others have said already curvy, to me, means having a defined waist. A figure that goes in and out in all the right places. I'm thinking Beyonce, J Lo, Kelly Brook etc. Not that Gemma woman from TOWIE (never watched it but am aware of the existence).

I'm 36-26-36 curves
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Well I am fat but also curvy. I have big boobs, a defined smaller waist, and big hips. I always will weather I weight what I do now or when I reach my goal. It is how my body is made. I have a friend however who is simply round. No waist defined.
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I think of curvy as any shape where the boobs and/or hips are prominent. Sofia Vegara is a curvy hourglass. JLo is a curvy pear. Sherri Shepherd is top-heavy curvy.

^^This!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Curvy women..

Beyonce

bey.jpg?t=1338301275

Jessica Biel
    jbiel.jpg?t=1338301311
  • chantalb20
    chantalb20 Posts: 132
    Options
    exactly what you said! I have curves, even though i'm not overweight. my measurements are 32-22-32, a technical 'hourglass', and that's defined by my bones, not how much fat is on them!
  • jaimebarth
    jaimebarth Posts: 31
    Options
    I define curvy to mean proportionately larger breasts, hips and butt as compared to the waist. Hourglass shape. I am not curvy from the waist up (very small top) but I have a smaller waist and larger hips and butt. Since my top is smaller I do not consider myself curvy. I'm more of a pear shape. Heavy women without a noticeably smaller waist in relation to their upper and lower bodies are not considered curvy in my opinion. :flowerforyou:
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the above...I have naturally wider hips and bigger boobs and a smaller waist....
    But I have no butt so I guess Im curvy from the front and top heavy from the side???
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    Girls that are 'big and proud' call themselves 'Curvy' ...When they are really just overweight and don't want to lose weight.. =/ That whole subject just gets on my nerves.. when girls want to gain weight because they think some guys like it..... nope.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I don't use curvy to decribe myself anymore, even though I am text book hour glass. Over weight women have taken curvy to describe their bodies. So now curvy means fat

This.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Kim Kardashian = CURVY
    Me = not curvy
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I do think that "curvy" can be used to describe women when we are chunkier.

But, I do think thin women can be curvy too to an extent. For example, I think that I have a "ruler" shape, but because I have a bubble butt, I look curvy in a profile picture. My measurements will say hourglass...but again, that is not because my waist goes in and my hips go out...my hip measurements are what they are because of my bubble butt...not hips.

When I think of a curvy woman, I do think of a woman whose waist does go in by more than 10 inches...not straight up and down, but the waist gets quite a bit smaller than her hips.

For example: 34-24-34 Does not seem or look curvy to me. But, 36-24-36...that woman will look curvier because he waist is a lot smaller than her breasts and hips.
  • valz2000
    valz2000 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have always been curvy even at my largest. When I was in HS my Measurements were 36-24-36 at 5'3'' ( The song "I like big butts" was my theme song) Now after losing over 30 total lbs my measurements are 40-36-48. Still curvy just much larger curves. MY goal is to get back to the old measurements.

I have always felt that curvy was positive term. Given that my Grandma used to tell me that I was curvy like the golden age actresses that she watched on the silver screen. So I will personally always look at being curvy as a good thing. I am also one who will correct round people that curvy means more than one curve not one continuous curve and walk off while they look confused =)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Curvy is a woman with an hourglass figure. Although nowadays it can also be a kind or gentler way to refer to large woman.
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Curvy is about proportions, not size. I'm very curvy, 36-30-39!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Like others have said already curvy, to me, means having a defined waist. A figure that goes in and out in all the right places. I'm thinking Beyonce, J Lo, Kelly Brook etc. Not that Gemma woman from TOWIE (never watched it but am aware of the existence).

I'm 36-26-36 curves

Its definitely the waist hip ratio. two women may both have a 24 inch waist or even a 44 inch waist but if her hips are 27/47 there is no definition. However if her hips are 36/56 then you have a curve = curvy. The hourglass shape and the pear shape are the curviest no matter the weight its all about shape.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Okay, so it doesn't matter if you're a size 0 or size 16 to my understanding. Curvy is pretty much having a defined waist, hips, and breasts. Pretty much having feminine curves in the right places. If you're curvy you won't lose your curves just because you lost weight. You also won't gain new curves just because you put on 50lbs.

That's my understanding of how a curvy women looks. If I'm just confused about it all, maybe someone else can enlighten me

Not in my world.

Curvy is often times used by women who can't admit they're overweight.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Okay, so it doesn't matter if you're a size 0 or size 16 to my understanding. Curvy is pretty much having a defined waist, hips, and breasts. Pretty much having feminine curves in the right places. If you're curvy you won't lose your curves just because you lost weight. You also won't gain new curves just because you put on 50lbs.

That's my understanding of how a curvy women looks. If I'm just confused about it all, maybe someone else can enlighten me

I agree with this. One of my friends gave me crap because I told her I wore a size 0 jeans (in women's, in juniors usually a 1 or 3) and she replied with "But you have a butt. How can you be a size 0?" I am 5'2. That is why I wear a size 0 and have a butt. When people talk dirty about "skinny" people wearing this "forbidden, disgusting" size it's because usually it's a 5'10 model with my same measurements. If you stretched me out another 8 inches, yeah, it'd pretty sad looking - but I can be small and have a butt, thanks.
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    To me curvy means T & A being the most pronounced parts of the female body, simples.
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I've got a curvy bodyshape but I lost it when I got overweight, now losing weight and the quickest thing to go is my waist. Called myself curvy because I used to be but deep down knew I was just plain old fat haha

Now I'm getting my curves back - yey!! 42-34-42 :drinker: Even though I still have a looooong way to go.
  • SingSmileLaugh
    Options

-Proudly Curvy 44-32-44 :smile:

same!!
This discussion has been closed.