What fact makse you feel old?

Options

Replies

• foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    that kids born in this century have no idea what the world was like before the internet and cell phones.
    That and i remember having a Hypercolor t shirt :ohwell:
  • Nigerianebony
    Nigerianebony Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I am not even that old, but this made me feel old. When a group of kids said that the 90s music is considered old school. And they wanted to have a 90s themed party. Wha????
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    My dad just emailed me to let me know that he was just talking to my fifth grade teacher, and she let him know that I was in her very first class, and now, after 19 years, she's switching jobs. I couldn't believe it had been that long....
  • Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    <
    That is my grand-daughter I am holding in my profile pict! My daughter, her mother, is 22!
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    The year I was born, the Berlin wall came down and the Internet went up.
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I remember the Queen's Silver Jubilee! Plus I have O levels too, like a previous poster :-s
    My niece who was a seven year old bridesmaid at our wedding is getting married next year - she's 24!
  • ElBo58
    ElBo58 Posts: 44
    Options
    Sometimes when I tell stories to my kids, I can start them with 'this happened over 20 years ago'.
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    Hearing The Clash and The Ramones as background music in the grocery store.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    People who where born in the 80's can drive :)

Lol, they have been able to for quite some time. Even the latest born in 1989 are 23 now. Maybe you meant mid-90's?
  • biggsexy7
    biggsexy7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The fact the kids have Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and a wii with a butt load of games but they say their bored! Go outside and play in the dirt.
  • recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I was in the storage unit the other day looking for a dry bag. I figured it would be in with my old camping gear. I pulled out my old backpack that I had taken to New Mexico during one of the best trips of my young life. I dumped it onto the floor and picked up the dry bag I was looking for, it had something in it. I pulled out a Nalgene bottle from back when they still had the mountain lion on them. It was yellowed and kinda nasty looking. Then It hit me that this bag had been transferred around from family member to family member, never opened since the last time I used it in 1994!!

The part that actually made me laugh is that as I picked up the bag I knew what other bags, straps and camping utensils were going to be in it 18 years later. It "feels" like I closed the bag and put it into my parents basement just last year...Didn't I??
  • LovinLife68
    Options
    People that I went to HS with are now grandparents.

^^^This
  • kenyajae
    kenyajae Posts: 48
    Options
    The fact that college football players are 1/2 my age.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Seeing teenager's posts on facebook. I still felt I like was posting stuff to my classmates not long ago... then I saw the kinds of things those kids say...
  • JadedSouls
    JadedSouls Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I graduated HS 18yrs ago..
    I have a son turning 16 in August..
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Kids born when I was a sophomore in high school just graduated from high school this year.

In Back to the Future Marty went back 30 years to 1955, if that movie were made today he would go back to the year 1982 :noway:
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    10 year high school reunion is this November..
  • SandiBren
    SandiBren Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was looking for hubby the other day in a store and the cashier said "If you're looking for the ELDERLY man in the beard, he left a few minutes ago." I said okay and left before it hit me.......my man is elderly???? LOL!
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    People born in the 90's are starting to legally drink.
  • HisChild2011
    HisChild2011 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    That my daughter - 11 - and nieces - 14 & 16 - informed me that no one uses my slang anymore! And that I would know that if I wasn't old and unhip! Are you freakin kidding me??? OLD?! I just made it into my 30's - and I am the epitome of hip!