Replies

• jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    great job
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options

On another note.. was Beyonce not the person that made the "master cleanse" so popular?

Exactly. Far as I know, she's not known for living a necessarily healthy and fit lifestyle. Her weight constantly fluctuates and when it goes up she does some extreme dieting. Just like a lot of celebs do and then they are on the cover of magazines with titles saying lose 20 pds in 20 mins. so and so star did. Turn to page 12 and find out how you can too. Um... no thank you!
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    eh, theres actually rumors that she had a surrogate mother.
  • NikkieLite
    NikkieLite Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    She probably gained 60 during her pregnancy. Including baby/extra blood/placenta/retained water. Which all goes away naturally so I would say she probably had 25-30lbs to lose in 5 months. Which isn't that ridiculous.

This exactly. I doubt she had 60 pounds of fat to lose from her pregnancy, she probably gained that all together and lost a lot of it immediately after giving birth. And I'm sure she ate more than lettuce, she's exaggerating or joking. She has so much money I'm sure she had a personal chef to make low calorie meals for her all day long.
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Like most people on here are saying..she has the $ to pay for a personal trainer, a chef, and a nutritionist...she does get paid to perform and be in the public eye.

I will also go out on a limb and say that this is totally doable!!! At my highest weight I was in 186lbs, lost 35lbs in 4 months. All you need is motivation and dedication! :flowerforyou:
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    article from aol.com today...such a load of crap....this is healthy and i highly suggest to everyone who is a new mom (breastfeeding too i think) to try it....there is a TON of sarcasm in my last comment in case you missed it....

Beyonce 60-Pound Weight Loss

Queen B is back! The diva made her highly anticipated comeback on the live stage this past weekend at Revel Beach's Ovation Hall in Atlantic City, NJ, but it wasn't just her booming voice and on-point dance moves that everyone was talking about. The new mom showed off her show-stopping new figure after majorly slimming down since giving birth to her first child, Blue Ivy, back in January. Bey was so proud of her post-pregnancy bod, that she gushed about the weight-loss journey to the audience!

"Y'all have no idea how hard I worked!" Bey told concertgoers during Saturday night's show (May 26). "I had to lose 60 pounds. They had me on that treadmill. I ate lettuce!" Dropping 60 pounds in less than five months must have called for drastic measures, and Bey had some extra motivation from her revealing, two-piece stage costumes made by Ralph & Russo.

"Now tonight I'm gonna get chocolate wasted!" Beyonce went on to tell the crowd, planning her post-diet binge.

Um, I think you're overreacting a bit, obviously she didn't lose her weight by just eating lettuce, I read the whole post and the way I too the quote your're referring to ""Y'all have no idea how hard I worked!" Bey told concertgoers during Saturday night's show (May 26). "I had to lose 60 pounds. They had me on that treadmill. I ate lettuce!" was that she was never a salad person before, and to lose weight she cleaned up her diet i.e. ate lettuce.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Such a role model..lol I'm going to be pissed if my grocery store starts running low on my favorite lettuce because everyone is looking for a quick fix... lol
  • skybird455
    skybird455 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    dude, thats a lot of lettuce.....like a dump truck full a day
  • princessdartany
    princessdartany Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Beyonce is not a "regular" person. She was fitt and in shape prior to her pregnancy and therefore, although I am sure it was difficult, could possibly loose 60lbs in a healthy way in 5 months. I understand your frustation. But if you think about most celebrities who have drastic weight loss over a short amount of time, following pregnancy, they were in "tip top shape" prior too. In my opinion it don't matter how many trainers, cooks, doctors you can afford...will power and discipline can't be bought! You Go Bey!
  • missxjuicy
    missxjuicy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    She only gained maybe 5lbs when carrying that fake belly lol then, lost it when she stopped wearing it.
  • BlueDahlia77
    Options
    There has been scuttlebutt in the gossip blogs for eons now that Bey-Bey didn't actually have the bay-bay. She used a surrogate, wore a fake belly, and then had the whole "I worked so hard to lose the baby weight" triumph ready to go.
  • parkermegan
    parkermegan Posts: 167
    Options
    Good for her! I agree - its her JOB to get in shape & lose the weight. Plus - who knows what else she does all day long.
    If I had the time and resources (and CASH) to spend 5hrs a day at the gym - I bet I would lose that much weight too.
    Think about all those Biggest Loser contestants... they spend all day in the gym, 6days a week & this type of weight loss is NORMAL for that show.

Exactly! I don't think the weight loss seems that crazy. If my JOB was to lose weight and I had all the resources necessary and the time (not planning my own meals, help with the baby, gym, trainers, etc) I don't see why it would be that crazy of a weight loss....I definitely think you could do it in a healthy way....whether she did it in a healthy way or not no one will know.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    IMO.. she was never pregnant
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    The 60 pound weight loss could be what she weighed right before giving birth as well. Figure in the weight of the child, placenta, water weight, blood, etc and she would've lost more like 45 pounds. I'm suspecting she ate a lot more than lettuce too. I lost 45 pounds in about 6 months while breastfeeding and exercising. My son seems to be no worse for wear.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Oh please that chick was never pregnant. Call me crazy she looks exactly like she did before she was pregnant.
  • Irish_Lanie
    Irish_Lanie Posts: 100
    Options
    It irks me the pressure celebs and society in general/women after having babies-the pressure we are put on to "lose the baby weight". Where is the encouragement,m support and love and compassion-to everyone that is overweight at any time in their life?
  • katydid25
    katydid25 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm just glad she admitted she worked hard to lose the weight.

Celebrities who say they lost their baby weight in 6 weeks with light yoga and meditation rub me the wrong way.
  • PhenomeNae
    PhenomeNae Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna say she didn't have the baby, a surrogate did, and the whole thing is a cover-up, lol

this.
  • livestar
    livestar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    beyonce-- ech--- i'm still pissed she rented out an entire wing of a hospital to give birth and her body guards prevented other parents from seeing their newborns.

whether or not she birthed her baby, surely she can't be blamed for hospital incompetency that kept other parents from visiting their sick newborns. for all she paid to rent out the wing--which, frankly I don't blame her at all for doing--the least those greedy execs could have done was re-route NICU access so neither her or the hospital would suffer bad press.
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    beyonce-- ech--- i'm still pissed she rented out an entire wing of a hospital to give birth and her body guards prevented other parents from seeing their newborns.

Pretty sure that didn't actually happen, lol.