I hate water. How do I increase my water intake?

Options
123457»

Replies

• ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Talk about necroposting. This was started a month ago, but I am curious if the OP ever found something that worked for her.
  • hesgro2
    hesgro2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Mio Liquid water enhancer.

^^ This! I don't go anywhere without it! :)
  • looceey
    looceey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    To be honest, if you are having difficulties drinking water, add a slice of lemon, use a nice glass or water bottle or straw or whatever to make the water more appealing to you.

I think with most of us, we are so used to having highly processed foods which are full of salt, sugar and artificial flavours etc, and even the artificial sweeteners taste sickly sweet, we no longer know what real foods really taste like.

It takes a bit of time, and self discipline, to reset our taste buds and our brain to get used to natural flavours again.

My advice, for those of you who 'hate' the taste of water is take it slowly, if your water supply is dodgy and tainted, then get a decent water purifier or purchase bottled water.

Not drinking enough water can lead to kidney issues, untreatable UTI's and other health issues.
  • Blessed2BeeAlive
    Blessed2BeeAlive Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I hate water, I allways have. Lemon is acidic, until it is consumed. What else can I do to get myself to drink my 8 cups a day, other then lemon water, is their any veggies that are ideal to juice for this reason?
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I hate water, I allways have. Lemon is acidic, until it is consumed. What else can I do to get myself to drink my 8 cups a day, other then lemon water, is their any veggies that are ideal to juice for this reason?
    WOW, zombie post... this is almost a year old. So before saying you hate water, why not look at the hundreds of suggestions already in the 5 pages of this thread. Or see the collection at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Robin_Bin/view/water-265761
    Start with your attitude. If you say you hate water, you're not likely to be able to adjust anything. Consider different types of water -- temperature, containers, filtering and low or no-cal additives. Water can taste very different.
  • Canadianraven
    Options
    Mi0 Liquid water enhancer.

Yeah I don't know where you are but we just got this in Canada (I think "just" anyway). Now I have no problem getting my water in. It's even easy to get in extra. I love it. My bf told me today too it comes in about 24 diff flavours.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options

Why on earth would you resurrect a thread that's a year old and then ignore the 5 pages of suggestions?
    {{eye roll}}