30 Day Shred - June!

Options

Replies

• lifestylechallenge
    lifestylechallenge Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Can someone please explain the 30 day shred and how it works?
  • lifestylechallenge
    lifestylechallenge Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So I've spent the last month getting back to making cardio a priority (running 4-5x a week) and what better way to add to that, than to try 30DS, right?

My idea is to post daily/weekly updates so we hold ourselves accountable. Post before/afters or don't; Post measurments or don't.

The goal is to stay on track, get focused and let Jillian make us hate her and love the results!

Who's in?

Can you please explain the 30 day shred?
  • areeley
    areeley Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm in. My first 30 day shred. Yay! @lifestylechal it's a Jillian Michael's DVD.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Can someone please explain the 30 day shred and how it works?

I am not sure what you are asking but I'll try my best to answer.

It's Jillian Michael's DVD. 3 levels in 30 days. If you look back on page 4 I quoted the links a nice person shared . There you can find the videos. Read further down and someone explained to me 10 days each level for a total of 30 days.
  • Luciendasky
    Luciendasky Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Lets do this!
  • SamH15
    SamH15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to join, I also did the 30DS for 2 weeks them stopped! Starting again with the gym in the am and 30DS @ night.!
  • EK1978
    EK1978 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What do you enter 30DS in the exervise diary as? If you created your own - how many calories did you say it burns?
  • akirkwood16
    akirkwood16 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Im in!
  • MsMsTrese
    MsMsTrese Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i wanna do it!
  • akirkwood16
    akirkwood16 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 Day Shred before and I entered it under "circuit training." It said i burned about 225 calories in 22 mins.
  • thisisforever21
    Options
    This is my first post here, but I just joined MFP a week or so ago and just started tracking every day and eating right about 3 days ago. I am doing a walking/jogging routine, but thought I would start doing the 30 Day Shred as well. I'm in for June 1st. :)
  • AutumnAir
    AutumnAir Posts: 15
    Options
    June 1st sounds perfect. Maybe I won't be sick anymore by then.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I'm in, too. :)

(ps I'm starting Tue, May 30.)
  • ogltkn
    ogltkn Posts: 6
    Options
    i compeleted day 2 level 1 last night . today i feel the soreness in my muscles, especially in legs and shoulders :(
  • fergie2812
    fergie2812 Posts: 162
    Options
    HI
    I'm going to get back on it!
    Not sure if its been mentioned but JM actually recommends doing it every other day.
    The publishing people wanted a hook hence 30day
    Just go at your own pace and don't move up a lever until you're ready!!!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Day 3 level 1 complete. Not as sore today & yesterday. Still had to modify about 1/2 way through the second set of push ups in circuit 1
  • chowells78
    chowells78 Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm hoping to start on the 1st too if I'm not still sick got a real nasty stomach bug at the mo.
  • pantgirl
    pantgirl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I need motivation! Keep starting it and stopping as I work blocks of nights so I find it hard. Going to make myself do it thou, starting today! Also occ elliptical work and swimming twice a week too.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    OH MY WORD! Today was my first day. I hope I don't die. :laugh: That's some rough stuff.

I am combining 30D shred with New Rules of Lifting. I'll do the video instead of the HIIT in the NROl4W.
  • SuperSaiyanGoddess86
    SuperSaiyanGoddess86 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am in I have been out for a while but I am ready to lose weight, after this I think I am going to try insanity:flowerforyou: