Success stories from increasing fat intake

Options

Replies

• dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I recently upped my fat intake and noticed a lot less cravings and i stay fuller for longer! I also have a lot better mood! Before, I was crazy and did low carb, low fat and it was a bad combo for me. Low carb with higher fat and protein is working a lot better!!!
  • debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Great dancinrascal! Are you losing weight? Inches? What fat are you using?:wink:
  • dancinrascal
    Options
    Great dancinrascal! Are you losing weight? Inches? What fat are you using?:wink:

I had hit a plateau and increasing my calories/fat helped me break it.
  • dancinrascal
    Options
    oops i forgot to write what kinds of fats...
    i eat avocados, nut butters, and use olive oil in cooking
  • debbylee22
    Options
    I had hit a plateau and increasing my calories/fat helped me break it.
    oops i forgot to write what kinds of fats...
    i eat avocados, nut butters, and use olive oil in cooking

Great! That happened for me too. And I keep getting worried that it really isn't good for me, so I cut back... then the wt. slows down! LOL...
    Glad to hear of others who are having success!
    Yum! Avocados!
  • dancinrascal
    Options
    what is ur carb, fat, protein ratio? just curious
  • debbylee22
    Options
    Not sure how to figure that out, but today it was: 1,413 Calories 126 Carbs 50 Fat 108 Protein
    Feel free to check out my Food Diary. :smile:
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    bump-o!
  • DB_1106
    DB_1106 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm working on increasing the amount of fat I'm taking in (specifically virgin coconut oil), I'm having a hard time watching my daily calories go up so quickly. Does anyone have success stories they can share about benefits they experienced from incorporating more [obviously healthy] fats into their diet? Thanks!

Yes, 66 pounds lost by increasing both my fat and protein intake and cutting out my carbohydrates. I don't really worry about my calories though. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full.

Coconut oil is the greatest thing ever. I cook with it daily. Haven't used vegetable oil in months.

Good luck. Give it a shot for 2 weeks and see how you feel. The benefits of using coconut oil are absolutely amazing.
  • DB_1106
    DB_1106 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Fats are only bad if you are eating Saturated fats

Not to turn this into a debate, but there is not one case that proves this.

And by the way, coconut oil is mostly all saturated fat.
  • NitaCB
    NitaCB Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I'm glad i've found this thread, cos this is something I'm starting to try myself. This is my second week eating this way and I'm feeling a lot better now. Last week I felt like I hadn't eaten for a week, but I think a part of that was that I wasn't finding enough calories when I took away a bunch of carbs. (I have a BMF so I take my deficit off that, and I'm pretty active.) So now I'm finding that I'm not nearly as hungry as I always used to be, which is great. It actually took a really big mental shift, especially after so many years of seeing fat as the devil. Now I'm starting to actually really enjoy it. I have beautiful salads for lunch with tuna in olive oil, pumpkin and other yummy veges and either feta or avocado. So yummy! But I do seem to struggle to find enough bulk for my dinners. I feel really good on it now. I've added in coconut oil, more nut butters, avocado, feta, cheese and a bit of butter, oh and coconut milk in protein shakes is reeeeally good. No results yet, but hopefully that will come.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I went through a huge spurt of eating two eggs for dinner last year.and was having amazing results... I stopped eating the eggs (mostly out of boredom) and was not having the same success with my weight loss/control...I recently started incorporating the two eggs into my diet again and I have started loosing...plus now that others are mentioning it...my waist is smallest when my fats are higher...I never really atributed the loss with the fat in the egg yolks but now that I am thinking about it...there does seem to be a correlation!

Good luck!
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I like this thread!! I heard a woman on tv saying that she takes a TBSP of olive oil each morning before her workout (or something like that) and I was "Whaaaat?!" But it now makes sense...She was nicely buffed:)

So do you HAVE to decrease your carbs too? If so, by how much? Or can you just stick to 40/30/30 or 45/30/25 or whatever you have...(carb/protein/fat)? I just try and hit it as much as possible. I'm always over on days I have avocado and love it:)
  • TiffanyDeanee
    TiffanyDeanee Posts: 158
    Options
    bump 4 later
  • flobee76
    flobee76 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • debbylee22
    Options
    I like this thread!! I heard a woman on tv saying that she takes a TBSP of olive oil each morning before her workout (or something like that) and I was "Whaaaat?!" But it now makes sense...She was nicely buffed:)

So do you HAVE to decrease your carbs too? If so, by how much? Or can you just stick to 40/30/30 or 45/30/25 or whatever you have...(carb/protein/fat)? I just try and hit it as much as possible. I'm always over on days I have avocado and love it:)
    I have actually just added the fat to my diet that I was using before. Only thing I have seen online is be sure you cut out your bad carbs when you add the fat. Clean carbs only. Which has been scarey for me, just going up like 300 calories! But no wt. gain, only losses!
  • debbylee22
    Options
    I'm working on increasing the amount of fat I'm taking in (specifically virgin coconut oil), I'm having a hard time watching my daily calories go up so quickly. Does anyone have success stories they can share about benefits they experienced from incorporating more [obviously healthy] fats into their diet? Thanks!

Yes, 66 pounds lost by increasing both my fat and protein intake and cutting out my carbohydrates. I don't really worry about my calories though. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full.

Coconut oil is the greatest thing ever. I cook with it daily. Haven't used vegetable oil in months.

Good luck. Give it a shot for 2 weeks and see how you feel. The benefits of using coconut oil are absolutely amazing.
    Yipee! That's what I wanted to hear. Congrats!
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I apologize for not knowing this if it's obvious--but what is the difference between paleo and primal?
  • cjv428
    cjv428 Posts: 124
    Options
    I apologize for not knowing this if it's obvious--but what is the difference between paleo and primal?

Seconded.
  • juicy011
    juicy011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!!!!!! AHmazing results!!!!
    I would consider myself a success story when it comes to upping fat and lowering carbs... :)

And yes, tapering waist, healthy skin, nails and hair, I don't get sick or have any aches and pains. Here's some photographic evidence (taken a couple of weeks ago, and I've lost another 5 or so since then - the before photo was when I stopped eating grains and upping fat, not my ultimate before photo):
    6monthsprimal.jpg