BURN what you eat!

Options
1235»

Replies

• Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I was just giving some info I watched on calorie burning..Some people do eat a little something before they excersise.If that works for you than its good. The doctor in this video suggests doing it on an empty stomach to ready your body for calories...just a different insight. I do agree that the 1200 calories your machine says you used may not be factual only estimated. I am not sure how many hours you would have to actually work out to lose that. The Big mac was just an example of how long it takes to burn off food..I think a big mac has like 1000 calories so he said it would take 10 hours of trenious work out to lose those calories. A breakfast of 250 calories I don't know. However, the continous excersising keeps the hormones flowing that rids your body of calories hence the metabolism goes up and continues to work it off. On the next few posts I put the site that has the video if you are interested.
    i didnt want to get into enzymes and hormones , metaboism , i see too many people hitting the wall and crashing and or passing out while working out too hard without eating. too many questions on should i eat my excercise calories back
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

This is an article with absolutely no quoted sources or studies and it actually disputes what you initially stated in any event.
  • lkcuts
    lkcuts Posts: 224
    Options
    I read this and point taken.Thanks
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Absolutely.
  • navydentalchic
    navydentalchic Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    ok trolls are way off point and concept

What is the source of your advice, please?
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/392565-what-happens-to-blood-sugar-levels-during-exercise/

I have also posted an article about working out in the morning on an empty stomach. There are different ways to lose weight. It shouldn't be based off of one article you read. i WORK OUT a 3am on an empty stomach and don't feel my workouts suffer, I actually have more energy after I get done.

It was a while a go so I couldn't find the exact live strong link, but here is another fitness article. To each their own, and I feel sick if I work out later in the day after I have eaten. Whatever works for you on your weight loss journey I say!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37492881/ns/health-fitness/t/get-rid-fat-dont-eat-workout/
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    i didnt want to get into enzymes and hormones , metaboism , i see too many people hitting the wall and crashing and or passing out while working out too hard without eating. too many questions on should i eat my excercise calories back

Crashing and burning during a work out has nothing at all to do with anything. Sure they should eat before a work out if they need it to keep from passing out but other then that, it doesn't make much of a difference
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    So fasted cardio was the reason I gained all that weight and not my lack of calorie deficit over time? mmmkthx
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I think a big mac has like 1000 calories so he said it would take 10 hours of trenious work out to lose those calories.

A big mac has 540 calories, and I can burn that off in under an hour of intense exercise. It certainly does not take 10 hours to burn it off, and anyone who claims so better have more evidence than just an opinion. Maybe just at BMR it would take that long, but unless a person is eating big macs while in a coma, it is sort of irrelevant.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the replies but even if true this would not work for me. I workout for two reasons. To stay healthy, and to earn calories for wine with dinner. If I drink the wine pre-workout it would definitely have a negative affect on the workout.
  • ktied
    ktied Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My sentiments exactly =)
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the replies but even if true this would not work for me. I workout for two reasons. To stay healthy, and to earn calories for wine with dinner. If I drink the wine pre-workout it would definitely have a negative affect on the workout.

Nonsense. Drunk training is the shiz. Dr Oz said so!!!
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options

Hahaha! And me too!!! I mean, yes, I love my workouts and feel stronger (and AM stronger) and love my body now, but I definitely workout for my wine!
  • willismack2
    willismack2 Posts: 84
    Options
    By this logic, if I don't eat, then I don't really burn any calories, so I don't need to eat...

^^Holy crap, we just solved world hunger!!!!

I would be so hungry...
  • fatchiick
    fatchiick Posts: 105
    Options

I dont believe that if you eat 250 calories all morning and workout lets say for 2 hrs and it says you burned 1200 cals that you will actually burn themunless they are readily in your system , i know you can argue the fact that your burning fat but truthfully fat doesnt break down that fast, and most likely your body willl in turn burn less calories to protect itself

so i say if i am going to bust out a large workout , i am going to prepare my body for the workout a few hrs earlier
    now you will also need to fuel

Your post is a bit muddled..I'm the queen of muddled post so no harm no foul lol but the them is it the 1200 cals or 250? lol either way I don't agree lol...

if its the 1200 if you seriously eat or are suggesting that someone consume 1200 cals prior to a workout so that the 1200 cals can truly/actually be expended because the body wont burn 1200 unless you eat them within mins of your exercise :indifferent: u can't be serious...

And if its the 250 I don't believe the food digest that fast that's why I find it odd when people say eat something right before you workout so you'll burn the carbs... I just don't believe if I eat a bananna seconds before I exercise the cals I burned was that bananna I bet if I vomit that banna will come right up lmaoooo..

Either way I don't believe eating directly before or after a workout is pertinent to calories burned.. I would say its more about the amout of cals and how they are disbursed throughout the day..

All in all I would say just to try and NOT eat all you're cals at the same time like if you have a 2000 cal diet don't eat 1900 for dinner I do believe that will cause issues...
  • fatchiick
    fatchiick Posts: 105
    Options

This is ridiculous anyone will passout if they over exert themselves.. rather working out hard and simply taking a step... anyone weak who pushes themselves pass their limits will crash.. that has nothing to do with eating before a workout and just in general to fuel your body to perform...
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    oh so i guess I better start working out at night---all that heavy lifting in the A.M. has been giving me fake P.Rs and my body is burning no calories at all. Oh yeah, and those people who IF and then eat post workout--that's fake bodyfat being lost.

You have to be kidding me--this has to be the most absurd thing I've read all week.

I agree with this. Don't agree with the OP.
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I was just giving some info I watched on calorie burning..Some people do eat a little something before they excersise.If that works for you than its good. The doctor in this video suggests doing it on an empty stomach to ready your body for calories...just a different insight. I do agree that the 1200 calories your machine says you used may not be factual only estimated. I am not sure how many hours you would have to actually work out to lose that. The Big mac was just an example of how long it takes to burn off food..I think a big mac has like 1000 calories so he said it would take 10 hours of trenious work out to lose those calories. A breakfast of 250 calories I don't know. However, the continous excersising keeps the hormones flowing that rids your body of calories hence the metabolism goes up and continues to work it off. On the next few posts I put the site that has the video if you are interested.

Do you really ;see too many people passing out whle working out??? I have never in my life seen someone fall off the treadmill cause they hadn't eaten a big enough breakfast :-)