• BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    You have too many muscles??

Can I have them? :\
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Not everyone has to like the look of muscle people.
  • Merithyn
    Merithyn Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    pics please. I would like to see what too muscly looks like.....From your profile pic I'm not seeing it.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about: http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/merithyn/leg.jpg

My calf is more than double the circumfrance of my ankle, and I can't pinch any excess flesh there at all. It's pure muscle.
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Carrot cake and champagne *every* day, not just once a week. :wink:
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    TOO muscular? Can you share a pic or two, I'd love to see because I don't get that from your profile pic. Are you sure it's not just that you're very lean and the muscle shows through?
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    pics please. I would like to see what too muscly looks like.....From your profile pic I'm not seeing it.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about: http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/merithyn/leg.jpg

My calf is more than double the circumfrance of my ankle, and I can't pinch any excess flesh there at all. It's pure muscle.

I respectfully disagree. If it were pure muscle, there would be clear definition in the muscle. If you don't see definition, there is still fat around it. I'm not saying it's not muscular underneath, but there is still some fat covering it.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

I respectfully disagree. If it were pure muscle, there would be clear definition in the muscle. If you don't see definition, there is still fat around it. I'm not saying it's not muscular underneath, but there is still some fat covering it.

I would like to see more pic's but I would agree that's not very lean. You'd see more muscular definition and likely more vascularity depending on how lean.
  • DMarkSwan
    DMarkSwan Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You list your goal as being healthy. Healthy includes some muscle. This sounds like a body image issue to me. Now if you're getting too much muscle definition, your body fat % could be getting to a level some on here would kill for, but making sure you were 18-22% would be considered healthy. For that you could just eat a little more.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

If you're calf ratio was close to mine I might agree with you. Mine's not even pure muscle. I still need to cut some more body fat.
    Just took these. Pardon the old-man socks, but I'm guessing your "muscle" isn't quite up to standard with what I call muscle. Women who are afraid of "bulking up" here have yet to show me proof like this.

IMG_20120530_100807.jpg
    IMG_20120530_100902.jpg
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Plus, fat is more than just a layer OVER the muscle. It's also interspersed in the muscle... think of a big chunk of marbled beef.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

I know you are not the OP but I will respond to this one as well......Like others have said there is very little/no definition in your calves. If you are worried about the size lose fat...
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    do lots of high intensity cardio while being on a deficit and decrease the weights you are using
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Cut down on protein intake + stop lifting + plus doing a lot of endurance exercise = totally F'd body composition. Have fun.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it isn't just muscle under fat that needs to be lost? Many women see this and think they are getting too bulky or gaining too much muscle when in reality they just need to cut bodyfat.

If what you are saying is correct however, then I am assuming you've been training for over a year or more.... I'd take some of that muscle if I could. :P
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Cut down on protein intake + stop lifting + plus doing a lot of endurance exercise = totally F'd body composition. Have fun.
    Along with the above, be sure you're in a calorie deficit. The larger the better.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    eat more fat?
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I. HAVE. NO. WORDS
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    This will be contraversial I know, but i want to know how to LOSE some muscle!

I excerise daily as i LOVE to move and love to be active - i run, swim, do weights, yoga, hot yoga, cardio gym classes, core classes, bike and walk almost everywhere i can - i dont have a car so i try to walk everywhere i can... Basically i'm a very active person...! Also, I only log the 'real' excersise - not the incidental like walking or biking to 'get somewhere' - basically if im not in workout gear it doesnt go in my diary!!!

Anyway, i am getting very muscley IMO - the scales go up however im less worried about that than the muslce i gain. I have a very small frame so muslce shows very quickly on me.... I want to know how to stop gaining such muslce without havign to stop the excerise i do (which i really enjoy and use for mental clarity!)

My diet is varied - i eat low complex carbs due to gluten intolerence but lots of protein (seafood mainly) and lots of veges !!! Its a pretty clean diet with little processed foods - i do not supplement with any sort of protien powder etc... Most ingredients are 100% natural and artificial free. My weakness is champagne... (and carrot cake) but i usually treat myself to that once a week only...

As I said, i know this will probabley be contraverisal but any advice would be appreciated.

THANKS!

How are you "too muscley"? Until I see a picture of all these marvelous muscles you are trying to get rid off, I can only comment by saying Don't exercise and just eat some bon bons while watching soaps for a few months. Sure enough they will disappear. Works every time
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    If you don't stress your body with load regularly it will get rid of muscles needed
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    If it's actual muscle definition, too defined for your liking, raise body fat slightly and it doesn't show as much.
    If it's that you look bigger/bulkier it's likely muscle and quite a bit of fat still. Drop fat and you instantly look smaller and more toned, like you have less muscle.

I really wouldn't advise losing any muscle mass, as it's unlikely you have as much as you think, it's likely just one of the above, and while losing weight (on a deficit) it's almost impossible to gain any more. If you still want to lose muscle, stop lifting.

I agree with Heidi.

I would also like to see pictures of the OP's "too muscley-ness". When people complain about not wanting muscles or having to much muscles pictures really help us know what is going on and what the people want and what they want to avoid.