AFTER A BINGE, AFTER A MEAL OUT- READ THIS!!

Replies

• This is my Holy Grail Thank You for posting this :)
  • Tara1090
    Tara1090 Posts: 199 Member
    I SO needed to read this after yesterday..hahah. THANKS!
  • jpinge
    jpinge Posts: 71 Member
    AMEN!
  • MrsLip4d
    MrsLip4d Posts: 29
    I need to come pack to this everytime I feel this way! Thanks!
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    thanks for posting this :) maknig me see all is not lost if I have a bad day every now and then. i am one that has been so obbessed on my eating that when I ate something I thought would make me gain I would hurry up and exersize to burn the calories. now I exersize once a day.
  • ccbing
    ccbing Posts: 162 Member
    bump
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    What a great post and so helpful! Going to think about this post every time I get down on myself and start thinking I've ruined all of my progress. Thank you!
  • aklitten
    aklitten Posts: 237 Member
    A good read!
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    wow......a new perspective to look at eating! Thank you so much I have been on my journey for almost two years now, and a little light bulb went off in my head!

Thanks!!
  • jennt_22
    jennt_22 Posts: 155 Member
    I need to remember this. I always get SOOOOOO down on myself and have MAJOR regrets when I have a bad eating day.
  • kimaviles76
    kimaviles76 Posts: 28 Member
    I gain if I eat 2000 calories :(
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    I had a bit of a freak out like that last weekend when i went out to eat at one of my favorite pizza places and ate way more than planned (darn you, yummy St Louis-style pizza!). Still lost a pound this week!
  • Wow - really puts it into perspective - I AM going to put it on my fridge for reflection! Maybe seeing it will help me be less critical of my progress in general - I can forgive myself for many other mistakes in my life but my weight gain makes it much harder too look myself in the mirror everyday. I do feel so much better when I am working out - it helps me deal with those slip ups (or intentional pieces of cake!) without beating myself up so much. :happy:
  • shell6469
    shell6469 Posts: 54 Member
    THANKS... I was feeling mad at myself for eating that "Frontega chicken Sandwich" yesterday from Panera Bread! Apparently, that sandwich did not completely do me in....... smile:
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Aww I wish my body burned that much!! I inevitably (and quickly) gain if I have anything over 1300 cals.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    love it, so very true!
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    If you are eating a very low calorie diet (like waaay below your tdee or bmr) then you probably would gain a tad (most likely bloat though) but if you were to gradually increase your calories to a normal level it would probably even off a bit and your body wouldn't be so sensitive to calorie change. That's why I opted not to go the really low cal route because I didn't want to be stuck in that restrictive zone where if I splurge at all I instantly gain a million pounds. And 2000 calories was a generalized figure- the point was one "bad" day wont undue all your hard work and it's not worth stressing over :)
  • Smudjie
    Smudjie Posts: 126 Member
    bump

Well said :)
  • anarod0513
    anarod0513 Posts: 119
    Thank you for this!!!
  • ashivnc
    ashivnc Posts: 22 Member
    This is great - thank you. Helps me keep perspective!