Ladies - 160/170 trying to get to 130-ish

Options
Looking for ladies with similar goals. I am 169lbs 5'5" and lost almost all of it before but it found me again!
So I am trying to lose around 40lbs...no real goal date in mind just doing it one day at a time :)

Feel free to friend me or just post here.

This was my last time here....33lbs lost
33lbslost.jpg

Now I am back up to my before :( All that hard work wasted!!

Replies

• skintite
    skintite Posts: 2
    Options
    I sent u a friend request since we have the same weightloss goal. I'm trying to get back to my weight before having my baby. I gained 80 lbs!!! 5'7" 160lbs goal 135lbs.
  • tiffers1022
    Options
    I'm a little higher up. Before my pregnancy, I was 180 and then sky rocketed up to 220. Three years later, I am at 198. Now, I have been dieting for the last two weeks and exercising. I am now 186. My goal is to be down to 140. Can I join this topic?
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I'm a little higher up. Before my pregnancy, I was 180 and then sky rocketed up to 220. Three years later, I am at 198. Now, I have been dieting for the last two weeks and exercising. I am now 186. My goal is to be down to 140. Can I join this topic?

Absolutely!! The more the merrier :)
  • Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm back after being away for a LONG time..I too need to lose at least 40lbs....just wish I could stay motivated. I love to exercise, but eat too dam much.
  • tangoa24
    tangoa24 Posts: 27
    Options
    I have a similar goal (5'6 and 175 trying to get down to 130) but this is my first time on MFP. I've been logging in everyday and it has made me hyper-aware of how many calories I consume. Would love any suggestions on some low-impact workouts you all can give. I'm not exactly a gym person.
  • akm2007
    akm2007 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm now 173 and would eventually LOVE to be in the 130's, I'd even be happy in the 150's as a first goal.
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am about 150 trying to get to 125. The problem is I am 5'2 so the weight really shows on my small frame. I felt I looked the best at 125. Trying to get motivated with this site and become conscious of what I actually eat. :)
  • Lizlicious2187
    Lizlicious2187 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'm 5'5 and at 159 lbs right now...started out around 189. First goal is 140 then I shall re-assess..mainly looking to get my body fat down to around 20% and get toned!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I have a similar goal (5'6 and 175 trying to get down to 130) but this is my first time on MFP. I've been logging in everyday and it has made me hyper-aware of how many calories I consume. Would love any suggestions on some low-impact workouts you all can give. I'm not exactly a gym person.

Oh I am NO gym person either. Last time around I invested in a HRM (BEST purchase ever!!) and love it, I love to watch the calories burned go up..lol. I also use my Wii. I "Just Dance" with the kids, I did Julian Michaels 30 day shred...well Level 1 and part of Level 2 ;) I also have a treadmill but I MUCH prefer outside. If you are just starting anything helps! Start off slow maybe walking, jogging, bike riding...anything to get you moving!
  • jillyjelly
    jillyjelly Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    hey preaching to the choir - now 152 but trying really hard to get to 125 - not easy
  • Jamie0529
    Jamie0529 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love my treadmill, use is every morning 1st thing. Only speed walking, but after 4 weeks straight now I feel better and don't huff and puff walking up hills anymore!
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options

I am the same -- but I got a copy of 30 Day Shred (which MFP-ers recommended highly) and found it very approachable & doable. You don't need a lot of space, and the only equipment required is a set of handweights & a mat if you are working out on a hard surface (but in a pinch you can substitute a towel and some water bottles). It only takes 20 minutes to do the workout, they offer lower impact variations of each workout, and you can level up when you master the level. But I must warn you -- this is a "gateway" dvd -- after you've been doing it for a few weeks, you'll start to want to do more, and you'll miss not working out on your 'recovery' days.
  • emelypoynter
    Options
    I'm 5'6" started at 155 trying to work my way to 125ish. I am at 149 right now.
  • jessw1823
    jessw1823 Posts: 24
    Options
    I have a pretty similar goal. Started at 160, now down to 154, but trying to get to somewhere around 130-135. Sending you a request now! :)
  • hawaii86442
    hawaii86442 Posts: 167
    Options
    I started at 161--so I can comment. I have been as low as 133-but my goal now is 146.6. When I reach that I will also reassess and go for a lower weight. I want to be healthyand stronger and not have any wiggles and jiggles.
    I have already reduced my blood pressure from 124/90 to 96/70. All things considered--that alone is a good reason to be a MFP member.
    Good Luck to all of you!!
  • Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    Options

Leslie Sansone http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=leslie+sansone

Kathy Smith http://www.kathysmith.com/store/
  • danadew18nj
    danadew18nj Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i'm currently 170. and i'm 5'4" . this is my first go around with MFP but I have been trying to do WW for the last few months. I am happy I did weight watchers b/c it helped me understand portion control and blablabla but I feel I was either eating way too much or not enough with the system. I am so far enjoying "watching my calories". I belong to the gym and I love going to a few of the classes during the week. I have heard a lot about the 30DS, i'm wondering if its "right" for me?
  • kme2011
    kme2011 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Omg finally some ladies i can relate too. lol. I'm 5'4 and at my heaviest i weighed 176. I'm currently at 163 but i'm hoping to get down to at least 135. I'd settle for that number. lol. I've been doing "Just Dance" for the xbox and i LOVE IT! I'm hoping that soon i will be able to get the "Zumba" for it and see how that works for me. any of you ladies feel free to add me as a friend. I could use the support from someone who has the same goals in mind.
  • Show_Stopper
    Show_Stopper Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and 176lbs I would love to be at 130 and I'll get there no pictures yet but feel free to add me:happy:
  • crissyrox
    crissyrox Posts: 94
    Options
    Yay finally people with the same goals! I am 5'4" at 168.4 right now, looking to get down about 40lbs or so. Please feel free to add me! Would love the extra support :)