Ladies - 160/170 trying to get to 130-ish

Options

Replies

• BeautyAndStrength50
    BeautyAndStrength50 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Never give up.. You just lost track of the way your should be eating and exercising.. I use to be 175 now 131. I know how you feel in 2000 i weighted 175 got to 144 and felt good then throught the years gained it all back. Then I got on here and it all changed. I did the calorie counting and exercised 30 min a day thats all you need.. And I made my goal weight in 4 months and keep it off. I dont log anymore I was getting bored with it after I made my goal but I do log my exercising because it keeps me motivated. Im her is you want to add me as a friend. I can tell you IVE BEEN WERE YOU ARE AT.. Its ok you can do this again and stay fit for the rest of your life.. Its not a DIET its a lifestyle change and you cant look back..

Susie
  • LadyAbby11
    LadyAbby11 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3". I also have similar goals - from 177 to 135. :smile: My GW for July is 155 and 135 by November (my birthday month). I want to see a new me!!!
  • Tropicalgirl3
    Tropicalgirl3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Would love to be a part of this group. I am a little higher at 187 but want to get down to 135 - 140!! I have just rediscovered Zumba and loving how it helps me burn calories!!
  • vxmann
    vxmann Posts: 6
    Options
    Great idea for putting up photo of you at the weight you were BEFORE you got where you are now. Inspiration. I'm going to do the same thing! Anyway, I'm 5'2" and weigh 175 if you can imagine! And I really need to lose 50 lbs., but I will be happy if I can just drop 20 now. If I can do that, then I'll go for the next 20.
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    5'4" starting weight was 170 a year ago (i was probably 180 at my heaviest though). I'm currently 135, and trying to lose the last 5-10 pounds and/or tighten up. I'll be posting progress pictures soon. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • tomandmr
    tomandmr Posts: 2
    Options
    just started with myfitnesspal ... I am at 185 and need to be in the 130s ... was as high as 220 10 years ago and got down to 157 ... would love to get down to 157 again :) working on it!
  • raquel_soto
    raquel_soto Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i started on MFP around that much and in 90 days only lost about 16 pounds. but you know what? i went from a 12 (okay; a 14 in denial! lol) to a six in 90 days! i THOUGHT i had to be around 130ish but really, i'm a 4/6 now hanging around 148ish. now i'm just toning. pick a size that is good for your body type and go for that. weight is so deceiving! sending a friend request. all the best.
  • charlybu
    charlybu Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have a similar goal (5'6 and 175 trying to get down to 130) but this is my first time on MFP. I've been logging in everyday and it has made me hyper-aware of how many calories I consume. Would love any suggestions on some low-impact workouts you all can give. I'm not exactly a gym person.

I injured my Achilles tendon a while ago so I was looking for low impact workouts without a lot of twisting and bouncing. I found Ellen Barret. Her workouts are slower and more flowing and very Pilates/ballet/yoga inspired, but they have been more effective for me than the old keep going till you drop workouts (Insanity, Tae Bo, etc...). And I feel energized afterward instead of pooped. Other than that, the most effective calorie burner exercise I've found is walking. I keep a really quick pace so I burn about the same walking as I would jogging. Walking is also a great one for slimming down the waist.
  • rbjd2004
    rbjd2004 Posts: 51
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. 5'5, 167 right now, looking to get to 130-135. Would love to have you guys as friends to help keep me motivated!
  • trinityj1
    trinityj1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm in this place too! Started at about 180 (I'm 5'8"), gradually got down to 160 and was very fit after doing P90X. Went primal, felt amazing, lost all the jiggle and was pumped to start hitting the meat of the issue and getting down to a size six. Then life crapped all over me and I'm almost back where I started. Sigh.

The stress makes it so difficult to say no to carbs and refined sugars. Plus, I've been so laid up by my anxiety disorder I became completely sendentary. Which just makes it worse. Got to get active!

Looks like I'm finally stepping back on the wagon, but now I'm jiggly again just in time for summer. :( I really wanted to be down in the 130-140 area this year.
  • hellokitty41489
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently 172 lbs, but I started off higher at 207. I'd LOVE to get to the 130's (though at the current moment 160's would make me giddy I'm at a plateau >.<) feel free to add me :)
  • kmillar1224
    kmillar1224 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    OH, OH, OH...that's me, that's me. Well, actually...I just made it into the 50's, but I'd definitely like to get to the 30's and below. Can't wait to until I see those numbers :0)
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, currently 172lb, and trying to get down to 145-150lb. I've been bouncing around the 170lb mark for a few months now. Frustrating! But I can do this. Feel free to add me!
  • pinkpolkadots25
    pinkpolkadots25 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I'm 164 looking to get to 130. I'm 5'6. Add me if you'd like :)
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    5'5" started at 180, lost down to about 165 then gained it back again.
    Joined MFP Aug 2011 at 180, now down to 162. Would like to get to 150 then see where to go from there.
    :bigsmile:
  • dancecentral
    dancecentral Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My starting weight and goal is close but a little higher then you.. I'm 180 hoping to get to 140 and see where to go from there.. oh and I'm 5'6
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm almost exactly the same at 150 and 5 2 going to about 125 so definately count me in!
  • GIAngel222
    GIAngel222 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I was 167 and trying to get to 130-135. Anyone here feel free to add me!
    I just signed up about three weeks ago and I love this site/app!
  • megannicolex33
    Options
    My starting weight was 186 lbs (I'm 5'3). Right now I'm down to 156 and my goal weight is 135. I might go lower, but I'll have to see how I feel once I get closer to that weight. Feel free to add me! :)
  • sam2674
    sam2674 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm now 173 and would eventually LOVE to be in the 130's, I'd even be happy in the 150's as a first goal.

THIS^