Where do you stand with your weight loss right now..

Options

Replies

• bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    bizgirl26 20 down in 3 months is great work

Thank you, its been a lot of hard work. Still a long way to go but I am taking it slow and steady ( hopefully)
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I think I'm on track. Well, I feel like I am anyway. I started in January actually giving this a shot, and I've lost 20 lbs, about 3% body fat and gone from a size 14 to a size 10. I think I'm a little less than halfway to my goal really, although my body fat percentage isn't going down as quickly as I'd hoped. My final goal is to be around 20% body fat (last I checked I was at 31%) so whatever weight I am/size I am when I get there is my goal. I want to be super fit and healthy, and to feel like I fit my frame properly. At 5'3" with a very small frame, I still feel very heavy at 148 lbs.

Don't let it get to you. The single most attractive woman I've ever seen in my life weighs approx. 135-140 at 5'3." Admittedly she's not small-framed and has a lot of muscle, but still. The number on the scale doesn't mean a damn at this point anymore. =)
  • cattraxs
    cattraxs Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Have lost 38.5 pounds in 4 months with a constant loss each week. Still have 15 pounds to go to be at my goal weight so think I am doing fairly well since I didn't really set a "due by" date to begin with. Feeling great and my knees have stop screaming at me ;) so it's working for me.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I think I'm on track. Well, I feel like I am anyway. I started in January actually giving this a shot, and I've lost 20 lbs, about 3% body fat and gone from a size 14 to a size 10. I think I'm a little less than halfway to my goal really, although my body fat percentage isn't going down as quickly as I'd hoped. My final goal is to be around 20% body fat (last I checked I was at 31%) so whatever weight I am/size I am when I get there is my goal. I want to be super fit and healthy, and to feel like I fit my frame properly. At 5'3" with a very small frame, I still feel very heavy at 148 lbs.

Don't let it get to you. The single most attractive woman I've ever seen in my life weighs approx. 135-140 at 5'3." Admittedly she's not small-framed and has a lot of muscle, but still. The number on the scale doesn't mean a damn at this point anymore. =)

Thank you!! I really do get a lot more satisfaction from noticing physical changes rather than what the scale says, but as a woman it's kinda drilled into our brains to watch the scale (regardless how arbitrary that number is after a while).
  • taintedbutterfly18
    taintedbutterfly18 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It took me over 2 years to lose 20 lbs. I am way behind! At that time, I just exercised though and didn't track anything I ate. Now I'm tracking and am hoping that it will help me get the rest off that I want. It's a slow and long journey though.
  • MzMandi1025
    MzMandi1025 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm on track, but everytime I get on the scale I realize that I'm behind. up until the beginning of May, I was losing, now I've been gaining & losing the same 4 pounds it's driving me nuts. Sometimes I just want to stop & go back to my old habits, but I keep thinking that eventually it's bound to fall into place. So I keep moving forward.
  • gin_gin
    gin_gin Posts: 184
    Options
    cattraxs 38.5 pounds down way to go!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I am just slightly behind at this moment. I gained 2 pounds this month (it's been a super crazy month). But I am still down 5% of my body weight. My goal is to lose 10+% of my body weight by the end of the year and I am 8 pounds away from that goal.
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I don't have a timeline, but I'm happy with my progress, so I'm going to call that on track. :-) There have been some slow months along the way, but that's okay. The trend for my weight is always downward, and for fitness it's always upward.
  • gin_gin
    Options
    MzMandi1025 I feel the same way but going back won't do us any good we can do this seems that the norm
    is losing/gaining/losing lol I stopped weighing everyday because of that I just have to realize I need to stay
    motivated at the times when I know I'm doing bad so I dont go back
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I set up weekly goals of 1lb loss and i am ahead of myself by just over a pound :) End of may goal in general was 154 and im at 152.6
  • gin_gin
    Options
    that's a great attitude to have :)
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Haven't lost in ages.
    Trying to eat above BMR now and get most of my exercise calories back. This combination has caused me to gain weight.
    But big cuts didn't help either. So.
  • gin_gin
    Options
    you're doing great :)
  • bakatare2k
    bakatare2k Posts: 17
    Options
    I was at 43 lost (in a little less than 3 months) but now 38 (at three months) but back on track. I think today i will be at 40 again. Hopefully to get to my goal within 2 to 3 months @ 75 lost. Hard work paying off. Feeling better and way motivated than i ever was!
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    im on track but i havent been losing... :(
  • sashanicole88
    sashanicole88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm been a little behind of where I thought I'd be at this point. But I thankfully lost another pound after a month of nothing! Sometimes it seems like our bodies are on their own time frames :)
  • BoatReadyBody
    BoatReadyBody Posts: 376
    Options
    I have lost 58 pds since Dec and now I am working on the emotional side of weight loss. I never realized the hole I was fillng with food now I have filled it with exercise and a obsession over my diet. I need to find a happy medium.
  • poohbear1971
    Options
    I am trying not to focus on a timeframe and just appreciate the small goals. I have been doing this since January 19th and lost 34 lbs. currently but I have gained and lost in that time. I try to understand that although this is a lifestyle change I still treat myself to some of those things I loved before. It was a real challenge last week while on vacation but I only gained 1 lb and considered that a major victory.
  • SkylinkFitness
    Options
    I have lost 58 pds since Dec and now I am working on the emotional side of weight loss. I never realized the hole I was fillng with food now I have filled it with exercise and a obsession over my diet. I need to find a happy medium.

Wow 58 pds in 6 months, that's amazing! Congrats! Finding a happy medium can be tricky sometimes, especially when you don't want to fall back into bad habits and go backwards... Just do your best and forget the rest!!! Listen to your body! :)