How many people actually diet 7 days a week?

Options

Replies

• longleggedgiraffe
    Options
    I log all the stuff I eat. I try and eat healthy everyday. There are times I have a treat but I still log it and I try not to get outta control with it. I dont go a whole day eating what I want. I choose specific meals throughout the week and splurge a little.
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I don't diet. I eat what I want just use portion control. I sometimes forget to keep track of my food but I try to track it everyday. I'm more interested in keeping track of my exercise. If I get in an hour of exercise a day, I can pretty much eat up to 2000 calories a day and still lose 1/2 to 1 pound a week. On weeks I skip exercising, I gain or stay the same. I'm only trying to lose 1/2 pound to 1 pound a week because I'm trying to do something I can stick to. I've never been able to stick to a diet but I love the feeling I get after exercising so I know that I can keep it up. Don't get me wrong, I don't binge all day. I actually try to eat something every 2 -3 hours so I don't get that shaky hungry feeling and usually I stay well below 2000 calories in a day but sometimes I do go over.
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    it's a lifestyle not a diet so every day! even when I indulge! 7 days a week! I have cheat/indulge 'moments' cheat days are a step back and for me would escalate into everyday again ;) minus vacations - those are cheat/indulge lots of moments so 7 days a week minus vacations I guess haha

that makes no sense probs haha

I wondered how long it would be before the 'lifestyle' vs 'diet' distinction was drawn. It's an artificial distinction. Your 'lifestyle' involves incorporating healthy eating. In that sense you are, indeed, adapting your 'diet'. It isn't a fad diet, or a crash diet, but your new lifestyle certainly includes healthy dietary practices. In that sense your 'diet' has changed.

Bugbear. As you were.

yep! haha
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    it's a lifestyle not a diet so every day! even when I indulge! 7 days a week! I have cheat/indulge 'moments' cheat days are a step back and for me would escalate into everyday again ;) minus vacations - those are cheat/indulge lots of moments so 7 days a week minus vacations I guess haha

Yes it makes sense lol
    Im just wondering if, this could be the problem of allot of peoples, "I've hit a plateau threads i see so often"
    Just a theory of mine :smile:
    And yes being a social person, it does make things tough, i agree. It takes an iron will and thick skin to brush off the weird looks lol
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I log every day, except when I'm out of town w/o internet access.

Usually the reason I'm out of town is for an Aikido seminar, so I figure not tracking when I did 4+ hours of Aikido that day isn't going to kill me. :P

Edited: Even though I'm not tracking, I'm still mindful of what I'm eating -- i.e. eating slowly, not eating just because it's in front of me and deliciuos.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Yup...I log every day. Even when it's ugly.
  • FreedomReigns
    FreedomReigns Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I log everyday even if it is not pretty.....mostly because i am addicted to this site .....but still :happy:
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    I have recently really started to hold myself accountable for my sat/sundays as I wasn't logging those days and it has been my downfall.

I felt that myself and my DH had a hard weekend with the kids and I deserved X, Y or Z. The mornings would start off fine, but by mid afternoon, things would go downhill. So I didn't bother logging my food over the weekend. Big mistake.

I'm doing much better the past month or so and I'm trying to fit in a workout depsite the fact I am tired after a hectic week working, kids and exercise. I feel soooooo much better come monday morning if I do all the above!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I log everyday even if it's going to put me over. I don't go over often but I don't deny my favorite 'bad' things either, I just have learned I can't have them everyday, I've also learned to make some of them healthier. I also make the most of my workouts and get more bang for my buck by using high intensity methods and giving me a little more wiggle room.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I tend to go over every now and then, I was religiously logging for my first 75 days here but this past weekend I was put on a sort of bed rest for three days. I tried to log my food but sleep was sooo much more important!! Now I'm back on my game plan...trust me though....my diary is no where near perfect...so I cant even say I 'diet' ever! LOL ;)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I don't log certain days because either sometimes I don't know what the nutrition info is (such as a friend or fam member making the meal), I am busy, etc. This is not just a short term diet for me. So no, I don't diet 7 days a week. For me, I need a balance between logging and not logging. Realistically, am I going to be logging on here in 3 years, 5 years, 10 years? No, so I need some days to learn how to manage without MFP and not stressing over calorie counts.
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I don't diet.

I do however track what I eat 99.9999999999999999% of the time.

So much, this. Don't make your eating pattern like punishment. Just make sensible decisions.
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I log everyday (well except this past holiday weekend because I had no idea where to even start.) If I go out to eat, I log it the best I can, and workout harder the next day. I don't take Saturday or Sunday off of "dieting," because I will have "cheat" days random days of the week. I'm doing myself a disservice by not logging.
  • madmex569
    madmex569 Posts: 49
    Options
    i record my food everyday and i keep to same food plan. I have to give all of my energy to stay on track to get to my goal shape. Glad to say i don't have cheat days. It's just something i need to do right now. If i start eating the junk i was eating, then i know it will be easy to put the weight back on. I like the way i look and feel. Still have work to do.
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    Me.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I don't diet. But I do eat healthy-ish and log it 7 days a week, for now.
  • NotThePest
    NotThePest Posts: 164
    Options
    The reason i ask is purely down to curiosity, as i notice allot of peoples diary's are blank, on Saturday and Sunday. Before we go any further im not having a dig at anyone, because i myself have been guilty of this in the past. I used to work out my TDEE, create a deficit worked out on a 7 day week, and diet Monday to Friday, and then wonder why the scale wasn't moving lol. Anyone guilty of this now or in the past? Again this was in my past, i don't do it any more.

Diet is a dirty word for me, I don't diet my road to fitness is a lifestyle change. I've gone from a size 20 to a size 8 since Feb 06 206 and I'm sticking with what I've done to protect the innocent.
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options

Yes it makes sense lol
    Im just wondering if, this could be the problem of allot of peoples, "I've hit a plateau threads i see so often"
    Just a theory of mine :smile:
    And yes being a social person, it does make things tough, i agree. It takes an iron will and thick skin to brush off the weird looks lol

maybe - when i indulge in something I shouldn't add to my normal every day eating habits ("DIET"/"LIFESTLYLE" whatever LOL :)) it certainly slows down how my body is changing! I wouldn't call that a plateau though - I would say a plateau is like months of not losing right? For me anyway that's what I would say.

ohhh and my diary is blank for like the last 10 days 'cause I was camping in the middle of no where ;)
  • hrtoftx
    hrtoftx Posts: 32
    Options
    This is a lifestye change for me not a diet. Its the only way that I can look at it to keep it up. I log my food every day and try never to go over. I workout every day so that helps also. I have got to do this for me....some of my family looks at me odd when I get a to go container right when my food comes to the table and I half it right off the bat. They call me Obsessive about this.....I think whatever works for me and I NEVER force how I choose to eat on anyone else.
  • WillPowerYes
    WillPowerYes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    deleted, i'll try to correct my technical error and post again.