30 Day Shred.....Lets Support Each Other!

Options

Replies

• cheeky1095
    cheeky1095 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi! New to this site! My goal is to lose 10 more LBS! I re started the shred yesterday! I did it a few months go but got to level 2 and stopped for no real reason. I am working out a a gym too when I can so I do 30 min on the elyptical and 30 min weights there. Also walks on most days with my kids and dog. I also am very active with my kids who are age 2 and 1. I have lost 35lbs with weight watchers and just can't seem to get the last 10lbs off for the life of me! I really hope this site helps witht he support and motivation to stick with the 30 day shred and get those last 10lbs off for good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well done for you losing so much, I have lost 10lb by walking & doing 30DS every day for the last 27 days. So with your activity levels, 30DS & the help of MFP I bet you will drop the 10lbs in no time :smile:

Thank you so much! the gym kicked my butt today, but I think I will do shred while the kids nap too! Thats for the motivation! I can't wait for my ticker at the bottom to show my weight loss #!!!!!
    I always do the shred first thing in the morning when the lil' princess is having a nap, I like to get it out the way then go for a walk in the afternoon with her. Where on earth do you find the time & energy to go the gym with such lil' babies? I have an 11 month old & 9 year old, I would love to go the gym but just don't have enough hours in the day. I can't wait for my youngest to go to nursery so I can start back at the gym again haha
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of Level 2 Complete. I really suffered doing it this morning but that was due to sleep deprivation. I couldn't slakc off as a peanut gallery (my 3 kids) give me advice re my technique. I like dong it first thing as I know that it is out of theway, I feel energised for the rest of the day and if I am feeling good I can do some more exercise.

Myclothes are starting to fit so much better.
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of level 2 complete. I woke up with my shoulders aching but pushed through the shred. Couldn't do the walk down push up/planks with straight legs today but managed all the plank/squats - Anita style though. I think I'm going to have a love/hate relationship with level 2.
  • krbates84
    krbates84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 2 of Level 1 and I already feel the soreness. I am sticking with it though! I went power walking for about 45 minutes yesterday too. Good luck everyone! Keep it up!
  • Brizoeller
    Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 9 of level 2. I hate level 2 lol but it does get easier. I have been getting up at 5:30 to do it before i get myself and my son ready for work and it is such a good way to wake up!! Gets my day started out right. For those of you just starting, it definitely works. I havent lost pounds but i have definition and am losing inches. It works if you work it, just stick with it :) Good luck everyone! me included, don't know what level 3 will have in store for me...eeek!!
  • strawberrygashes
    strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but has anyone else notice Natalie cheat during the bicep curls with lunges? I thought I was seeing things at first, so looked out for it and she definitely does. As the camera moves over to Anita, you see Natalie continue with the bicep curls, but she doesn't do her lunges for about 2-3 times. And for Jillian to say 'they don't even cheat behind my back' lol...

Has anyone else seen this???

Completed day 7 today, few more days till lvl 2 :)
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I finished my blog with all results and pics.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/dlpnrn2b
  • paodream
    paodream Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm going to start 30 days shred... PLEASEEEE POST PICTURES of before and after.
    ALWAYS helps to give some motivation and keep going.. If you can then everyone can
    :)
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    They are in my blog but here are before and final

all the others are in blog with measurements..
    beforeshredcollage.jpg
    bikinicollage.jpg

]http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/dlpnrn2b
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but has anyone else notice Natalie cheat during the bicep curls with lunges? I thought I was seeing things at first, so looked out for it and she definitely does. As the camera moves over to Anita, you see Natalie continue with the bicep curls, but she doesn't do her lunges for about 2-3 times. And for Jillian to say 'they don't even cheat behind my back' lol...

Hahaaaa I noticed this when I was on day 4, I would get proper riled up & shout you lazy cow at the tv. I bet she sits on her *kitten* everytime she is out of view from the camera :laugh:
  • amanda_danielle18
    amanda_danielle18 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just started 30 Days Shred today! and HOLY **** it's a killer hahaha! I'm just used to doing Zumba 3 times a week, and although it gives me a good workout, it's NOTHING like 30DS! It's going to be a very difficult month for me, but I am going to TRY my hardest, try harder than I ever have before to get through this! I'm 239 lbs right now, and hope to lose quite a bit with this program! Feel free to add me as a friend so we can share our journey together! :) I'll definitely need the support!
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    They are in my blog but here are before and final

all the others are in blog with measurements..
    beforeshredcollage.jpg
    bikinicollage.jpg

]http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/dlpnrn2b
    Soooo proud of you hun, you have worked so hard to get that amazing body. Including your 3 level Jillian Marathon, crazy lady :wink:
  • TGKvr
    TGKvr Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    So I'm not going to read all 20 pages of this thread but... I'm considering starting this and I have a couple of questions. First, do you think it would be as effective to do vertical or incline push ups instead of the standard or modified? I am recovering from knee injuries and can't do the knee versions. Also - for the weights. I have 5# dumbbell weights and 3# wrist weights... I'm thinking 5# is too much to start off with, and rather than go out and buy anything new I'm wondering if the wrist weights would work as well? Or maybe holding the wrist weights instead of strapping them on?
  • strawberrygashes
    Options

Hahaaaa I noticed this when I was on day 4, I would get proper riled up & shout you lazy cow at the tv. I bet she sits on her *kitten* everytime she is out of view from the camera :laugh:

Lololol that made me giggle!!
    I really couldn't believe what I was seeing haha and she's meant to be the one to look upto to, the one your meant to want to be like (in terms of succeeding with non-modified moves) how dare she cheat!!!! :laugh:
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options

I really couldn't believe what I was seeing haha and she's meant to be the one to look upto to, the one your meant to want to be like (in terms of succeeding with non-modified moves) how dare she cheat!!!! :laugh:

I totally saw her cheating the 2nd day. I yelled so loud my husband thought I was hurt and came running. I was like look at that ***** totally cheating. She cheated. I swear she cheated! My husband just rolled around LOL'ing at me. He finally said well from looking at her, I don't think she makes it a regular habit.
  • cheeky1095
    Options

I look at her near the end of round 3, level 1 & see all that sweat on her face & chest then think....you lazy cow, you cheat & that is not sweat it is probably baby oil or water :laugh: I have only 2 days left until I have completed 30DS & have noticed that throughout each level there is a point where the modified lady (I forgot her name, Anita maybe?!) puts alot more effort in than Natalie from squatting lower to maybe jumping higher. I don't want to be like Natalie = A skiver when nobody is looking :wink: :laugh:
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    I totally saw her cheating the 2nd day. I yelled so loud my husband thought I was hurt and came running. I was like look at that ***** totally cheating. She cheated. I swear she cheated! My husband just rolled around LOL'ing at me. He finally said well from looking at her, I don't think she makes it a regular habit.
    [/quote]

^^^^ My god Deedsie this just had me laughing, sooo funny :o)
  • emmalou2206
    emmalou2206 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My dvd arrived on Monday but not done it yet. I must stop putting it off and do it tomorrow. Only time I get is around 6.30 in the morning
  • jess_1993
    jess_1993 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Question for all of you guys doing the 30 day shred, do you do this workout alone or do you also do other workouts later on in the day as well? It's a 20 minute workout and although I know their tough 20 minutes I don't think I'll feel fully satisfied from just doing 20 minutes a day. Right now i'm doing extreme shed and shred and even though level one kills me, i'm not satisfied until I finish level 2 as well so I can complete my hour a day. And for the people who are already getting results, are these results coming from only these 20 minutes daily?? (including a calorie deficiet of course)
  • strawberrygashes
    Options

Lmao!!!! That's so funny...
    I was thinking, man look at her muscles and SHE CHEATS??? What's up with that! I haven't skipped any of these workouts so I best make some muscle from doing this if she cheats in her workouts and has the muscle she does :laugh:
    I'm glad others noticed aswel.. I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned it, particularly when we're working our butts off!! I think Anita does the most out of all of it and she does the modified moves!