30 Day Shred.....Lets Support Each Other!

Options

Replies

• cheeky1095
    cheeky1095 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    LOL Level 2... I almost died. The third day it feels...slightly better. I think I've given Jill the finger three times. :smokin:

I scream "I hate you Jillian" or "F*** off Jullian" quite a lot since starting level 2.
    Haha I love this
  • lyrical87
    lyrical87 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Starting 30DS D1L1 today, wish me luck! lol
  • SerahLaffere
    SerahLaffere Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to do it till I lose the weight, I wanna tone up my muscles not fat ;)
  • sassykayleigh
    Options
    I'm on day 10 of L1 so I'm starting Level 2 tomorrow and I'm so scared omg
  • Sneakypeek1972
    Options
    I'm thinking of doing this workout once ive shed some more pounds, but im afraid to gain muscles, ive seen alot of before and after pics and alot of the females have muscles and its something i dont really want, i want to maybe have a very slight definition of looking toned etc, so maybe i shouldnt do the 30 day shred lol, but to all that are and will ,, well done and good luck :)
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Really needs to join this group....
    What a great job everyone has done!! Looking forward to getting it started today.
  • skschuler
    skschuler Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I've started 30DS a couple of time this month but just haven't been able to string together more than two or three days in a row. However I was able to do 12 push ups in a row yesterday and i think I started at 4 so I was pretty excited about that. I also started changing my weights depending on the moves too. I use 3lb for the squats and shoulder lifts but 5lb for the rows and the flies. I think if I can get it in everyday this week I'll move on to L2.
  • jazzrose007
    jazzrose007 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Also doing the 30 day shred. I'm on level 2 day 3 and it kicks you butt. Love it!!
  • butlera8
    butlera8 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I completed 30 days yesterday and I am SO GLAD it is all over now and my muscles can finally heal and relax! I gave 110% yesterday and I am so pleased and proud of myself that I managed to do full 30 days, without any days off.

My results are not as great as some of yours guys, but I've lost 7cm / 2.8in off my stomach, which is my biggest problem area, of which I am even more proud of! On top of that, 4cm / 1.6in off my upper waist. I took before and after pictures and after seeing them side by side I can FINALLY see that my mid-section is getting toned!

To all of you still going through the workout - KEEP GOING! You will get there, don't sweat (pun not intended!) over the loss of cms / inches too much - you will definitely lose some, but most importantly you will feel so much stronger by the end of this workout and this strength will give you the boost and motivation to continue the hard work!

Good luck everyone! I will be back doing 30DS in July / August - I need to take a break from seeing Jillian's face every day! ;-)

Congrats! How long before you saw results?
  • cheeky1095
    cheeky1095 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to do it till I lose the weight, I wanna tone up my muscles not fat ;)
    Tone fat?! I've never heard of this before. In the 25 days of doing 30DS I have lost 10lbs. 30DS contributes towards weight loss as well as strengthening & toning. You actually only do 3 minutes of ab work, the rest is strength training & cradio. Strength training is scientifically proven to burn fat alot quicker than cardio, try it, you maybe surprised :smile:
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 10 of L1 so I'm starting Level 2 tomorrow and I'm so scared omg

Me too. I am hoping that all this talk about Level 2 being dire is just talk.
  • Rabbitfeet
    Rabbitfeet Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I really want to do this! I am going on holidays in 14 days though so I am not sure if i should do it for 14 days and then start again when i get back or just do it until i go and then start again from the beginning when i get back. I am feeling scared and lazy! :P
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 10 level 1. My arms are jelly again from those side lunge/arm raises but I did them all - yay!
    My poor wrist is hurting again so might take a day off before starting level 2. I've got something on tomorrow night anyway, and after starting the Shred on a Tues I don't want to go thought that mega soreness again while I have to look after 30 kids!
    Progress from level 1 is 2lbs lost (+ the one I gained at the start) and 0.5cm from my neck. I'll measure again properly in the morning and take my pics then. Hopefully I start seeing inches go in level 2 although I am thrilled I'm now in the 160s! Yay.
  • 2012NSR
    2012NSR Posts: 51
    Options
    I have just received my copy of 30DS in the post this morning from Amazon. Starting tomorrow morning. SO SCARED!!!
  • kaimi2011
    kaimi2011 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i just popped my dvd in yesterday. is it possible to do this at 5'6" and almost 195 pounds? :( I watched level 1 and think it's very doable but when do u move to level 2? after 1 week, 2 weeks, etc..??thanks.
  • liz0906
    liz0906 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today! Add me so we can motivate each other!

386097.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    i just popped my dvd in yesterday. is it possible to do this at 5'6" and almost 195 pounds? :( I watched level 1 and think it's very doable but when do u move to level 2? after 1 week, 2 weeks, etc..??thanks.
    I start Level 2 today. I did the first level M-F for 2 weeks, and I will do the other levels the same way. Instead of finishing in 30 days, it will take about 6 weeks for me. I also work out with weights 5 days a week, so I felt my body needed a break from Jilian! On top of that, it is hard on a 50 yr old body LOL. Be sure to stretch more than she suggests. Good luck!~
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Progress from level 1 is 2lbs lost (+ the one I gained at the start) and 0.5cm from my neck. I'll measure again properly in the morning and take my pics then. Hopefully I start seeing inches go in level 2 although I am thrilled I'm now in the 160s! Yay.
    Great job!! I start level 2 today!
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    CLARE: I'm thinking of doing this workout once ive shed some more pounds, but im afraid to gain muscles, ive seen alot of before and after pics and alot of the females have muscles and its something i dont really want, i want to maybe have a very slight definition of looking toned etc, so maybe i shouldnt do the 30 day shred lol, but to all that are and will ,, well done and good luck :)

Unless you're very low in body fat, the 30DS workout alone will not result in TONS of muscle, to the point where you look like Mrs. T. It requires a lot of working out, strength training, and high high protein ratio in order to become very muscular.
    30DS will help you lose weight and gain some muscle mass, but you will not even come close to body building competition level.

Conclusion: do NOT be scared about doing 30DS if you think you'll get too muscular. You won't.

Be sure to take pictures BEFORE, DURING, and AFTER.
    Trust me.

Amanda

(I'm done w/ Day 27 of 30DS. Even w/ my heavy heavy lifting, I'm not even close to being muscular. It has help me sculpt off some of the fat.)
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Day 29 COMPLETED!! Tomorrow is day 30, I am so happy to say I made it through this.. Do not give up everyone, you can do this and you will be amazed at the difference in strength you will gain. I will probably update my thread with pics and measurements tomorrow evening or Wednesday A.M. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/585093-30-day-shred-work-in-progess-pics