30 Day Shred.....Lets Support Each Other!

Options

Replies

• sch7355
    sch7355 Posts: 55
    Options
    After seeing and reading everyone's success on here with the 30 Day Shred, I'm going to start it myself on Monday. I'm nervous, but look forward to seeing the results!
  • strawberrygashes
    strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Day 2, level 1 complete. It seemed harder than yday especially those side lunges, ouch!! I think I could do with lighter weights just for the side lunges, I can manage all the others with my 2kg weights.

Does anyone else alternate weights?
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    After seeing and reading everyone's success on here with the 30 Day Shred, I'm going to start it myself on Monday. I'm nervous, but look forward to seeing the results!
    Good for you and good luck!
  • Mary_Kate
    Mary_Kate Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Holy Smokes!! Just finished day 1 of level 2. I'm a sweaty red-faced mess. ha.

Had to stop so many times, just couldn't handle so many of the moves like the plank thrusts...crazy! and the chair squats with the v arms thingy. But, considering I was like this at the beginning of level 1 I'm excited to see myself improve with all of these moves. Whoo!

I'm away on a residential trip with my class for a couple of days, debated bringing the workout with me but I think I will have my hands full with the kids and will be exhausted from looking after 30 kids so will have to get back into it on Wednesday night. I just hope I don't lose the stamina and strength that I've building up.

Good luck all you shreddies!
  • debwaid
    Options
    Day 2, level 1 complete. It seemed harder than yday especially those side lunges, ouch!! I think I could do with lighter weights just for the side lunges, I can manage all the others with my 2kg weights.

I don't alternate any weights at this point but could see where you would! Shoulder raises are hard for me!
  • debwaid
    Options
    Alright, so I need a little push.

Yesterday I had my heart ripped out of my chest by a guy. Now, I'm a tough broad, but let's just say, I didn't shred yesterday and I'll be honest, I don't think I'm going to today. (I did go to the gym yesterday and get beaten by my trainer before the **** hit the fan, but not shred...) Still, my thought is keep busting *kitten*, get gorgeous, meet soul mate, live well, get the best possible revenge when he see you skinny and happy.

He has lost. YOU have gained!!!! (and not weight!)
    *This!!! Great job tooo!
  • debwaid
    Options
    So I just started (or attempted to start) the 30 day shred today. I am in my last days of a cold so I tried to start today but am going to wait until maybe Sunday when I am 100%. I have small question though. I am hoping it's just because I am sick but I had to stop for a couple breathers (more than 5 seconds) I know she says to push through since it's only 20 minutes or you won't see the results but if you physically can't do 20 minutes straight and take maybe a 1-2 minute breather is that bad? Like you won't see results or not as good results?
    You will see results! She says this because she is pushing you to work harder, which you should do!! If you were working with a personal trainer, that person would push you too! Good luck!
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options

I don't alternate any weights at this point but could see where you would! Shoulder raises are hard for me!

same here Deb, my upper body is a lot weaker because I never thought it needed anything but oh was I wrong!!
  • 1nyrealtor
    1nyrealtor Posts: 1
    Options
    I love 30 Day Shred. I do it when I only have 30 min to workout. I like P90X too but they are all 1 hour long.
  • butlera8
    butlera8 Posts: 130 Member
    Options

I alternate when I feel I need to.
  • Franmagick
    Franmagick Posts: 18
    Options
    Got the DVD in the post, today is my rest day so starting tomorrow! Reading through this has made me so excited to start!
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Shred day 9 - dooone! For some reason I found it super hard today. Not sure if it's the heat, the 'toothache diet' causing me to have less energy or what. My arms were pretty much dead after 2 of the modified pushups! At least the tooth is starting to feel a bit better so I can tuck into a nice steak later and get my protein levels up. :) Can't believe I've made it this far. Hopefully there's a difference on the scale or in inches when I measure after day 10 (well, start of day 11) but knowing my luck there won't be.
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options

I have 2lbs, 5lbs and 10lbs. The shoulder lifts and squat raises I do with 2lbs (my shoulders are SO weak!) the 5lbs for bicep curls, then the 10lbs for chest flies and rows. I do what tires me out by the end, but that I can actually finish. SOmetimes, 10 is too high to do the whole set so I go to 5lbs or some such.
  • BlowYourMind
    BlowYourMind Posts: 162
    Options
    LOL Level 2... I almost died. The third day it feels...slightly better. I think I've given Jill the finger three times. :smokin:
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    LOL Level 2... I almost died. The third day it feels...slightly better. I think I've given Jill the finger three times. :smokin:

If I can get my act in gear tonight, I will be doing it later. If not tonight, hopefully tomorrow, but man it will be Day 1 of Level 2 and I both fear and long for the variety!! Level 1 was making my teeth sweat!
  • duvalchick02
    Options
    I will be starting the shred on tomorrow or Monday. Motivated to actually do it for 30 days. Excited!!!
  • yallcallmedeb
    yallcallmedeb Posts: 294
    Options
    I did Level 3, Day 2 the other day and it was sooooo much harder than Day 1! What's going on here????
  • alinakaras
    alinakaras Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I completed 30 days yesterday and I am SO GLAD it is all over now and my muscles can finally heal and relax! I gave 110% yesterday and I am so pleased and proud of myself that I managed to do full 30 days, without any days off.

My results are not as great as some of yours guys, but I've lost 7cm / 2.8in off my stomach, which is my biggest problem area, of which I am even more proud of! On top of that, 4cm / 1.6in off my upper waist. I took before and after pictures and after seeing them side by side I can FINALLY see that my mid-section is getting toned!

To all of you still going through the workout - KEEP GOING! You will get there, don't sweat (pun not intended!) over the loss of cms / inches too much - you will definitely lose some, but most importantly you will feel so much stronger by the end of this workout and this strength will give you the boost and motivation to continue the hard work!

Good luck everyone! I will be back doing 30DS in July / August - I need to take a break from seeing Jillian's face every day! ;-)
  • Legals81
    Legals81 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

I scream "I hate you Jillian" or "F*** off Jullian" quite a lot since starting level 2.
  • cheeky1095
    cheeky1095 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    After vowing I would not take a break from 30DS this weekend got the better of me. It was my anniversary on saturday, so I did my workout planning on eating healthy, then my partner suprised me & took me to the beach to enjoy the sunshine & drink lots of alcohol :drinker: I felt ruff as heck on sunday, so I took a day off from Jillian, eating & drinking healthy.
    Today I felt awful as in my body felt sluggish from all the cr*p I've eaten & drunk so couldn't wait to get back to it today. I'm on day 25 & felt sooo good when I finshed my workout, I'm so much stronger being able to alternate my weights & do hard/easy moves incorporated throughout Level 3. I love the fact I can do all of the plank raises at the begining & all of the travelling push-ups, I remember on day 1 I couldn't do 1 push-up so the workout is definately working :happy:
    Roll on 5 days so I can taek my measurements & pictures. Keep up the good work everyone :smile: