How many people actually diet 7 days a week?

Options

Replies

• PinkKitty724
    PinkKitty724 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I do. But that may change this summer since we spend more time with friends and boating.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I log and stay within my calorie limit every day that ends with d-a-y. I also work out 6 days. I am motivated this time like no other. :happy:
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Nope, I am quite satisfied with my calorie goal at the moment. It allows me to eat what I want, so I don't need splurge days.
    ^this :)
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I re-taught myself how to loooove healthy food over the past couple of years so even when I go over, it is usually with broccoli, bananas, nuts or melon ;). I did give up the scale recently because it was frustrating me but I have had many results in many different ways, mainly with the inches and ways my clothes are fitting me. I let the scale define me for too long so I have broken out of that prison and it feels great!! Everyone notices I have lost weight now so that is more important to me anyway.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I log everyday (unless I'm some where with no internet). It's something I need to do or I tend to "forget" what I eat during the day and go overboard.
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to log every day, and not skip any. I do want the scale to move, and quickly, so I don't really think I can afford to be skipping days!! And for me, when I splurge, I do some real nice damage... haha so yeah I have to be careful :)
  • dorkusmalorkus
    Options
    eh...i keep under my calorie goal every day, but some days are too crazy with everything else going on to keep my head straight about amounts and what of remembered to log them in by the time i get home which is usually pretty freaking late.
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a diet! I am making sensible choices and making sure I'm not over eating. :wink: Not to mention living an active and healthy lifestyle!

I log ever day of the week, even if I go over or am on holiday etc...So far so good!
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I do not have a "cheat" day. But I will allow myself an unhealthy choice now and then within my calorie range. And I'm steadily losing 1-3lbs a week.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    i try to log everyday but the weekends I'm usually very busy
  • littlelaurie14
    littlelaurie14 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I don't diet... :grumble:
    Lol, but yes, I don't log as often on the weekends because they're usually so busy. And I do tend to go over my calorie goal, but I don't stress it. :smokin:
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I log every day. Most days I don't go over, although I've been known to have more than one glass of wine on the weekends. :)
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Some days I'm wayyyyyyyy over but i still try to count it as a bit of a history record.

Times when I get lazy are like chinese buffet or all you can eat sushi.... i just log those as1200-1500 general cals.

Like someone said... to be at a social event with apps & stuff like that, it really does ruin it to be on your phone logging... i try to remember & log but it's not easy :(
  • FearTheFool
    FearTheFool Posts: 29
    Options
    The app makes it so easy to track, so I track everything. Even if we go out for tea or have a takeaway I just go for the nearest thing I can find. For example I had chicken nuggets and a chicken burger with chips for tea last night from our local takeaway. They don't give nutritional information so I entered it as McDonalds 6 piece Chicken Nuggets and Nando's chicken burger with chips.

Before when I ate something bad I wouldn't even attempt to track it. Then I'd binge for the rest of the day; so I figure even if my tracking is inaccurate (as in 100 calories ish off) it's still better than not recording it at all. Most days I still hit my target even if I do splurge. If I go of the wagon in the morning actually tracking it has brought my day back on track. That never happened when I didn't track- I'd just think I'd messed up the whole day and go completely off the rails. Progress!
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'll admit it- I don't usually log on the weekends, and I don't think that makes me a bad person/bad dieter/bad MFP user....lol. To each their own I guess. I try and have some self control and not go on a full out binge on the weekends. I use MFP to log some meals, but usually guesstimate (is this a word...:) my caloric intake on the weekends. I think the thing that has made the biggest difference for me is is how aware I am of what I eat. Before, I was clueless about food/nutrition. I overate everyday, all day long. Now, even without logging on weekends, I am mindful of what I eat!
  • kettle_belle83
    kettle_belle83 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I log everyday. Even if I decide to splurge I log it. LIke someone else said I consider this a lifestyle change and it's not about being on a diet. It's ok to indulge every now and then.
  • neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat every day of the week, including today.I had McDonald's for lunch, which I almost never eat. I was on the run but made healthier choices because I'm doing this as a lifestyle change, not a diet. I use the smartphone app so I can't make excuses to myself that I'm "too busy" because even at my busiest, I'm sure I can find the time to log in. Since it's a lifestyle change and not a diet, I find it helpful to log in all the time and give me an objective perspective of what I'm eating.

Now, do I go over on my calories? Sure, it happens from time to time (no one is perfect) but I'm going to allow myself to "splurge" I should see the results of my decisions...even if I don't like the little red numbers that pop up on occasion :grumble: Someone has to hold me accountable, so it might as well be myself :laugh:
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the reply guys, its great to hear all the different points of views on here. Nice to see everyone has their different ways of achieving their goals. But back to my theory, how plausible do you guys think, allot of the "I've hit a plateau threads" here on mfp could be down to weekend skipping, ie calculating a deficit worked out on a 7 day week but only adhering to it for 5, hence blank diary entry's on weekends?
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I do, and I log everything. I think the last time I forgot to log something was last month. I try to be very accurate and even log a cup of tea or celery even if it's no calories. I've become obsessed with logging and I'll even take my phone out when I'm out to dinner to add food to MFP. I'm not an extremely healthy eater and will eat ice cream and chips sometimes, so I need to log obsessively to hold myself accountable for the crap I do eat. If I'm not losing weight I can look back on my diary and pinpoint exactly why.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    24x7x365 It's not a diet, it is a lifestyle change. I don't consider weekends or holidays an excuse to change my lifestyle for. Same with exercise. I do it in some form or another every day. No reason is good enough not to.