Do you use the same bath towel every day??

Options

Replies

• lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    If it's a Norwex towel once a week, regular towel one use only.
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    lmbo what a topic...interesting b/c I shower alot and ever since I started running I shower a whole lot more...b4 I run ...doesnt matter I always shower b4 so if I run early in the am on a cool day I may or may not change towels for the rtn trip lol
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I change it about twice a week. More than that is just too much for a single guy. That being said, I don't see anything wrong with changing it more often if you are able to do it more often.
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I use a new towel every time.

Sure you are clean, but your rub your skin with the towel and the thought of skin cells schluffing off onto the towel or what if the part of the towel you used to dry your butt is the part your are drying your face off with next time...

Nope.
    Fresh towel for a fresh shower

You and me!:laugh:
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I usually use 2 a week.. I hang it up on the towel rack to dry, and usually when I take a shower in the eve, its already dry from the morning, unless its in the worst of summer. And I live in a warm, humid area, so damp towels laying around shouldnt be that big of a problem?
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I'm weird about this too. I use two towels... One I wrap my hair in and one to dry myself. The one i used to dry myself with today will be hung up and used as my hair towel tomorrow. And today's hair towel went in the laundry. So two uses in rotation. Did that make sense?? Ha
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Yeah I use the same one for like a week.
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm weird about this too. I use two towels... One I wrap my hair in and one to dry myself. The one i used to dry myself with today will be hung up and used as my hair towel tomorrow. And today's hair towel went in the laundry. So two uses in rotation. Did that make sense?? Ha

Haha I like that system!
  • MrsAngelique
    MrsAngelique Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I use two as well but have a few extras. I wash them about 1 x week or when they stop smelling like Downey. I enjoy the fresh smell :)
  • Girlwithnoname77
    Girlwithnoname77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have to say this has been an interesting post to me. My husband complains I wash them too often but then, my sense of smell is far better than his .......... Thank God!

I wash the towels at least twice a week, more when the weather permits for the husband and kids. I love fresh towels, and do what someone else already posted. I rotate the uses. I use used towels on the floor for gathering up the water. Especially in my kids bathroom as goodness knows how, but the water ends up EVERYWHERE!

If I had the time and weather was perfect, I'd use fresh towels every day for the four of us!
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Yup, same towel everyday as I only do my laundry once a week......
  • DerDude
    DerDude Posts: 170
    Options
    youre CLEAN when you use them haha!

I prob use 2/3 per week...

This! :bigsmile:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    We reuse our towels to conserve wash water and energy. We use the same towel for about a week then wash (hang up to dry so they don't get moldy).
  • BigH80
    BigH80 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I only use mine once. but i wait to build up a load before washing them,
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Ewe, no...But, my husband, yes...oh, and I use one towel for the body, one towel for my hair, and one small towel for my face, and of course a washcloth...I got a bunch of towels as shower gifts, six years ago.....My peeps knew I was a water baby!
  • honeybee3917
    honeybee3917 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I wash the towels once a week but we use new ones after every shower or bath. I am so over the top that I buy only white ones and bleach them. I like things to match :)
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I use mine until they smell yukky too. Unsure how long that takes - maybe a week. I hang them between showers and they dry thoroughly.

If we have guests they are washed as soon as the guests leaves, even if that's a single use - because, you know, cooties. lol.

I love to wash towels - but it's a waste of detergent and electricity - not to mention wear and tear on the fabric to wash too often.
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I wash my bath towels after 2 uses.
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I prefer to wash them after every use but my SO hangs them up and lets them dry and uses them several times. Me and my co-workers have discussed this before and some of them recylce them. Use them to dry their body one day and then use them to step out on the next and then wash. I don't know. It just bugs me and I want to wash them every time I use one.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Once a week when I do my laundry. I'd rather them hung up to dry between use than used once and stinking out my washing basket. :sick: