Do you use the same bath towel every day??

Options

Replies

• Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I wash mine once a week. Sometimes I'll grab a new one before the week is up, but not often.
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I use mine for about three or four showers, but I hang it to dry in between and I alternate between two towels. To be honest, I wish I could wash it more often, but that would mean more trips to the laundromat and I really don't want to/don't have enough quarters to do that!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing!! And to be honest I think it's weird that other people think it's weird that we do that. :laugh:

I don't think it's weird, I'd love to have fresh towels (and sheets) every day.
    But, I think it's wasteful - how much water are you using to wash towels everyday? Maybe that doesn't matter in some parts of the world, but its a big deal here. And I wouldn't be prepared to pay the power or take the time either!
  • ColleenAtherton
    ColleenAtherton Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You're all washed and clean after a bath and you use the towel only to dry yourself. So why wash the towel after every use? Once a week is good enough IMO.

I agree!
  • sageskye
    sageskye Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I use a new towel every time.

Sure you are clean, but your rub your skin with the towel and the thought of skin cells schluffing off onto the towel or what if the part of the towel you used to dry your butt is the part your are drying your face off with next time...

Nope.
    Fresh towel for a fresh shower

My thoughts exactly! I always use a fresh towel too.
  • Slim_Donna
    Slim_Donna Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I wash mine once a week and always hang towels out to dry after use. I think it's a total waste of detergent, water and energy to wash them after each use. I also wouldn't get the time or space to do this if i washed towels for every person in the house after each use.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    About once a week. I mean, you're clean when you're using it.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    One use and they get washed. But we have enough towels so that we only have to wash a load of towels about once a week.
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Ewwwww of course I don't use the same one every day! Who does that?!?!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    About once a week, maybe a little more often if they have any kind of stale funk. I use one on my hair, turban style, and one on my body, and hang them to dry when I'm done.
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I do now. I use to not. I got a really bad staph infection last year, and now I am a little OCD clean about a LOT of stuff. lol
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    Wednesday - new sheets, new towels.

Then again, I take 5 showers a week at the gym, with their towels, so mine only gets used once or twice per week.
  • jmidolo
    jmidolo Posts: 1
    Options
    We use the same towels for 2 days, then change them.
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    3 x is the max in our house
  • KacieHetrick
    KacieHetrick Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    New one every time I shower, which is sometimes twice a day!
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I use the same one Monday - Saturday then wash them on Sunday. I don't have my own washer and dryer so I only do laundry once a week at a laundrymat. When I lived at home, my mom washed them after every use and I believe she still does. This was something I started when I moved out on my own to college to save money on laundry, etc. I generally only do laundry once a week even when I did have a washer and dryer in my apartment.

They just get wet and then when I hang it up over the shower, it's dry by the next day. No big deal.
  • Chelle_Davis
    Chelle_Davis Posts: 241
    Options
    I use a new towel every time.

Sure you are clean, but your rub your skin with the towel and the thought of skin cells schluffing off onto the towel or what if the part of the towel you used to dry your butt is the part your are drying your face off with next time...

Nope.
    Fresh towel for a fresh shower

^^This. I don't think you're weird at all, love.
  • lu136mickey
    lu136mickey Posts: 202
    Options
    Hmmm, maybe that's why my towels unravel so often! I know I'm clean when I use them, but it still makes me think, yuck!
    This, I use different one every time I take shower and I use small one for my hair, even though I am clean you would not know if you dried your butt or your feet with that part of the towel and then your face the next day lol. Or even worse when you hang your towel up in the bathroom to reuse anybody might use the towel to dry their hands the kids could get the floor wet and use your towel to sop it up and you would never know hehe
  • Dlopez678
    Dlopez678 Posts: 97
    Options
    Damp towels breed bacteria. I don't think you're weird :flowerforyou: I'm a two-use-max person myself.

Thanks! I feel better, if only one person thinks I'm not weird!:bigsmile:

I am the same way.. about two uses..
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Once per week:bigsmile: