Food you thought you hated, but now Love

Options
Venturin
Venturin Posts: 244 Member
Maybe our tastes change as we mature, or maybe we finally try a food we always thought would be nasty and wind up loving.

What are your food you now love but either didn't or didn't think you would?

Here's mine;

Brussels Sprouts - Hated them as a kid! But now, roasted in the oven at 370 degrees for 45 minutes with kosher salt and ground pepper... YUM!

Raw Oysters - They just look nasty. But one day when alcohol made me brave I tried one, and I loved it.

Prunes - I thought you only ate them when you wanted help in the bathroom. Nope! They're yummy

Replies

• GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Sardines. Always thought they would be nasty but I accidentally order them on a pizza when I was in Italy. That was a delicious pizza.
  • newking
    newking Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts!
    artichoke hearts
  • babycook
    babycook Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Brown rice.
    I've tried quinoa. Not found of it. And I should get a strainer small enough to rinse it well before. That's probably the problem.
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Never used to like avocado and now it's an almost daily consumed item!
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Hummus and avocado
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Spinach.. Yumm! I have no idea why I never liked it, may have just been the name. Now I eat it in everything. I have also come to love oatmeal.
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Asparagus and onions.

I don't consume either one of them "almost daily," but I used to hate them and now I love them!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Fish. I think I was tricked into dislike by those overprocessed, overcooked fish sticks we were served as kids. I'm learning all kinds of new ways to cook it and enjoy it.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt - to an extent. I still don't get the love affair with the stuff. It's just so thick and gaggy! But I finally found one I can tolerate and actually really enjoy - voskos honey vanilla bean. It's all natural and the perfect mid-morning snack, with a tablespoon of bear claw granola mixed in.

Now Chobani - blechhhh! Have yet to find a flavor of that I can stomach.

Luckily, I've always been a fan of the presumably gross green veggies - spinach, lima beans, brussels sprouts. Of course, I grew up on malt vinegar, so a little malt vinegar on any green veggie works for me, especially since I will no longer be having delicious french fries with malt vinegar.
  • Izanami66
    Izanami66 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Onion and cottage cheese.... not together, of course. :wink: I still have a bit of trouble eating raw onion, but I love them grilled, carmelized, and in pico. I used to think cottage cheese was :sick: , but now, I've found it's a wonderful filling and protein rich snack! Yay!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    OMG there are LOTS. I've taken the stance that I'll try anything again since I now love the following. I do however draw the line at liver. That is some nasty stuff. I'd try squid over liver ANY DAY!!!!!

Brussel Sprouts
    Spinach
    Asparagus
    Pork
    Sausage
    Mustard
    the list goes on.
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    olives
    beetroot
    radish
    tofu

Still waiting to like celery though! It's evil :devil:
  • Reana27
    Reana27 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Breakfast.

I never ate breakfast before, but now every morning I have some yogurt, fresh berries and a slice of wheat toast. It seems to be the perfect start to my day!!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, but only if it has fruit in it
    Peanut butter
    Tomatoes
    Peppers
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    -Salmon
    -Yogurt
    -Cottage Cheese
    -Ahi Tuna
  • LaSweetMini
    LaSweetMini Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    avacado!
  • CdnPgnMom
    CdnPgnMom Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Squash! I hated it as a kid and then my chef uncle made it one Christmas and I've been eating it ever since!
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Onions !! Love them now!!

Oh and sweet potatoes!
  • aleexFIT
    aleexFIT Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    SO MUCH.

Brussel Sprouts
    Cucumber
    Natural Yoghurt