Hey Fat Girl....

Options

Replies

• jocelynna
    jocelynna Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I had begun running and then stopped, but have recently began picking it up again. This is just what I needed to read to keep me on the right track!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I think every single overweight person that exercises in fear of someone thinking they arent good enough to be there.... needs to write this on their livingroom wall.

Its true.

Its SO true.

Few things make me as happy as seeing an overweight person exercising. Seeing someone grabbing their life back is so beautiful and powerful to me. It makes me completely forget all my frustration with those that sit around making excuses and complaining about how they dont feel like it.

You are a hero. You really are.

Beautiful and powerful and completely the point.
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    That was beutiful & made me tear up a little bit. :cry: I hope to be that fat girl Sunday when I start the C25K program. I must do it, I spent $127 on New Balance runner! :blushing:
  • Jessie1227
    Jessie1227 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bump --- to read later since everyone seems to get teary-eyed. I can't cry at work... LOL
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, that made me cry... How awesome!!! Thanks for sharing.
  • yuliyax
    yuliyax Posts: 288
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    As I wipe the tears from my eyes, I realize that not everyone is staring at me in the gym in disgust. Thank you for your post. {{{HUGS}}} :flowerforyou:
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love this. I have found this to be true. There is a walk/run park nearby and it took me months to decide to even go walk. When I did, I did it with my head up and face set, determined that nobody was going to make me feel bad for going, that I deserved to be there just as much as the already fit people. Instead of getting the "what does she think she's doing here" looks, I got smiles and nods, not just the "hi" kind but the "go ahead girl, I see what you're doing there" kind. Not everyone wants or expects us to fail.

Eta: I don't know if every place is like this park but runners run in one direction and walkers walk in the other direction. It gets intimidating when you're facing fit runners head on and you know they are lapping you.
  • hendongirl
    hendongirl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    :)
  • MLB1969
    MLB1969 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you to the author! I feel encouraged!
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I think every single overweight person that exercises in fear of someone thinking they arent good enough to be there.... needs to write this on their livingroom wall.

Its true.

Its SO true.

Few things make me as happy as seeing an overweight person exercising. Seeing someone grabbing their life back is so beautiful and powerful to me. It makes me completely forget all my frustration with those that sit around making excuses and complaining about how they dont feel like it.

You are a hero. You really are.

Beautiful and powerful and completely the point.

Awww, damn, you made me cry again! :sad:
  • bethieannie
    bethieannie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    This post has made me feel a lot better about my attempts at running. Thank you.
  • usteward
    usteward Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    wow! love this
  • abcmiah
    abcmiah Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This was me this morning starting week 5 of C25K. I am already amazed by what I can do. :)
  • hcorbin29
    hcorbin29 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    LOVE this! Made me cry a bit too.
  • Kikers123
    Kikers123 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Aww this was so nice. I loved it. Thanks so much for posting it!
  • KMSForLife
    KMSForLife Posts: 605
    Options
    This is amazing. Thank you for sharing.
  • nessaryan
    nessaryan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    made my day.
  • kikokateyy
    kikokateyy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I really needed to hear this today. Can't stop crying now... but its exactly what i needed.