Hey Fat Girl....

Options

Replies

• kansasbelle
    kansasbelle Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Wow... I had this little girl in my zumba class telll me last week I was doing a great job it made my whole day for this ten year old to notice my effort. (no more Zumba because of my knee) but I will walk proudly. Thank you for sharing:sad: It brought tears to my eyes.

21842360.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I wish there were more people like this in the world. I'm sick of the dirty looks.
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I've gained a new perspective.

- That Fat Guy!
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Awesome..... just awesome :flowerforyou:
  • crystut03
    crystut03 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    omg!!!!!! I absolutely love this....for a person whose thought about "whats the use" or "why keep going people are going to talk about me anyways"...but this confirms to me why i should keep going...how can there be a finish without a start? Thanks!!
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • simatif
    simatif Posts: 32
    Options
    This made my eyes well up when i read it! Thanks for posting this!
    This is a blog entry from flintland.blogspot.com.

I am in love with this person!

Hey, Fat Girl.

Yes, you. The one feigning to not see me when we cross paths on the running track. The one not even wearing sports gear, breathing heavy. You’re slow, you breathe hard and your efforts at moving forward make you cringe.

You cling shyly to the furthest corridor, sometimes making larger loops on the gravel ring by the track just so you’re not on it. You sweat so much that your hair is all wet. You rarely stay for more than 20 minutes at a time, and you look exhausted when you leave to go back home. You never talk to anyone. I’ve got something I’d like to say to you.

You are awesome.

If you’d look me in the eye only for an instant, you would notice the reverence and respect I have for you. The adventure you have started is tremendous; it leads to a better health, to renewed confidence and to a brand new kind of freedom. The gifts you will receive from running will far exceed the gigantic effort it takes you to show up here, to face your fears and to bravely set yourself in motion, in front of others.

You have already begun your transformation. You no longer accept this physical state of numbness and passivity. You have taken a difficult decision, but one that holds so much promise. Every hard breath you take is actually a tad easier than the one before, and every step is ever so slightly lighter. Each push forward leaves the former person you were in your wake, creating room for an improved version, one that is stronger, healthier and forward-looking, one who knows that anything is possible.

You’re a hero to me. And, if you’d take off the blaring headphones and put your head up for more than a second or two, you would notice that the other runners you cross, the ones that probably make you feel so inadequate, stare in awe at your determination. They, of all people, know best where you are coming from. They heard the resolutions of so many others, who vowed to pick up running and improve their health, “starting next week”. Yet, it is YOU who runs alongside, who digs from deep inside to find the strength to come here, and to come back again.

You are a runner, and no one can take that away from you. You are relentlessly moving forward. You are stronger than even you think, and you are about to be amazed by what you can do. One day, very soon, maybe tomorrow, you’ll step outside and marvel at your capabilities. You will not believe your own body, you will realize that you can do this. And a new horizon will open up for you. You are a true inspiration.

I bow to you.
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    :drinker: awesome post! I am a reforming fat girl myself, and remember trying to hide in the gym, and trying not to make eye contact. Now I feel ever so confident and proud of my progress! Thanks for posting!
  • ssanto
    ssanto Posts: 53
    Options
    love it!
    just about to head out for my run. thanks for posting!
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    The gym I go to has a glass divider between the pool, and the main weight room and the track. Even if you're not looking, you can see everyone. So, whenever I see very overweight folks walking, running, or struggling... the first thing I think is "Right on" and "Glad you're here".

That's what I honestly think. Anyone who's putting in the effort gets my respect.
  • danielle257
    Options
    Love this! :flowerforyou:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Like.
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    I absolutely love your post. This made me teary eyed yet inspired
    Thank you
    L.
  • Danica5683
    Options
    BUMP <3
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome! Thanks so much sharing! ...even if it did make me cry.... :sad:

I was once that fat girl and always felt invisible. Until I realized I had made myself invisible by not meeting anyone's gaze/glance/eye. Now I meet everyone's look and say hello or at the very least give a nod and a smile.
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    that's great!!!!
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    That actually gave me shivers. What a lovely thing to read, it is so humbling to know that there are people out there that don't negatively judge people on their appearance and treat it as truly inspirational.

Thanks for posting this,hopefully I will be able to remember this the next time I am running and hold my head a little higher :)
  • trybabytry
    trybabytry Posts: 181
    Options
    Aww man. This legit made me cry into my coffee. I'm such a sap LOL. But it's so true!
  • mizzthang
    mizzthang Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    thanks, i needed this more than even i knew:flowerforyou: