Hey Fat Girl....

Options

Replies

• SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    This got me. I'm still feeling awkward doing my fast walking, and dread moving on to running. This makes me want to run though, and with my head up high. Thank you for posting this.
  • akoivisto
    akoivisto Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Fantastic.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I loved that.
  • misstraycee
    Options
    Very Nice... Didn't know where it was going at first, but I love it! Thanks for posting. :happy:
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    bumping this just because i think everyone should read it!

wow!
  • HeealthyMee
    HeealthyMee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this - I absolutely love it!
  • oddree80
    oddree80 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    That is absolutly beautiful! I keep telling myself that I am going to start running but then I am too scared to even try because of what people might think. I hope that tonight I will be able to pull on my shoes and try. :smile:
  • AuntKeke1315
    AuntKeke1315 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This is incredible.
  • norcalbowler
    norcalbowler Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That's a great blog post. At first it seem like it was going down a dark road but I'm glad it was positive. Thank you very much for sharing! :)
  • raquel_soto
    raquel_soto Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    wow! that is awesome. thanks for sharing.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this - I got a litle choked up too!

It breaks my heart when I read the many posts on here by folks who are afraid to run outside, or even on the treadmill at the gym, because they worry about what others think of them. I hope some of them read this and realize that just making the effort is amazing!! I'm sure I don't look pretty running - especially when it's hot out and my face is beet red and I'm panting like a dog in heat - but it sure as hell doesn't stop me!

Unfortunately, there are, and will probably always be, dumbasses who make rude comments (most of whom have no right to judge) but you have to realize that they are ignorant *kitten*-holes and ignore them with every fiber of your being.

Anyone who gets off the couch and starts moving is amazing!! Do it for yourself and forget the haters!
  • bluegrasschica
    Options
    This is an awesome blog. I love it!!
  • beachgal80
    Options
    This is a blog entry from flintland.blogspot.com.

So true. Stay motivated!

Hey, Fat Girl.

Yes, you. The one feigning to not see me when we cross paths on the running track. The one not even wearing sports gear, breathing heavy. You’re slow, you breathe hard and your efforts at moving forward make you cringe.

You cling shyly to the furthest corridor, sometimes making larger loops on the gravel ring by the track just so you’re not on it. You sweat so much that your hair is all wet. You rarely stay for more than 20 minutes at a time, and you look exhausted when you leave to go back home. You never talk to anyone. I’ve got something I’d like to say to you.

You are awesome.

If you’d look me in the eye only for an instant, you would notice the reverence and respect I have for you. The adventure you have started is tremendous; it leads to a better health, to renewed confidence and to a brand new kind of freedom. The gifts you will receive from running will far exceed the gigantic effort it takes you to show up here, to face your fears and to bravely set yourself in motion, in front of others.

You have already begun your transformation. You no longer accept this physical state of numbness and passivity. You have taken a difficult decision, but one that holds so much promise. Every hard breath you take is actually a tad easier than the one before, and every step is ever so slightly lighter. Each push forward leaves the former person you were in your wake, creating room for an improved version, one that is stronger, healthier and forward-looking, one who knows that anything is possible.

You’re a hero to me. And, if you’d take off the blaring headphones and put your head up for more than a second or two, you would notice that the other runners you cross, the ones that probably make you feel so inadequate, stare in awe at your determination. They, of all people, know best where you are coming from. They heard the resolutions of so many others, who vowed to pick up running and improve their health, “starting next week”. Yet, it is YOU who runs alongside, who digs from deep inside to find the strength to come here, and to come back again.

You are a runner, and no one can take that away from you. You are relentlessly moving forward. You are stronger than even you think, and you are about to be amazed by what you can do. One day, very soon, maybe tomorrow, you’ll step outside and marvel at your capabilities. You will not believe your own body, you will realize that you can do this. And a new horizon will open up for you. You are a true inspiration.

I bow to you.
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    So powerful and true. Thanks for sharing.
  • cindygagnon
    cindygagnon Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    :happy:
  • shayoni
    shayoni Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Read this on my lunch at work and teared up, I've come so far fro wheazing after half a minute to jogging 7 miles a few weeks ago. it means a lot to me too <3
  • bethb03
    bethb03 Posts: 96
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this!
  • tmd0521
    tmd0521 Posts: 6
    Options
    I love love love this thank you for posting, definately hit me emotionally. Im on day 2. I am fat girl.
  • jadedbutterfly71
    jadedbutterfly71 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    THIS! Made me cry...the cry that needed to come out of me. Wow. :sad: :blushing:
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    *tear* :love: