Hey Fat Girl....

Options

Replies

• embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I am sooo happy that I read this. I am the "Fat Girl" I dont run but I go to the gym and blare my headphones not really looking at anyone. This is definite motivation to keep doing so. Thank you for sharing

I am *this girl* too....even now, 90 some odd pounds lighter. ( with a large number yet to go..) I still feel that way. I still blare my headphones...and I still hide over in the corner in Zumba. This post makes me happy and should be something every person who joins this site ...or any other weight loss site is told to read! It's a good reminder to the fit people who have never been in her shoes, to the ones who were years ago and she could never imagine ever WAS in her shoes, and to those starting out who struggle with feelings of shame and embarassment. Awesome awesome awesome!!!
  • christyd4
    christyd4 Posts: 191
    Options
    I frickin love this!! I am that fat girl in my crossfit classes. I'm the one the first time I did it I didn't want to look at anyone becuase I seriously am the only one out of shape there. BUT, the second class I looked up and the guys (yep not one girl in that class that night) were watching and smiling and high fiving just like I was "one of them" it gave me the courage that even though I was sore as hell and questioning my sanity to go back the next night and the next and the one after that. We are so hard on ourselves sometimes that we forget that the people around us working out, doing the same thing we are, probably have been there before. :)
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Love it :)
  • AlexanderK1994
    AlexanderK1994 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is really amazing... I try to run but when I do, I can do it for about 30 seconds and then revert back to walking. At a pace that's very, very slow, I can just do about 0.2 mile. Right now I'm more into muscle forming workouts but I think that once I'm ready I'm want to do C25K. I have this wish that one day I can run a marathon. :)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Thanks for sharing that.
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Nice Read.

I can relate to this SO well. I remember being the fat girl in middle school and high school--never wanting to run EVER, and then when I started my weight-loss journey and beginning my running journey... and then falling in love with the sport... I completed my first Half-Marathon in March. I feel like a superstar now that I have accomplished a Half--and if you could see my car, you would DEFINITELY say I was proud of that accomplishment (I have two 13.1 stickers on my car!)
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    THIS.... This is what I needed today! Thank you for sharing. *wipes a tear*
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Well written, profound and meaningful. Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • MissesJai
    MissesJai Posts: 48
    Options
    Love this!
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    That was beutiful & made me tear up a little bit. :cry: I hope to be that fat girl Sunday when I start the C25K program. I must do it, I spent $127 on New Balance runner! :blushing:

You can do it!! Take your time - do your best to control your breathing and don't give up on yourself. I never thought I could make it to week 6 but I did and even did some extra running for fun (if you knew me you'd know that's unheard of).
  • IamKendall
    IamKendall Posts: 21
    Options
    made me cry
  • KOOLSMILE
    KOOLSMILE Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I sooooo needed this today.....thank you....thank you....thank you!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I LOVED this, and I needed it because I was "the fat girl" at one point and some days I still feel like that. Even though, I have lost almost 50 lbs - my horrible self-esteem makes me feel inadequate sometimes. I feel shy when I walk into the gym sometimes because I don't feel "physcially fit" to be there, but I am overcoming my fear. Thanks for sharing - it brought a smile to my face.

I used to be a runner but taking off the winter has really made it hard for me to get back into it again - this gives me the motivation to "try" again once I get my leg better.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    That is EXACTLY how I felt about myself when I began running... i still do but I dont hide the way I used to.

I wonder if people "really" think that way about "fat" girls/guys. I hope so! lol

Edit: looking @ the comments... I'm SO glad I'm not the only one holding back tears!! I thought it was just me.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Love this!!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thank you for sharing this.
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is really amazing... I try to run but when I do, I can do it for about 30 seconds and then revert back to walking. At a pace that's very, very slow, I can just do about 0.2 mile. Right now I'm more into muscle forming workouts but I think that once I'm ready I'm want to do C25K. I have this wish that one day I can run a marathon. :)

You can and will if you put your mind to it. I made a offhand goal last year to run the NY Marathon for my 30th Birthday. It was a pipe dream when i said it but now I really want it!
  • Merithyn
    Merithyn Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Absolutely amazing.
  • jdsmom0104
    jdsmom0104 Posts: 236
    Options
    AMAZING!
  • willafan
    willafan Posts: 101
    Options
    Love it!!!