Great post.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Great post! I often walk in our park and see a very overweight woman walking slowly but steadily along the path. I want to go up and tell her I'm proud of her, that she's doing a great thing, and that she is beautiful. But I don't want to embarrass her. I think many large people think everyone is laughing at them, but I'm not. I'm happy to see them doing something for themselves to be healthier.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I am this girl. I started running just weeks ago and was so embarassed. The way I felt afterwards and the amazing effects of it kept me going, even with upto 10 blisters at a time! Fit runners kept smiling at me when I glanced up and people have even stopped me to tell me I'm doing a great job! At 240lbs I thought I wouldn't be able to do it, but I'm improving really quickly! With each run I hold my head a little higher and smile a little more. My music blasts soooo loudly though! Beats headphones are amazing when running. I do 5-6 miles of run\walk at a time already and run my first 5k run on July 1st. I'm a runner for life now! Love it! X
  • MrsMax22
    MrsMax22 Posts: 4
    Options
    Loved this! I think we can all relate at some point!
  • MrsMax22
    MrsMax22 Posts: 4
    Options
    Loved this! I think we can all relate at some point!
  • parliskim
    parliskim Posts: 14
    Options
    This is really touching! Thank you so much for sharing!
  • MrsKearns
    MrsKearns Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Cely21
    Cely21 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love it!!
  • ansa0503
    ansa0503 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT great Motivation Thank you for shareing :happy:
  • Muldactus
    Muldactus Posts: 6,972 Member
    Options
    This. Was. Awesome. Even non "Fat Girls" can take something from this. So many of us live this - we go to a gym, or a park, or a fitness center and we see all of the fit people who have the toned bodies, the 6 pack abs (or at least flat, firm bellies), and we feel like we don't belong. "Don't look at me. Please don't look at me. Maybe in a few months when I get in better shape."

It's so encouraging to realize that other people understand and that other people aren't looking at us with sympathy or pitty or disgust, but with respect and encouragement and understanding.

Thank you to WHOMEVER wrote it, and thank you to the OP who posted it up for all to see.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    That actually made me tear up a bit...thanks for posting it :heart:
  • lynnstar_lynnstar
    lynnstar_lynnstar Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this with us! Love it!!
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    love this. thank you for sharing.
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sure of where the author was going when I first started reading, but I absolutely love this piece.
    I'm finishing couch to 5k... I have 2 days left. I can't tell you what it means for me to read this. Thanks for posting.

I know what you mean. I really want to start doing C25K again...I finally got back into the swing of things with it in April, but then got sidelined by my gallbladder surgery. I am determined to finish it.
  • JenR1008
    JenR1008 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    One word......inspirational!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • sfernan432
    sfernan432 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! =) Love it!
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    They TOTALLY need a LOVE BUTTON on MFP!!! Awesome!!! :smile: :love:
  • megmo_7
    megmo_7 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This was a fantastic read after all of the recent negative topic post recently. I hope one day soon I can hold my head up high and not be embarrassed about how I look and if I look like a beached whale doing certain exercises. Knowing that some stronger athletic people actually look up to those of us who are not as fit or athletic is great motivation to get over my own insecurities.