Is 125 the "magic" number?

Options
123457»

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    My magic number used to be 123 (I'm 5'5"), just liked the sound of it.
    But I'm looking forward to getting more sexy muscle:blushing: ,so probably closer to 145ish. It depends how I feel physically and how I perceive myself when I get around that number...after all it's just a silly number and I don't carry my scale around:bigsmile:
  • arojas1227
    arojas1227 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I completely agree that 125 is the "magic number". When I was growing up and girls on tv talked about there weight, it was all around 115-120. I'm 5'6, and I think that would put me underweight (although most of them were probably taller than me) so when I set my goal, subconsciously, I think, I set it as close to the "magic numbers" as I could. I think I'm going to have to change my goal because I don't want to get under a D cup, but honestly that thought scares me. I wish I could be accepting of my weight and body at what it should be, but I just feel conditioned to think that anything above 130ish is too much.
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm close to 5'6 and weighted 125 most of my adult life. My goal weight is closer to 115. I look lean at 115 but not anorexic. Which, P.S. is a horrible description of someone's appearance.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Statistics?

Average female height is 5'4". 125 pounds at 5'4" is a BMI of 21, squarely in the middle of the "normal" category.

So, of course you'll see lots of women targeting 125, because lots of women are about that height.
    Exactly.
    For example the issue I have in my hand right now is March 2012, and the centerfold lists her stats as:
    5'11 125 lbs
    bust:34C, waist:24, Hips:35

So I think that maybe men growing up and looking at these magazines would always see these hot women, at around 125lbs, and they think that is the "ideal" weight for a woman to be considered hot. (?)
    Don't believe everything you read in Playboy! :bigsmile:

If a woman is 5' 11" and she has a 35C bust with 35" hips, there is absolutely no way that she weighs 125lb.

The magazine has printed that figure because it "sounds good" and the fact that you've fallen for it is proof that sadly it works...

I call that phenomenon "boy pounds." The weight that men (well, boys, anyway) think women weigh.
    Poor little boys, they also think we all like kittens, we all need protecting and we are all seeking a man with at least a 12" pork sword.

Fortunately, some of them grow up.
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Poor little boys, they also think we all like kittens, we all need protecting and we are all seeking a man with at least a 12" pork sword.

Fortunately, some of them grow up.

And some of them are raised right in the first place!
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 my goal is 135, I have been 125 in the past,but was accused of having a drug problem or eating disorder. At age 45 I feel 135 is ideal, I like round numbers..
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    the lowest i want to go is 140 it is in the healthy for my height of 5'3" and something i think i can maintain...any lower then that and i think i would have a difficult time maintaining...but ill just have to see when i get there :)

This is how I feel about getting lower than 130...seriously. I haven't been that small since I was in Middle School. :D

Denise
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining at 125 and 5'5" and it's perfect for me. I might try to drop a couple when there's a vacation coming on because I know I'll gain it back when I'm away.

I started off planning on 150, figuring my age and my body type would be perfect, but I wasn't satisfied until I got down to the 120s. If someone had told me when I was nearing 200 that I'd not only get down to 130 but below it, I'd never believe them. It's amazing what your body will do when you push it.
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    the lowest i want to go is 140 it is in the healthy for my height of 5'3" and something i think i can maintain...any lower then that and i think i would have a difficult time maintaining...but ill just have to see when i get there :)

This is how I feel about getting lower than 130...seriously. I haven't been that small since I was in Middle School. :D

Denise
  • headlock_lynn
    headlock_lynn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I ever weighed 125. (Maybe when I was 10). I am 5' 7" and currently weight 161. I am working at getting down to 150. If I'm lucky 145 but I start to look really gaunt and ill if I lose too much. Perhaps I'm bigger boned than those who want to weight 125.
  • striveforhealthy
    striveforhealthy Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My 'magic' number that I'm aiming for is 120 for weight loss. But would be more than willing to gain weight if it meant gaining muscle to lower my body fat %. Right now I'm 127 and 7lbs will make a quite noticeable change. I think many aim for between 120-130 (If they're average height) because it is what the 'norm is' and pretty much middle of the BMI 'healthy range'.