Replies

• cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Great post
  • miss_missa07
    miss_missa07 Posts: 170
    Options
    This was wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing!
  • DebbieLOL
    DebbieLOL Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    What an awesome, inspirational post. I'll remember this when I'm out plodding around the neighborhood and walking the parking ramps in the parking structure at work. Rather than seeing the smile on someone's face as a smirk, I'll try to see it for what it probably is, a supportive smile.

:-)

Thanks for sharing this!
  • sarasmile144
    sarasmile144 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I love this :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    This is a blog entry from flintland.blogspot.com.

I am in love with this person!

Hey, Fat Girl.

Yes, you. The one feigning to not see me when we cross paths on the running track. The one not even wearing sports gear, breathing heavy. You’re slow, you breathe hard and your efforts at moving forward make you cringe.

You cling shyly to the furthest corridor, sometimes making larger loops on the gravel ring by the track just so you’re not on it. You sweat so much that your hair is all wet. You rarely stay for more than 20 minutes at a time, and you look exhausted when you leave to go back home. You never talk to anyone. I’ve got something I’d like to say to you.

You are awesome.

If you’d look me in the eye only for an instant, you would notice the reverence and respect I have for you. The adventure you have started is tremendous; it leads to a better health, to renewed confidence and to a brand new kind of freedom. The gifts you will receive from running will far exceed the gigantic effort it takes you to show up here, to face your fears and to bravely set yourself in motion, in front of others.

You have already begun your transformation. You no longer accept this physical state of numbness and passivity. You have taken a difficult decision, but one that holds so much promise. Every hard breath you take is actually a tad easier than the one before, and every step is ever so slightly lighter. Each push forward leaves the former person you were in your wake, creating room for an improved version, one that is stronger, healthier and forward-looking, one who knows that anything is possible.

You’re a hero to me. And, if you’d take off the blaring headphones and put your head up for more than a second or two, you would notice that the other runners you cross, the ones that probably make you feel so inadequate, stare in awe at your determination. They, of all people, know best where you are coming from. They heard the resolutions of so many others, who vowed to pick up running and improve their health, “starting next week”. Yet, it is YOU who runs alongside, who digs from deep inside to find the strength to come here, and to come back again.

You are a runner, and no one can take that away from you. You are relentlessly moving forward. You are stronger than even you think, and you are about to be amazed by what you can do. One day, very soon, maybe tomorrow, you’ll step outside and marvel at your capabilities. You will not believe your own body, you will realize that you can do this. And a new horizon will open up for you. You are a true inspiration.

I bow to you.
    :heart:
  • PoetikLuvr
    PoetikLuvr Posts: 12
    Options
    OMG....that gave me chills. That made me feel so many emotions. I am that girl. We are all that girl. And to each and every one of us.......

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Robyn120
    Robyn120 Posts: 249
    Options
    Love!!
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    That was AWESOME!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing...that was awesome!
  • JfMarrs
    JfMarrs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thank you for re-posting that. It's inspirational for all.
  • Laura26C
    Laura26C Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Love this! Thanks so much for sharing :smile:
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Awww, I love this. I'm definitely the one that runs with eyes down and headphones on, extremely self-conscious. I've gotten a little better at it, though.
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Just... Wow!! I think that each and every one of us can see ourselves in there... Thank you!
  • Misbehavin_Red
    Options
    love, love, love this!
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    There are a handful of girls who are this girl at my gym. I see some of them there every time I'm there! They do cardio and weight train and I just want to tell them, "You are so awesome for being here" but I feel like it would be so condescending for me to do that.
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm a running fat girl and I run around my town. I've had strangers come up to me and tell me how much they admire my efforts. How I'm looking so good etc.. It really is amazing how much support strangers will give you if you just let them lol.
  • PJFonz
    PJFonz Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    How inspiring and motivating this is! Not just for runners, but for anyone who is attemping to accomplish a hard earned goal! Thank you for posting!!
  • AshleyPaige1987
    AshleyPaige1987 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just recently started jogging and I am so glad you posted this. I was just telling my friend the other day how I am embarrassed to run at tracks when people are there because of my size and how sometimes while I'm at the track people come and stare at me. This has inspired me and motivated me to keep going. Thanks for sharing.
  • wendytc
    wendytc Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Had tears when I read this. Excellent blog post. Thanks for sharing. My daughter who is a personal trainer pushed me to jog when we went to the trail last week. It was really REALLY hard but I did it! I definitely felt like the FAT girl. That was me. Will hold my head high because I am a runner! (not very fast, and not very graceful, but I am a runner).
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    This is very strong....and so touching...I can definitely relate to it.. Really makes me want to push harder...