ANYONE LOST WEIGHT DOING ZUMBA?

Options

Replies

• CanuckTracy
    CanuckTracy Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    The BEST most fun way to burn those cals.....it's an absolute blast..I've lost my weight and inches from Zumba..I am far more toned and feel awesome..An amazing burn and you have fun doing it ;). HIGHLY recommend it
  • bnfree81
    bnfree81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started zumba rush on the xbox 360 kinect. I love it so much I started taking a class. Now I can't get enough. Some instructors are more high impact than others so if you find that you need more of a challenge try someone else. I'm down 50 pounds!
  • momof2winsplus
    momof2winsplus Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Zumba is my only exercise. I have lost 24 lbs and 4 inches from my waist in 4 months.
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    I cannot say enough how incredibly AWESOME Zumba is! I go to classes as often as I can. I'm not sure if i've lost weight particularly just from doing Zumba because I have made a lot of other health choices at the same time, but I am down 30 lbs since January 2nd. :) I tried the Wii Zumba game and didnt much care for it after taking the actual classes. There are also all different intensity levels taught so you need to find the right one for you. It is also as good as you make it. Just like dance, you can give it your all or half a** it. You decide how many calories you burn.
  • cleverhat
    cleverhat Posts: 7
    Options
    Me! :)
    Last year I done it in my house with a internet videos of Kelloggs. And I recomend it if you hate sports like me. I've lost 17lb in a few month. I recomend it because: It's very fun, it's very efective, it not only helps you lose weight, but also helps to stylize the figure.. I really love it.
  • davis22b
    davis22b Posts: 31
    Options
    Came across this post and even though it's a bit old, I have attended 2-3 Zumba classes at the gym and loved it so I bought Zumba Rush for the Kinect. Hoping to start tomorrow and take pictures since I haven't been too good at staying on track! I have a wedding to attend to NEXT SATURDAY! lol so add me if you want to help me stay on track with Zumba!
  • mnowens
    mnowens Posts: 71
    Options
    I have a BodyMedia Fit armband and I burn more calories doing Zumba than any other exercise I do... and I do Spin.
  • mummylovesjam
    Options
    I started zumba at the beginning of the year and I've only lost a few pounds, I have toned up massively though, changed shape and have some proper muscles. I absolutely love zumba and will go out to class come rain or shine. I do zumba toning and zumba fitness.

I'd like to loose a few more pounds, ideally about 10 which was my motivation for joining MFP. I've now started switching round my exercise a bit so it's not pure cardio so do some pole fitness and an abs and thighs class.

Zumba's changed my life if I'm honest. One day I'd love to be an instructor.
  • xoxobollywood1991
    Options
    Yup, that's right. I did zumba 3 times a week one year ago, and lost 15 lbs in 2 months + healthy eating!! But then...I quit working out, begun eating junk....and gained it all back!!
  • rachylouise87
    rachylouise87 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    update here i have lost 29lbs in total with the dvd's xbox and ps3 over 5 months :)
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    It looks so fun but I got the Wii zumba and have tried it a couple times and hated it. It moves so fast (even the tutorials) that I feel completely lost with in two or three minutes. It just keeps telling me how "great" I'm doing and moving ahead even though I'm totally lost. Maybe a real class; idk.

You will feel lost until you learn the routines, I've been doing twice a week for a couple of months now and I still get lost and can not finish the whole hour yet but I'm getting there. My instructor says it's okay to not know all the routine just as long as you keep moving for that whole hour. Plus she changes things adds songs and different moves so your body doesn't get used to the routine. I can't say I've lost because of it but I know I feel better for it. I wanted to never go back after the first couple of times but I've kept going and now I love it. JUST KEEP MOVING!!!!!!
  • Jbbaby111
    Jbbaby111 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Zumba gives me more of a workout than anything else i have ever done!!
  • mommaat40
    mommaat40 Posts: 2
    Options
    Please read....

Yes you can loose weight. Most of the instructors tho do not go over proper stretches before classes. I pulled my foot very badly in a class and ended up with plantar fassciatus or however you spell it. It took a year and half to heal and is extremely painful. Love doing Zumba but please stretch!.
  • turboleigh
    turboleigh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started going back to Zumba ... Just want to know who here has had sucess. I am taking Adipex and have lost 9 lbs i started at 250 and now 241 but hope to get to 160. I love zumba but not sure if it really works
  • amoabenito
    Options
    i first got the wii zumba and that is horrible i hate it, but then I tried the zumda fitness dvd's and did it at home and i love it i have lost almost 50 pounds!
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba!! I take it at the gym. I have lost quite a bit of not only weight, but toned up pretty well by doing it.
  • poppyxox96
    Options
    yes! i love zumba! great way to work out its really fun and it burns quite a lot of calories..
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    i do Zumba but only once a week on Tuesdays...

i use it as a light day since on Monday i do Les Mills Pump in the morning and then a high intensity Step aerobics class in the evening...

not sure if it would help me lose weight and get in the kind of shape that i want to be in but its a good workout and anything that gets you moving is a good place to start...
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Any type of exercise with a calorie deficit will cause you to lose weight. It's much more about food intake than exercise, doesn't matter the type of exercise.
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Yes, kinda, I have lost weight while doing zumba but I have also done other stuff with zumba so I guess I really do not know that answer.