June Ironman Challenge (open)

Options
butters1
butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
Welcome new and returning triathletes!

The traditional challenge is to complete Ironman Triathlon mileage in the 30 days of June
--Swimming 2.4 Miles
--Biking 112 miles
--Running 26.2 miles

You may modify your mileage goals to suit your specific circumstances (e.g., no bike, no pool access, goals, etc.) just set and declare those goals at the beginning of the month. It must still be a combination of running/walking, biking, and swimming we all love.

All skill levels welcome! We traditionally have some phenominal tri athletes here and some working toward their first sprint tri's. Feel free to Friend request those you find interesting, alot of support here goes on behind the scenes. Anyone may FR me.

We'll use this forum all month to log and report our mileage. You can log daily or weekly-- whatever keeps you motivated!

**New this month: If you have any upcoming events in June, please list them with your goals, so we can cheer you on!*********

Love this group :heart:

Replies

• butters1
    Options
    Goals for June: Traditional

--Swimming 2.4 Miles
    --Biking 112 miles
    --Running 26.2 miles

Upcoming events:
    6/24 Tri-tech Multisport Columbus - Sprint Tri. Alum Creek State Park. (Ohio)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I'm in again. Just signed up for my first sprint triathlon this year so I will definitely be doing more swimming and biking. I am going to go for the full.

Goals for June: Traditional

--Swimming 2.4 Miles
    --Biking 112 miles
    --Running 26.2 miles

Hey Butters - we are racing the same weekend!
  • kjd153
    kjd153 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm in again. Fell short in May but joined mid-month so I'll cut myself some slack. Going with the traditional goal. Have a vacation in June but the rental comes with bikes so I hope to get in some good mileage! Have my second open water swim clinic at the end of the month and am hoping for improvement for last time.

Love love love doing this and few people on here are as supportive as Butters!!
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    This sounds doable! I read the topic and was like... what?? Ironman in June??? Riiiight. But if I have the entire month, I bet I can push myself to do it!!

Count me in for the June Ironman Challenge!! :-)

Goals - 2.4mi swimming, 112 mi biking, 26.2mi running

Oh and @3dogsrunning and @Butters1 - My sprint tri is the same day is yall's!!! Memorial Hermann Sprint Triathlon (Houston, TX) Very first one; I'm a combination of terrified and excited!!

Edited - because I forgot to list my goals... oops
  • butters1
    Options
    Welcome Aggie!

Hey Butters - we are racing the same weekend!

If Dane rejoins (fingers crossed), with Aggie that will now be 4 of us that weekend so far! wow!!!/ Fun:happy:

@kjd...aw thanks, i think you are great too!
  • Kadidio
    Kadidio Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am in, I am doing a sprint triathlon this fall and have only been running. My bike will be all tuned up by June 1st and I will be ready to go! I am in for the Goals - 2.4mi swimming, 112 mi biking, 26.2mi running. I am excited!
  • butters1
    Options
    I am in, I am doing a sprint triathlon this fall and have only been running. My bike will be all tuned up by June 1st and I will be ready to go! I am in for the Goals - 2.4mi swimming, 112 mi biking, 26.2mi running. I am excited!

Welcome!
  • lfordryan
    lfordryan Posts: 4
    Options
    I am totally interested in joining, but I am very new to MFP and not sure how everything works (I am lucky I can actually log my food and exercise successfully). If someone could help me out on what i would need to do on here, I will tackle the mileage on my end. Thanks.
  • AngelofMusic13
    AngelofMusic13 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm in again! I didn't make the biking last month, but I will definitely give it another go! Maybe one day I'll feel confident enough to do a sprint triathlon.

Traditional for goals: 26.2 miles running, 112 miles biking, 2.4 swimming miles
  • ltgw2000
    ltgw2000 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!! I'm planning a triathlon in the next six months, probably olympic distance. Don't have a specific race set because my life is always a little unpredictable. This sounds like a fun challenge and a great motivation to stick with the training. Looking forward to it!:bigsmile:
  • Carp614
    Carp614 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    2.4 mile swim
    112 mile bike
    26.2 mile run

My plan is to complete by the 22nd of June. 8 running sessions (3.3 Miles each). 8 biking sessions (12-15 miles each). 3 swimming sessions (two 70 lap sessions and one 29 lap session).

My work has a great athletic facility, so I will be using the pool, the eliptical/treadmill, and recumbant or spin class bike.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    @aggie - you'll do great, but one warning, you will be hooked.

@butters - that's cool there are a few of us racing the same day. Too bad we weren't doing the same ones.

Anyone else racing this month? I love following race reports.
  • butters1
    Options
    Welcome to the new challengers!
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I fell short again last month this time on the Swim and run, - have 3 days off now for Cycle race on Monday might be 5K at end of month not sure, anyway, targets are staying the same, just out of my reach the way I like it :)

Swim 3 Miles
    Bike 140 Miles
    Run 60 Miles

Events:
    26 Mile Cycle Race
    5K Race

Have fun all :)
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am back in for June! I love this challenge.

Goals:

Swim-8 miles
    Bike- 80 miles
    Run- 60 miles

Looking forward to racing season being in full swing here in MN!
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I am back again

June goals

swimming 8000 yards (4.5 miles)
    walking 26.2 miles
    biking/spinning 80 miles

no races in June, I think one coming up in July for me, it would be a "home" race (still debating the heat factor will decide later this month)...good luck to all that have races, I am looking forward to cheering you all on!
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm fairy new to the site but would love to tri your challenge, just getting back into working out , but with a whole month to do I might be able to get the bike and run in, taking swim lessons starting June 9, not sure what class will be like or if I will be able to track distance so not sure about swim.

I have a 30-50 mile bike ride planned for June 10 ....was going to shoot for 50 miles, the 70-100 are a bit too far atm.

I have only run twice, since I started working out again and only a mile each day this will keep me motivated to keep running..

I would like do do another ironman and am thinking of Cozumel 2015, I did FL ironman 2001 , but became in active and gained weight over the years, so will definitely require alot more training this time around

Connie
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I'm fairy new to the site but would love to tri your challenge, just getting back into working out , but with a whole month to do I might be able to get the bike and run in, taking swim lessons starting June 9, not sure what class will be like or if I will be able to track distance so not sure about swim.

I have a 30-50 mile bike ride planned for June 10 ....was going to shoot for 50 miles, the 70-100 are a bit too far atm.

I have only run twice, since I started working out again and only a mile each day this will keep me motivated to keep running..

I would like do do another ironman and am thinking of Cozumel 2015, I did FL ironman 2001 , but became in active and gained weight over the years, so will definitely require alot more training this time around

Connie

I have several friends going back for round 2 at Cozumel. The course is beautiful and many put this on the must do list.

My goal is to get every workout my coach puts in front of me done. She wants me to learn butterfly soooooo...... yikes.

Today: 9.37 mile run.
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options

Connie

I have several friends going back for round 2 at Cozumel. The course is beautiful and many put this on the must do list.

My goal is to get every workout my coach puts in front of me done. She wants me to learn butterfly soooooo...... yikes.

Today: 9.37 mile run.

sweet, I was a little worried about doing one so far away, but figure cozumel would be a awesome vacation too, my husband is already planning on scuba diving
  • lfordryan
    lfordryan Posts: 4
    Options
    I am pretty amped to do this challenge. This will be my first challenge, so I am dedicated to completing 2.4 mile swim...112 mile bike...26.2 mile run all within June

Checking in for today (6/1)...13 mile bike ride (only 99 miles to go)