Most annoying NSV ever.

Options
124»

Replies

• fishndad
    fishndad Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Even if it was a way for the original poster to say "Hey look at me I got hit on" isn't that still a success story.

So basically there is whining occurring over another person whining... (their own words).

In regards to the cat calling.

I have never understood it, me being a guy I have never felt compelled to whistle, say inappropriate comments or any thing of the sort.

I do notice that this behavior seems to be related to the size and scope of the group amongst the man-children. A single male in the wild will usually not exhibit his mating call, but for some homoerotic reason when man-children are with other man-children they need to prove how "not gay" they are by declaring their attractiveness to your bosom.

Eh, -

I agree. I'm 63 & love looking at attractive women, But was brought up a lot differently than to insult them with a rude comment. If I want to talk, I'll start a conversation & you can tell if the woman is uncomfotable or not. I never understood the behavior except it's just guys showing off. Once when I was a lot,lot younger, some girls passed in a car & made a comment. I thought it was kind of cool wheather they meant it or not. But with the desensetizing of todays culture, some kids think tons of stuff is normal, & they should have what they want when they want it. If I were you, & if you don't like it, stay in well populated areas & just try to ignore it. But being a guy, I'll never get tired of an attractive woman, & I'll look to long sometimes, & probably will till I die.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't find a man slow-rolling up behind me in his car and saying something akin to, "would you like some fries with that shake?" particularly flattering. it feels a lot like assault, tbh. there are nice ways to let a girl know you find her attractive, and then there's street harassment.

Assault????? :noway:

Thank you. I barely survived an assault. I will never be able to be with someone without having to explain why I am covered in scars, or explain why I have parts that don't work properly because of damage in the assault. So it's annoying, it's bothersome, it's creepy, it's nervewracking, it's unsettling, it's all kinds of things (potentially even dangerous). But it's absolutely nothing like assault, tbh.

Sorry for the rant-carry on.

I'm sorry for what's happened to you. Sexual assault and abuse is an awful, terrible thing that nobody should ever have to go to. But assault doesn't have to be this extreme. I was assaulted by a drunk college guy on the way back to my dorm and yes, when a creepy man comes up behind me and makes me feel incredibly unsafe or grabs my behind or makes it seem like he would definitely be willing to get out of the car and come after me, it does feel like sexual assault. It comes down to a person who is unwilling to respect your wishes and understand the word "no".

You are correct and I agree that all of the situations you describe feel very much like assault because the risk of physical harm is there. The post that I was responding to seems to be implying that the unflattering comment alone feels like assault. Perhaps my experience has clouded my judgement, but I don't find unflattering comments to feel like much more than an annoyance. If there is the inkling of a feeling of the real risk of physical harm-then my alarm bells go off in full force. That didn't seem to be the situation being described in the post to which I was responding. I agree that each of the situations you described would send my alarm bells ringing-but an unflattering and ridiculous comment from an idiot in a car (again-without any other factors)-no, that doesn't cause my alarm bells to go off and I can't possibly begin to reconcile how that would feel like assault. I certainly have felt nothing in common between the two experiences when some idiot has made comments to me from his car.

My point was to agree with you and to say that perhaps my experience has clouded how I view things-but now it seems like I'm arguing. I don't mean to and I promise I'm stepping out now and you can all carry on.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    My point was to agree with you and to say that perhaps my experience has clouded how I view things-but now it seems like I'm arguing. I don't mean to and I promise I'm stepping out now and you can all carry on.

No problem. I just like hearing other peoples' views and experiences and having a discussion :)
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    This type of behavior is normal for 'boys' , not men,,,.. especially if your on "foot patrol". :)

Well said.

I never have this happen to me. Maybe I'm too old.
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I thought that carrying pepper spray was just incase a stray dog ran at me....now I may have to be concerned about man-children....dang!
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Take it for the complement it is. You've apparently done well. This is the pay off. :)
    It would actually scare the crap out of me and would make me stop walking that route.
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Pervs always honk or whistle at me when I'm running or walking. Creepy guy on a bike rode super close to me the other day and said all creepy like... I like your outfit... UGh. Makes me glad I have my own personal bodyguard (my pit ♥)
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are were walking with our 2 year old son in a downtown beach area and this group of obviously intoxicated probably 4 or 5 guys (half of them with their shirts off, why do you do that when you are hanging out with other guys?) and they were just yelling comments at an employee of a restaurant across the street.

If I could have legally gotten away with it I would have hit them with a truck ... but that pesky law thing.

I can see how quickly a sexual assault by multiple men would occur, not much stopping a group of inebriated shirtless men trying to prove their machismo.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Nolan: Yeah. I live with her. I know how hot she is. I don't need some guy who works at a gas station using me to hit on my mom.

Nolan to me: Can we get our gas somewhere else, please? (and then he stomped out the door)

Ouch. :drinker:

I hope your son got something nice that day, slightly Oedipus complexly in the first line but at 9 that is not what he is thinking. You should train him to soccer kick men in the junk, he could probably get away with that for like a year...
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, I can't remember the last time a man (besides my husband) paid me any attention based on my looks.
  • rio66
    rio66 Posts: 49
    Options
    I had the same thing happen to me....by a cop.....he was drinking a coffee while driving very slowly past me and hanging his head out the window and grinning and kind of slowly nodding his head as if to say "niiice" lol! He didn't ask for my number though. But still made me feel good (even though I was kind of weirded out) :happy:
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing happen to me....by a cop.....he was drinking a coffee while driving very slowly past me and hanging his head out the window and grinning and kind of slowly nodding his head as if to say "niiice" lol! He didn't ask for my number though. But still made me feel good (even though I was kind of weirded out) :happy:
    Sexual harassment by a public service employee. Nice.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Its so painful to get attention
  • striveforhealthy
    striveforhealthy Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've been getting it more lately (never really used too before). Not a fan. I find it obnoxious most of the time. Especially some of the looks or cat calls I get when I'm driving my husband's truck.
  • kris10lv84
    kris10lv84 Posts: 51
    Options
    Just got back from 3 days in Vegas where NO ONE hit on me at all ;-p That's NEVER happened there before, so I'm using it as motivation to get lean and mean before I go back next summer!

Oh, and it's not that I was particularly hot in the past, but it's Vegas, you know? I don't think I'm dog-awful now, but still... it was a bit disappointing in an odd sort of way.

wow i live in vegas and hardly get hit on anymore...i should b concerned lol
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Last year, the dude working the counter at the gas station hit on me while I was with my 9 year (who happened to be dressed in his shoulder pads/gear on his way to his football game). Here's how it went down:

Dude to Nolan: Is that your mom?

Nolan: Yeah.

Dude: You sure are lucky to have such a hot mom...

Nolan: Yeah. I live with her. I know how hot she is. I don't need some guy who works at a gas station using me to hit on my mom.

Nolan to me: Can we get our gas somewhere else, please? (and then he stomped out the door)

Ouch. :drinker:

Your son rules! That is perfect.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!