Jillian's 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• katie980
    Options
    i am definitely feeling it in my arms and back. i don't think i've done any toning in them for over a year...and the running i've been doing has helped with endurance but not with arms. so glad to be doing this with all of you! so inspiring to have a group to keep me on track! looking forward to getting my butt kicked again by jillian tonight. then watching her kick others' butts on biggest loser later.
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i am definitely feeling it in my arms and back. i don't think i've done any toning in them for over a year...and the running i've been doing has helped with endurance but not with arms. so glad to be doing this with all of you! so inspiring to have a group to keep me on track! looking forward to getting my butt kicked again by jillian tonight. then watching her kick others' butts on biggest loser later.

Well I haven't been doing much exercise up to this point, and I definately feel it throughout my body! I'm totally with you on getting my butt kicked then looking forward to her kicking other's butts! Glad to have you here too! :flowerforyou:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm on board here. I've been doing the level 1 Shred every few days but I really want to buckle down and do it every day. I have improved so much since I first tried it (about 1.5 weeks ago -- I've done it 3-4 times since then).

I LOVE it. When I wear my HRM, though, I notice my HR going over my recommended max heart rate occasionally. My HR will go over 200 bpm for a few seconds. I'm 25. Most of the rest of the time during the workout, my HR will stay between 160 and 180. Should I tone down the movement when that happens, or just keep chugging along?
  • kristen5286
    kristen5286 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I just did day 2!! Woo hoo!! I can already tell a difference in my endurance... that is insane!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling it!! lol

About the HRM and whether or not you should slow down.. I don't know so I'll let someone who know answer that one..
  • jennybenny104
    Options
    I am in! I started yesterday. I am on the 30 min, 30 day shred.. are you on the 30 or the 60 min?

How are you tracking your progress with this on this site? I have had to break it down by type of exercise and how long... like butt kicks, I put those down as running in place. Not sure how else to do it?
  • kristen5286
    Options
    I am in! I started yesterday. I am on the 30 min, 30 day shred.. are you on the 30 or the 60 min?

How are you tracking your progress with this on this site? I have had to break it down by type of exercise and how long... like butt kicks, I put those down as running in place. Not sure how else to do it?

The shred I'm doing is only 20 minutes...
  • oonafey
    oonafey Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Okay, I just ordered mine today, so I should be about a week behind you guys. From what everyone is saying, I guess I should go buy some 3 lb. weights, all I have is 5. What else do I need before it gets here? A mat, a ball, and weights? Is that it?
  • curvygirl63
    Options
    I'm in and also new to this site. I have been doing the 30 Day Shred for the past few days. My body is so sore but I'll keep going. I'm glad I'm not the only one "feeling the burn".

I'll too will let Jillian kick my butt, then I'll enjoy watching her kick butt on the Biggest Loser.
  • jennybenny104
    Options
    Okay, I just ordered mine today, so I should be about a week behind you guys. From what everyone is saying, I guess I should go buy some 3 lb. weights, all I have is 5. What else do I need before it gets here? A mat, a ball, and weights? Is that it?

Yup, thats it.. it is really hard but you will love it!
  • jennybenny104
    Options

Ok, I think mine is the same but on the 'on demand, cable' here (in Seattle) it has a warmup and cool down added. The one I was doing is no longer on as of today so maybe my new one will be hte 20min.. they put new ones one there every 2 months or so, which is nice so I don't get board.
  • meana717
    Options

Ok, I think mine is the same but on the 'on demand, cable' here (in Seattle) it has a warmup and cool down added. The one I was doing is no longer on as of today so maybe my new one will be hte 20min.. they put new ones one there every 2 months or so, which is nice so I don't get board.

I live here at Fort Lewis, WA and have On Demand too... its the same as the DVD... the total workout with warm-up and cool-down is 30min. And the one they put on today should be the same as last time.
    Also some people log it as Circuit Training, I log it as Calisthenics (sit-ups, push-ups) - either way they log in at the same calories burned! I checked!
  • meana717
    Options

You only need the mat if you want it.... I don't think you need a ball do you? I'm only on Level 1 so unless she introduces the ball in later I think all you need are the weights!
  • findingtimewith4
    Options
    I actually bought this DVD at least 3 months ago...... and as the old saying goes.... there's strength in numbers. So tonight, I'm going you all! I'm finding the time, even if it's 9pm. Best wishes to all!
    288955.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • kimmay
    kimmay Posts: 26
    Options
    So when I log this ...I put it under circuit training 20 mins. It says this 20 minute workout burns 181 calories? Is this correct?

I just started this last night. After 20 mins I did about another 15 mins of pilates. I would like to be burning more calories in my workout than what I am supposedly burning with this video. Maybe go for a run afterwards?
  • meana717
    Options
    So when I log this ...I put it under circuit training 20 mins. It says this 20 minute workout burns 181 calories? Is this correct?

I just started this last night. After 20 mins I did about another 15 mins of pilates. I would like to be burning more calories in my workout than what I am supposedly burning with this video. Maybe go for a run afterwards?

It all depends on your intensity on how many calories you will burn. If you don't feel like you are burning enough...definately try some cardio!
  • KChristie976
    KChristie976 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Im going to head out and buy the DVD tomorrow. I have heard lots of good and talk about it. Do you only need the DVD or what?
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Im going to head out and buy the DVD tomorrow. I have heard lots of good and talk about it. Do you only need the DVD or what?

The DVD, some room to move around, and something heavy(ish). The gals in the DVD are using little girly dumbbells, 2 or 3 or maybe 5 pounds. My wife is using 2's and it works. I'm using 8's and I gotta admit I can't finish all the shoulder lifts.

They sell 'em at wallyworld for a few $'s, or in a pinch you could just use a couple cans of soup.

We did it again last night. Very impressed with the Mrs. - Tuesday is her late night, she doesn't get home 'til 9-ish, and there we were at 9:30, hitting it hard. Good stuff, fun to get sweaty together.
  • sld63
    sld63 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My wife is using 2's and it works. I'm using 8's and I gotta admit I can't finish all the shoulder lifts.

Wow, thanks Casper! I was feeling down on myself cos I couldn't complete the shoulder press and shoulder lifts with 5's (have to drop the weight on both)... The 5's were too easy for the bicep curls and chest flys, I'm going to try 8's for those today...

Sherri
  • kristen5286
    Options

The DVD, some room to move around, and something heavy(ish). The gals in the DVD are using little girly dumbbells, 2 or 3 or maybe 5 pounds. My wife is using 2's and it works. I'm using 8's and I gotta admit I can't finish all the shoulder lifts.

They sell 'em at wallyworld for a few $'s, or in a pinch you could just use a couple cans of soup.

We did it again last night. Very impressed with the Mrs. - Tuesday is her late night, she doesn't get home 'til 9-ish, and there we were at 9:30, hitting it hard. Good stuff, fun to get sweaty together.

that is amazing!! so proud of the wifey!!
  • meana717
    Options
    Wow... I'm so proud of everyone for sticking with it. I was just telling my friend that my legs aren't too sore but my arms and shoulders are killing me! That I was thinking about skipping it tonight and just doing some cardio on my Gazelle (which doesn't burn nearly as many calories), but now I am definately going to go home and do the video again. Thanks everyone! :flowerforyou: