Jillian's 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• cheri822
    cheri822 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 6 and wow I love this DVD! I drip sweat and the pushups are SO hard, I still can't do them. It definitely gets easier but not much!
    Don't think I'll be ready to move onto the next level soon, 1st level is still difficult although everything is getting a LITTLE easier. :smile:
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    I just got this in the mail today and am looking forward to starting tomorrow. After reading your posts, I plan to ache afterwards, but it'll be worth it!
  • kristen5286
    kristen5286 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 6 and boy am I beat!!

Since starting it I have lost 1.4 lbs!!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Wife Mariettarose and I are on day 10. Interesting,,,

On Tuedays she works a late schedule. On that day she goes in at 11:30 and knocks off at 8:00pm. Hour commute get her home around 9:00 and I try to have supper waiting.

So - yesterday I came home, made porkchop soup (delish BTW), and waited impatiently for babygirl. She got home a few mins early, we feasted, watched a li'l tube to let dinner settle, and went up to the gym and got busy. Knocked out workout 1 again, and I think we're about ready for #2. Anyways, good workout.

Then she gives me a little surprise. She didn't really sleep in that morning, so she got up and did the shred that morning too - she did 30day shred twice in one day! :smile:

Yeah,,, we're doing level 2 this weekend at the latest.

On a semirelated note, I broke my elliptical machine again this morning. I'll take it apart and weld it (again) this weekend. :blushing: $3oo.oo machine, used 1/2 hour a day for 9 months or so - I can't really complain.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Wow Casper - that is awesome! I can't believe your wife's energy level. I couldn't imagine working all day, hour commute and then doing Shred so late at night. To top it off, she did it twice that day! She is Wonder Woman!

Hee hee - I got my husband doing Shred too. He's been watching me do it the last couple of weeks, and I think he realized that it's a good workout. He's done level 1 twice now. And he was complaining about his sore leg muscles after Monday's workout. He has pretty strong legs to begin with, so that's say a lot about the Shred's effectiveness.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is doing great on the Shred! :happy: I just finished day 6 this morning and can almost get through it without any breaks - the squat and press gets me everytime! And, of course, those freaking push-ups - I can't do a push-up to save my life!

For those of you who have moved on to level 2 - did you move after your 10 days on level 1 was up? Did you wait until you could do the entire workout of level 1 without any difficulty? I'm due to move up to level 2 on Monday (my 10th day on 1 will be Sunday) and like I said, I can pretty much get through the whole workout, but may still be struggling slightly by the time Monday gets here. Just wondering what others did. Thanks!
  • CasperO
    Options
    Wow Casper - that is awesome! I can't believe your wife's energy level. I couldn't imagine working all day, hour commute and then doing Shred so late at night. To top it off, she did it twice that day! She is Wonder Woman!
    <<snip>>

Lady D has some health probs, so when she's feeling good she really brings it - tries to catch up for what she missed when she was feeling rotten. Ya', she's a tough little cookie sometimes. It's easy for me to push it out, I have the health of a mutt dog and always feel Ok - but she gets it done while fighting Fibromyalgia and shingles. "Wind beneath my wings,,,:" and all that. :flowerforyou:
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    How long are the workouts? I am looking for something to do in the am before work...and then will do my usual run in the evenings....am looking for something around 20 minutes or so..
  • CasperO
    Options
    5 minutes warmup
    20 minutes circuit training (6 minute circuit <3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardie, 1 minute ab work> - 3 circuits)
    5 minutes cooldown/stretching

So - 1/2 hour, and worth it. Goes very quickly too. All you need is a TV&DVD player - a little room to move around - and a couple li'l handweights (wife uses 2's I use 8's).
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    How long are the workouts? I am looking for something to do in the am before work...and then will do my usual run in the evenings....am looking for something around 20 minutes or so..

With the short warm up and cool down the total is about 25 minutes. And boy do you feel it when you're done!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I had to take a break from the Shred this morning. My muscles felt like jello all day yesterday so I think I've been pushing it a little too hard going from no exercise to over an hour every day. I still woke up early and put in 30 minutes on my stationary bike and I'll go for my regular 45 minute walk on my lunch break. I can tell already I'm going to be back at it tomorrow but I really felt like my muscles needed a day to recover. My performance really struggled yesterday - I felt exhausted but pushed through it anyway. It was my 6th shred in 5 days and just moving was a struggle for the rest of the day which was a 13 hour work day & included a 2 mile walk at lunch, many trips up stairs, and grocery shopping after work. I can't say I even remember my head hitting the pillow. :yawn:
  • katie980
    Options
    I did it last night (in 2 parts---had to stop when our realtor came over...we're in the process of selling our house), and it went well. I'm sure the break in the middle helped, but i could do everything! the only cheating i did was in the shoulder raises in circuit 3...the second set i had to get rid of my weights halfway through. so excited to see progress! and i can really feel my legs getting stronger. i also ran my best mile yesterday! got one in 9:32, beating my best time by 16 seconds! crazy how circuit training can help my running.
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 2 today.

I upped the weights from yesterday and used different weights for different exercises. The pushups are still killer. I've been trying to do the 100 push up challenge, but I think I'm going to have to put it on hold for the 30 day shred. Happy shredding everyone! OH, I keep meaning to take a picture and some measurements for post-30 day shred comparison.
  • kristen5286
    Options
    Good day everyone! Casper.. your wife truly is Wonder Woman!

What is y'all's progress so far??

I'm about to do day 7:) YIKES!!
  • CasperO
    Options
    Good day everyone! Casper.. your wife truly is Wonder Woman!

What is y'all's progress so far??

I'm about to do day 7:) YIKES!!

I'm up to almost no cheating and following the tougher girl most of the time. Wife is noticeably stronger - whether she knows it or not. We're about ready for #2. :smile:
  • Kaileyxoxo
    Kaileyxoxo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Day 10, 3rd day of level 2. The first day of level 2 was hard because I wasnt used to the exercises, especially all of the plank positions, even Natalie cheats! lol, but you do get the hang of it. Its a great workout.
  • kristen5286
    Options
    I mostly don't cheat either.. only on the stupid jump rope!! and I have to do my push ups waaaaay slower than them or I would stop too often..
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Day 10 Workout...DONE! Still cheat on the push-ups, but I do everything else! YAY! Have a little trouble balancing during the Lunges with Bicep Curl.... but now we are over that moving onto LEVEL 2! Hope everyone else had a great workout! Whooo Hoooo! :flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    Options
    Hit 'er again last night. Day 11. Gonna really try tonight to nail it - no cheating, guy pushups, real butt kickin' butt kicks. Wish me luck.

D normally tans on thursday eve's, but the weather looks great for this afternoon and rainy for tomorrow afternoon - so I called and rescheduled her tanning appt. to tomorrow. We're getting out on the bikes today! :bigsmile: :laugh: :tongue:
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3 - Done! And, I remembered this morning to take my measurements and some pictures.

I feel like I will never master push ups! I have to go super slow - plus I'm still doing modified push ups.