Jillian's 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Success!! I was so close to talking myself out of doing it today, but I pushed through and did Level 2. Felt great. And I didn't take any breaks. I stuck with Anita most of the time, but that's o.k. Thanks for this thread - it's keeping me honest. :flowerforyou:
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I just started the shred today. I am already stiff. I also landscape for a living and spent the morning digging holes for new plants for a customer. I hope I can join the group here. I would like to know how long has everyone stayed at level one before stepping up the level.

Kel:heart:

P.S. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks:flowerforyou:
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I just started the shred today. I am already stiff. I also landscape for a living and spent the morning digging holes for new plants for a customer. I hope I can join the group here. I would like to know how long has everyone stayed at level one before stepping up the level.

Welcome to the group Kel! I stayed on level 1 for 10 days then pushed through onto Level 2!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone who's been lurking and joining recently! :) Glad to see you here.

I went for a run this morning and then did level 2 after that. I'm not entirely sure I'm doing the planks right (It doesn't feel quite hard enough - so I'm thinking maybe I need to straighten out my back more? If I could see myself, I'd probably see my butt sticking up too high :laugh:

I dunno... now I'm walking around feeling like my hamstrings are tight (and I'm stretching a lot) - maybe it's those high kick crossovers? Oh, the joy!!!
  • Redneckwoman
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the group Kel! I stayed on level 1 for 10 days then pushed through onto Level 2!

Thanks for the welcome. I have plans on doing the shred every other day and on my off days do Leslie Sansones 2mile brisk walk. And take Sundays off. So it will take me about twenty days to do each level. I hope this works for me.

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

Thanks for the welcome. I have plans on doing the shred every other day and on my off days do Leslie Sansones 2mile brisk walk. And take Sundays off. So it will take me about twenty days to do each level. I hope this works for me.

Welcome Kel! I'm also alternating 30 day shred with other cardio. I've lost 26 pounds since September 8th and I still weigh 244 (and I'm 5'4") so this was a shockingly strenuous workout for me at first. I'm getting better and better each time I do it, but I'm not ashamed to say I'll probably stay on level 1 every other day for a month, then move up to level 2 for a month, then to level 3. I tried level 2 about a week ago and it was too much for me so I dropped back down to level one. So don't get discouraged if something seems too hard at first -- just keep moving and you'll get there eventually. :wink:
  • Redneckwoman
    Options

Welcome Kel! I'm also alternating 30 day shred with other cardio. I've lost 26 pounds since September 8th and I still weigh 244 (and I'm 5'4") so this was a shockingly strenuous workout for me at first. I'm getting better and better each time I do it, but I'm not ashamed to say I'll probably stay on level 1 every other day for a month, then move up to level 2 for a month, then to level 3. I tried level 2 about a week ago and it was too much for me so I dropped back down to level one. So don't get discouraged if something seems too hard at first -- just keep moving and you'll get there eventually. :wink:

Thanks so much the in put and the support:flowerforyou:

• meana717
    Options
    Ok so I totally screwed the pooch on this one! I had to deal wth a bit of kid catastrophe when I got off of work today, and before I knew it my dinner guests showed up so I didnt get my workout in which wouldn't have been a big deal since I still had 10 calories left over after dinner. But... after dinner I had a break down and broke into the Halloween candy. In which I couldn't stop after eating one! Nope, had 3 snack size reese's cup and 2 snack size kit-kats. Grrr...so mad at myself!

well tomorrow is a new day. And I wll get my workout in, and if I can...hopefully I can get up early and do it before and AFTER work!

Hope ya'll had a better day than I!
  • tvjunkie
    Options
    Can I join in too? Just started the Shred today :)

Level 1 WAS hard!! This past month I was going to a Boot Camp 3 times a week ... while it was hard - the shred was harder for me.

My plans are to do this every morning before work for the next 30 days. I have before pics and measurements taken .... hoping to see improvement in a month.
  • meana717
    Options
    Can I join in too? Just started the Shred today :)

Level 1 WAS hard!! This past month I was going to a Boot Camp 3 times a week ... while it was hard - the shred was harder for me.

My plans are to do this every morning before work for the next 30 days. I have before pics and measurements taken .... hoping to see improvement in a month.

Oh of course you can join! Welcome to the Shred! I forgot to take measurements, and I waited until I did one week before I remembered to take pictures! I'm so brilliant I tell you! :laugh:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Shredders,
    Checking in w/ day 2 of level one - I really enjoy this w/o but day 2 seemed harder than day one! I was really sore in areas that I hadn't been in before and my arms really ache. I had to really push myself thru the anterior raises - even harder than on day. The push ups are difficult for me too - awww heck the whole strength thing is majorly challenging - I find myself grateful for the cardio, :laugh: I really wish she had chapters or something to bypasss all of the self promotion in the beginning - it's unnecessary and kind of annoying - I took one poster's advice and made coffee while she was talking and that seemed to work. I got in 20 min TJ after work yesterday and getting ready to do FIRM hardcore fusion (35min cardio + weights) to round it out for the day. I like getting in about 60 min for the day - it's good for me and it goes by fast. I drive about 1.5 hours to and rom work each day so it's a good way to wind down.
    Tomorrow will be day 3 - at 450am! I am already feeling it and look forward to the results. It's really encouraging to hear your stories - It motivated me to try this one.

Keep posting, winners and stay on track,
    Janet:heart:
  • SO1124
    Options
    I have heard of this video before here, and from all of your responses, I think I am going to give it a go too!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Day 2 of Level 2... was pretty good! I was able to catch my reflection in a glass door and saw what i was doing wrong with the planks. Yep... it was my caboose too high in the air. Once I dropped it I really felt the abs having to work to hold it in place.

I dropped down from 5 lbs back to 3, cant hack the 5's through the entire thing... YET. The last set of V-raises I even had to do without any weights at all - my arms were so fatigued... but I know by the end of a week of this... or 10 days, I should be able to do with the 3lbers at least.

Good job everyone!!!!
  • liloneames267
    liloneames267 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just started this again today. I hope you don't mind if I join you! I did it a few times before I moved, but I would only get through 10 minutes of it. Today I did the entire 1st level! Hopefully I can stick with it.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Wife and I are finding our way, trying to find a schedule that works for both of us. Her health issues play a big role too, and we have to "make hay when the sun's shining" and try to get her some exercise when she's up to it - but without overdoing. A real guessing game sometimes.

Last night we were in the rack well before 10. I was up at 5, did my elliptical and first set of my weights routine and then woke Mrose up @ 6. She got going and we did the shred level 1 about 6:15 to 6:45. Then I did the second half of my weights while she showered. She did very well again, just hope her fibromyalgia doesn't throw her down and stomp on her again. We have to be very careful - - - if she overdoes it she pays big time. :grumble:

Great morning. I'm at work now and I feel like bionic superman on crank. :tongue: Just hoping she's well. I could do this every morning.
  • Redneckwoman
    Options
    Day 2 level one - OMG I am woopt!!!!! But I feel GOOD!!!!

• Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Shredders,
    Day 3 of level one at 450am before work!! It was better today. Starting to go by quickly and I am trying to pay more attention to holding my stomach in and my form. My upper body strength - even thought I thought i was strong, mind you, is not what I thought it was... - imagine that, :laugh: . I know it will get better if I keep this up! I really want to work my lower half tonight. I just got a walking dvd - I think I might try it out. Leslie Sansone watp ultimate collection. My walking buds really enjoy it! I have to get my mind set in the right direction - there is a w/o in my future tonight!

So proud of everyone for hanging in there~ keep moving,
    Janet:heart:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Level 2, Day 3 done.... :) Am I crazy to actually LIKE it?
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Dragonfly - don't feel bad boo'ful. I'm a big strong guy, I can benchpress 250'ish pounds. I'm doing shred level 1 with 8 pound dumbs and my triceps and shoulders DIE during the presses and the raises! It's just hard to do any repeated movement that many time. You're doing super.

Smilie - we all like it honey, even the ones that hate it. :-)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I was up at 5 again, did my 30 minutes elliptical and then Mrose and I did shred level 1 from 6:15 to 6:45 again today. She's adjusted her meds lately and she's looking better and feeling better. Definitely need to shampoo the carpets in that area this weekend! May invest in some mats soon and see what that's like.

Keep it up guys - we're getting better!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Accountability: I bailed on Jillian after Monday this week. This is TMI, but pms (and now tom) + major stress from work totally zapped my energy every day this week. I was going to hit it last night, but then my stomach felt like someone was stabbing me with a flaming knife (warning about the beginnings of a stomach ulcer, perhaps? Thanks, job I hate!). I've been keeping it moving in other ways, and I'll be hopping on board again as soon as I feel up to it (probably sometime this weekend). I wanted to explain my absense but I *will* be back! :drinker: