Jillian's 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Shredders,
    Woo Hoo!! Went home and after a ton of housework (so it seemed at 7pm last night) I did 20min of TJ before I finally ate dinner - FYI if you love salmon it makes a great lite supper if it's late (baked salmon w/ Tony Sacheres + fresh ground pepper and FF butter spray - w/ asapragus, delish:tongue: ) Got up early this moring and did day 4 @ 425am! Had to be at the office by 7 and I didn't want to miss it. I dislike having to put off my w/o til in the pm - energy level too unpredictable and of course, something always calls for your attention,:laugh:
    Kuddos to everyone for hanging in there - thought of you guys as I sleepily tied my sneaks this morning. I told myself " if Casper and his Mrose can do it, if Smiles can do it, and Redneckwoman can do it (Plus anyone else I missed:flowerforyou: ) so can I !

You guys are the greatest and have a terrific day,
    Janet:heart:
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Way to stick in there everyone! I did the shred again last night... and I seriously think Jilian is trying to kill me in a slow merciless way! Anyone else having lots of tension and pain in their neck/shoulder area? Mainly on my right side! Oh well...just keep pushing!

Have a great day and weekend everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Amanda - now that you mention it, I think I was having neck/shoulder pain too. I haven't done Shred since Tuesday, so it's gone now. Wonder if it's the planks??
  • jenners22
    Options
    I am new to myfitnesspal as of today and have the 30 day shred at home so I will start tonight too. I have done this video several times before (my first time I lasted 10 days and I was already getting very much in shape) I must warn you, its pretty grueling, but just stick with it ,and by day 5 you will be so impressed with yourself! Also a word of encouragement - I think Level 2 is easier than Level 1 so you have that to look forward to once you conquer Level 1 :-)

So far I've lost 60 pounds using the 30 Day Shred. I will do Level One until I can make it all the way through and think "that's it?" then I move to level two (same mind set) and then onto three.

I thought level two was the most difficult of all the levels because of how much it focuses on upper body stuff (planks and mountain climbers and ab twists) .

But I love this program and it does work. I've now pulled my sister into my workout with me and its really fun with her.
  • jenners22
    Options
    Wife and I did it tonight, first time I've ever done a video workout. Did circuit one, not bad, kind'a fun. Time sure went fast. I plan to do this one in the morning instead of me elliptical and see what shakes loose.

I normally do dumbbell exercises like the flies and rows with 45 pounds in each hand, but only 10 or 12 reps. Tonight in the shred I used 8 pounders for the full minutes of the routine and I was dying! :laugh:

One thing interesting. I wore my HRM for this and came up with about 210 calories. MFP says 20 minutes of circuit training is 256. Not bad,,, pretty close. HRM said I was around 135-140 beats per minute. Nice.

My HRM says that on level one of the 30 day shred I burn 470. But then again my heart rate is usually up to 181-191 (about 89-97% of my max heart rate for my age).
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Wow,,, that's boiling! I'd be terrified if I ever saw 180BPM!

My resting pulse is 55-ish, and I get into the 160's sometimes on the elliptical or the bicycle. I'm a little older too at 42.
  • meana717
    Options
    I am new to myfitnesspal as of today and have the 30 day shred at home so I will start tonight too. I have done this video several times before (my first time I lasted 10 days and I was already getting very much in shape) I must warn you, its pretty grueling, but just stick with it ,and by day 5 you will be so impressed with yourself! Also a word of encouragement - I think Level 2 is easier than Level 1 so you have that to look forward to once you conquer Level 1 :-)

So far I've lost 60 pounds using the 30 Day Shred. I will do Level One until I can make it all the way through and think "that's it?" then I move to level two (same mind set) and then onto three.

I thought level two was the most difficult of all the levels because of how much it focuses on upper body stuff (planks and mountain climbers and ab twists) .

But I love this program and it does work. I've now pulled my sister into my workout with me and its really fun with her.

WOW 60 pounds!!!! How long did that take you? I'm not seeing much of a weight loss... a guess I do notice a little bit of strength improvement and endurance.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Casper, i might have spoken too soon... did i say I like it? :noway: Did level 2 again and those v raises at the 3rd circuit are killer. I have not been able to get through them. But I'm not going to let them win! No way!

Dragon/Janet.. you're right - and all of you on here are good motivation to keep coming back and doing it again!

Jenners - 60 lbs on this? Wow!!! That's awesome! Good for you! I bet you have some nice pipes and abs of steel by now.. :) Great job!:flowerforyou:
  • Angel1029
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! Hope you don't mind if I join you. I just picked up the DVD today and plan to start it tomorrow. I took a look at it today and I think I'm up for a challenge. Just need some motivation.
  • elephantmeg
    elephantmeg Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I picked it up today and did day 1. Had to bail on some of the raises-I bought 5 lbs and was wishing for 3 lb weights! I can see how this can really make a difference. Whew!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! Hope you don't mind if I join you. I just picked up the DVD today and plan to start it tomorrow. I took a look at it today and I think I'm up for a challenge. Just need some motivation.

Welcome! Hope we are motivating enough... :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Okay, I don't know why, but I cannot get through the last circuit on level 2 without wimping out. I'm DETERMINED to do it tomorrow!
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Happy Weekend Shredders,
    Welcome Angel! Glad to see the new face; please do join us. The more faces the better !!
    I did day 5 of level one today almost 2 times (DH interrupted me 2x so I ended up doing the 1st circuit a total of 3 x today, lol! I also got on the scale and says I've lost 2 lbs ... since tuesday. Not "Biggest Loser" style weight loss but i'll take it!!
    Hope everybody enjoys the rest of their weekend and stays on track ~ we can do this!

• Dragonfly11
    Options
    Hey Everybody,
    Just finished my shred for the day (day 6:drinker: ) and heading to krogers - wanted to keep me accountable :smile:
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend !

• elephantmeg
    elephantmeg Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I did day 2 today. Still cussing but only took 2 or 3 5 sec breaks
  • liloneames267
    liloneames267 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just finished level 1 day 3. I didn't do any this weekend because we had company stay with us. The kids did it on Friday and they liked it. They kept asking to do it again lol.
  • meana717
    Options
    OK ya'll so this is going to be a long post! FAIR WARNING! :smile:

So on Friday I had taken a healthy lunch of tuna on whole wheat and yogurt to work. Was feeling a little spunky and asked everyone if they wanted some Subway for lunch instead. Well they weren't feeling it an said they were going to go to the local cafe for hamburgers. After lots of persistant peer pressure I caved and ordered a Mushroom Swiss Burger with French Fries. Well come to find out their french fries are actually fried potato wedges....and like 2 lbs of them! Even more so I came to find out (after eating the food) that the burger was 720 calories!!!! YIKES :noway: So I didn't eat anything else the rest of the day!!! Ontop of all that.... within seconds of finishing my food I was so nauseas and sick that I felt like I was going to vomit all day! Well I didn't get to come home and do my workout either. So I felt like crap! Saturday, however, I felt FANFREAKINTASTIC! I got out of bed at like 730 and got into workout clothes...and busted out a 30 day shred level 2! It felt spectacular!

I didn't do the shred today though...my shoulder is still killing me. The knee is better...but my shoulder is blah! I did however spend 30 minutes raking my front yard! I had a whole tree's worth of leaves covering the dang thing!

I will be back on board tomorrow!!!!
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Just one more post before I get ready for bed:laugh: ; i did an extra 20 min of TJ (253 cals) per MFP and I feel really ggod - going to live a little and have some ben & jerry choc fudge brownie yogurt for desert. I still have a 500 cal defecit for the day, yea!

Amamda - don't beat yourself up about the Friday lunch - we all get off track sometimes. The important thing is you got right back on top of it on Saturday! Good for you!! Oh, good job on level 2.
    I'm not there yet, level 1 is still kickin my butt even at day 6:laugh:

Meg - Keep at it ; it does get more endurable (if that's a word) and even fun!! It's crazy .. it hurts but it's fun.... go figure:ohwell:

See you all tomorrow,
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Janet and Amanda... burgers, fries and ice cream oh my!!!! Should we add to that my tequila shots that seemed like a good idea last night (but definitely weren't)???

We all have those days I guess. (At least, that's what I'm telling myself). At least the burgers, fries and ice cream don't result in ridiculous behavior AND calorie overages. :)

Today... I slept. In my bed. And drank water. And ate. I did not shred. Tomorrow is a new day.

On the upside - a friend I haven't seen in a few weeks (who also thought tequila was a good idea), commented to me last night that I'm looking muscular. :bigsmile:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Level 2 this morning, getting better. Toughest part for me is the mil-press with knee extensions. I can military press 200 pounds 4 or 5 times, no problem - but Mil-pressing 16 pounds about 35 times, while kicking like a rockette,,, wow. It's a different kind of tough.

The guy in the mirror's looking better, and I feel great. 's cool.